Bad Boy's New Ships: Now With Two SWA Style Fleets

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Bad Boy's New Ships: Now With Two SWA Style Fleets

Post by Bad Boy »

Firstly, My Old Ships, Fleets, and Links.

Here are some ships. The obsolete ships have all been moved into my other ship thread, you can see them at the link at the top of the page.

Here are links to the posts with the non-SWA ships:

Staimosa and Random Curves
Steampunk
Another Steampunk
Big Steampunk
Original Ashkandanadoranan, For Posterity, Free of Use, Hakko-GO, and The Wyrm

Well, it's been an hour since Kae's SA sprites came out, so here's a ship (built in the hour and a half). Considering the tiny amount of thought put into it, it looks pretty decent, entirely because of the spectacular sprites.
I remade it so the colour scheme isn't as appalling, and I added winglets.
The first pic is the original, while the second pic is the remade version.

I also remade the Ashkandanadoranan using Kae's SW sections, so here it is. Other then the use of SW sections, it's unchanged.

The two fleets below will get their own thread (along with one or two more) when I've finished a decent number of them. In the mean time, they're here. The Verians have fairly advanced tech while the humans are low tech.

The first fleet, the Neo-Verian Battlefleet. Named after Norse gods.
The ships are, in order, Gungir - Frigate, Hrungnir - Bombardment Destroyer, Fafnir - Cruiser, and Vanaheimr - Station:

The second fleet, the Neo-Terran Armada. Named after Mesopotamian gods.
The ships are, in order, Beletseri - Frigate, and Erishkigal - Cruiser:

That's all for now, I may update sometime in the near future, but no guarantees. If anyone wants downloads, tell me and I'll upload the ship. C&C welcome.
Last edited by Bad Boy on Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:14 am, edited 30 times in total.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Yeah, the battleship is definately the best one of the bunch. Liking the colors, and the fact that youve recolored weapons.

Theres some potential in that purple thing. If you removed the hexagonal part and continued with the style established on the front, something decent might come out of it.

Mind providing default zoom screenshots? Id like to see them in all their crispy glory, plus i hate zoomed in screenshots.
Last edited by Kaelis on Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kanosint
Commander
Commander

Post by Kanosint »

I love the Battleship quite a lot <3
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

@Kano - Yeah, so do I. It's definitely my best CE ship, and probably my best ship. The weapons are also pretty good, in fact here's an action shot:
The weapons look better in game, mainly due to the numerous awesome looking explosions. Did I mention I love the new weapons?

@Kaelis - Of all of the ships or only the battleship?
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Bad Boy wrote:@Kaelis - Of all of the ships or only the battleship?
Papal fleet and that purple ship.
DoubleThink
Captain
Captain

Post by DoubleThink »

Space pope is a loltastic concept.

The ships aren't bad either.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Alright, here you go, default zoom pics as requested by Kaelis:
Yes, I do plan to shrink the Romanus, also, I redesigned the Benedictus MkI slightly so it looks a bit better and a bit less bricky. If the other version of it was better, I can easily revert it.
Last edited by Bad Boy on Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Two new papal ships, the Benedictus MkII Class Gunship, and the Evaristus Class Bombardment Frigate. They're in the first post. Also, I love torpedoes:
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

The shitload of torpedos don't really look awesome at all. Best thing to do is reduce the sprite size (hence the bullet size) and then ramp up the explosion size to compensate. Other than that, the ships look quite good, well done.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Alright, new ship, the Anacletus MkI Class Destroyer. Also, I've taken Exe's advice and resized the torpedoes and their explosions, the torpedos are 70% of their previous size, while the explosions are 150% of their previous size, so it looks a lot better.

Also, some more default zoom pics, because they make the ships look a lot nicer:
I'll get the Benedictus MkII default zoom pic up in a while.[/img]
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

New ship, in the first post, it's my first real attempt with rotation. I'll post action pics later.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

@ the new ship:

And this, kids, is how NOT to make your animated gifs.

Zoomed in, badly cropped, with grid in background, poor compression = FAIL.

24 mb in size? INFINITE BLOODY FAIL.

Seriously, are you mad? Nobody is gonna wait that long!

Here are some tips for future reference: Keep it at default zoom (honestly, what is it with you people insisting on zooming in so that everything is blurred and ugly?). Use a full-black background. Crop the frames as much as you can (or rather, capture the smallest area you can in the first place). If the whole movement cycle is long, use frameskip. Use 64 colors max when saving the gif, unless the animation is small and/or short. All this combined and this gif would be 1-2mb.

Apart from that, and from rather haphazard rotation of the second wing, its a fairly decent ship.
Venator
Captain
Captain

Post by Venator »

Oh... was it a large file? I'm on a T-3 net and it loaded instantly :lol:.

Nice use of rotation, though.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2921][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DraTuicichNovae/AESig.png[/img][/url]
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Back from the dead, (yay four months). I've got a couple of new ships, as well as some older ones I never actually posted. Enjoy. C&C welcome.

Here's a random curvy ship that I made when the public version was released. Note that there are lasers on every white circle thing.

Here's a ship that was loosely inspired by the Athena. I would love to be able to make a triangular front, but I don't really want to put more time into it. Note that the brighter necron glyphs are supposed to fade in and out, but they don't seem to do it ingame. Also, the beams are my own sprite, they would look so much better if there wasn't that little edge thing, but I never really tried fixing it so... (sorry about the bottom thrusters, their colours failed in game and I don't want to take another pic)
Last edited by Bad Boy on Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Very good ships all around, quite original and well built.

May i request proper screenshots for the newest ones?