The Chain Ship Project

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

The Chain Ship Project

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Verminator brought up a interesting idea. It follows:
How about a chainship? Someone makes a basic start, then successive shipbuilders alter it bit by bit until it's perfected.
I though it might be a interesting project. So I began this Topic.

So basically, we start with a something. I made this as a start, however since this is the first of its kind, it might be better if we start with a plain core or something else. It is up to you guys.

Anyways, from there, you takes the ship and build alittle on it. When you finish you post a Picture. Then the next person takes it and builds alittle more, and posts a picture afterward. This process continues until we agree that the ship has reached a point where we can call it finished.

You have 24-48 Hours to do your piece. That's all.

Of course there's things we'll have to figure out along the way, such as a color scheme, armament, a Name, and such. I won't be surprised if we argue a bit about how it should look. But hopefully I think we'll figure it out once it gets rolling.

So what do ya say? Lets get going!

IMPORTANT NOTICE
THE LIST IS NOW OFFICIALLY CLOSED!!! NO MORE ENTRANTS!!!

Currently:
Lizzie (Sticky, Color Scheme)

Up Next:
ChaosTheory (Stickied, Weapons)

Already:
ArcaneDude - Submission
Exethalion - Submission
Verminator - Submission
Arcalane - Submission
Raul - Submission
Daxx - Submission
Comm111 - Submission
BoVine - Submission (Somewhat...)
mtheminja - Submission

Skipped:
Derekiv - Submission

Alternates:
Raul (Direct Link) - Submission B
Arcalane - GCBS Sentinel
TheBlueEcho - Discordia
Iron Ham - Vanquisher
Verminator - Adjudicator

Spin-offs:
Droid - Ships of the United Imperial oh forget it...
Arcalane - Galactic Council

Rule Summary:
-You have 24-48 Hours to do your piece. That's all. However, Please try to work quickly. If you don't meet the deadline then we move to who's next in line. Sorry.
-You Must post a Blueprint file and a Picture.
-If the forumites find that your addition is of sub-par level, based on the Parenting and the Picture, but no common agreement can be made, I will view it and make a final decision. Hopefully it will never have to come to this.
-I hold no responsibility if you Addition gets altered or Removed. Plus since this is a chainship, you should expect some changes anyway.
-You cannot skip people in line. That is why we have the Hours rule, so everybody has a decent amount of time yet not so much that were waiting forever.
-You cannot build the entire ship, and post it here. IF YOU DO THIS AND POST IT HERE YOUR SUBMISSION WILL BE DISMISSED.
-No Lucky 9 UberCrap Weapons Please.
-When You finish your submission, please PM the Next person on the list. Use this following message template:

Code: Select all

It's your turn now to participate in The Chain Ship Project. Here is the last entry: <<Insert Last submission link here>>

You have 2 days, (Or until <<Insert Day>>) to submit an entry as of this messages time.

It is encouraged that you work quickly yet effectively, so as to allow others to work on the ship as well, and to make sure your work is not of sub-par nature.
Last edited by TheBlueEcho on Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:27 am, edited 28 times in total.
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

You should make it so that people will have to post that they're doing it before making the ship to insure that the chain ship doesn't diverge somewhere because two people built off the same one. Then give them 24 hours... or whatever.
Don’t worry it has airbags.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

I am so in on this one.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

Mmmm . . . count me in. I'll do the weapons systems after the main body is complete.
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

I Probably put a list of who has it now, and who has already worked on it.

Also I might do it as a First come first serve basis. So since Arcane looks like the eager one he may start first. Unless you want to do it ASM?
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

Nah, I don't want Anna to yell at me for making the hull a naked chick in the shipbuilder.
Don’t worry it has airbags.
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Oh, Okay then.

ArcaneDude; You get to start.Heres the DL from My start of if you want to start from there.

Who wants to go next?
Hiant
Commander
Commander

Post by Hiant »

Me :D

sign me up.
derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

I want in asap.
Hiant
Commander
Commander

Post by Hiant »

Ok done, here's the download: http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... nShip2.sb3
derekiv is next?
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Um, Hiant, Have you been reading?
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Second to multiplayer battle, coop building would be a wicked addition to the next version! I will take a turn at it if noone minds, but no rush. I'll let the pros get part of the hull built first. What are the limits on how much you can add, just so we don't have someone turning in a practically finished ship?
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Shouldn't a decision be made as to where this ship should go, and what type of ship this will be? It would probably be pretty bad if one person wants it to have an industrial feel, then the next one wants an alien feel.

Anyway, I'd like to join in on this, but I have exams until the sixteenth so...
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

Realtime multiplayer shipbuilding!
Guy A: 'Stop colouring that freaking piece orange, it look HORRIBLE'
Guy B: 'Well, if you'd stop restretching that section 26, we might get somewhere...'
Guy A: 'Alright, if that's the way you want it... *deletes Guy B's half*'
Guy B: *spams sections all over Guy A's half*
Um, Hiant, Have you been reading?
ArcaneDude; You get to start->
ArcanHianteDude
ArcanHianteDude
ArcanHianteDude
Hiant
Office hours: 12:30-2:00 PST M-F, in #BSF.
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Well since this is kind of an experiment, currently there is no limit. However I am relying on the shipbuilders to be responsible enough not to build the entire ship in one shot. I will be constructing some rules as this goes along, in an effort to prevent problems, such as the 24-48 Hours rule which will be posted up shortly.

However, if someone does something like that it will be rejected and dismissed, because they are ruining the Idea of this project.

Oh yes, somebody facepalm Hiant.