WYRDYSM GAMES

Home of Battleships Forever
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:15 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:28 am 
Offline
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:34 am
Posts: 1270
Location: Halifax, Canada
I figured its about time I make this thread. It's just a hub for random ships and fleets that have been discontinued and don't really deserve their own thread, as well as random ships that I won't make into a fleet. Some of them have downloads, some don't. If anyone thinks that any of these should be continued, please tell me. Also included will be links to all of my various fleets that have their own threads.

My New Ships

Fleet/Ship/Encounter Recent Updates:

The E.D.F.
Armageddon's Scribe
The Papal Fleet (Download) - Note: I didn't really want to necro the thread for a simple download since I've basically abandoned the fleet, but for anyone who wants it, you can find it on the first page.


Fleet/Ship/Encounter List

The Evlein Democratic Federation
Armageddon's Scribe (Abandonned In the Hope That It Will Be Forgotten)
Tiny Ships Fleet
Tiny Ships Encounters
The Satanist Fleet (Maybe Not So Abandonned)
The Papal Fleet (Abandonned)


Random Ships/Fleets Posted Here:

Neverborn:
Image
The Neverborn
Image
The Neverborn's main beam array in action.
Image
The Neverborn's two secondary beam cannons firing.
Image
The Neverborn's other weapons firing.
I made this when I was at one point fed up of the E.D.F. It didn't turn out at all as I had planned, but I think it looks quite decent. It's fairly on par with titan ships, and can easily own any MRA balanced dreadnought. It's main weapons are beams with very high damage and a very high reload. It's secondary weapons are two short duration beams designed to do tons of damage over a wide space, with a long reload. It's other weapons are various highly modded pulsars designed to provide constant fairly weak fire. I had originally planned to arm it with nothing but pulsars, but then found out that there's not that much one can do with them (that is to say that you can do more with them than with any other gun, but not enough to arm a ship entirely with them and not have all of the weapons looking fairly similar). Also, yes, I know that the pictures without the sun are hard to see, and that with the sun it looks like a silhouette. Please don't complain about that, because that's what I was aiming for. Also, one interesting thing is that I've found a way to make a stationary one shot gun platform thing (I'll give you a hint, it's the pulsar in the center of the ship).

Beam Gunship:
Image
I'm sure at least one person remembers the gunship I posted in the EDF thread, and this is the evolution of it. Yes, I know it's fuck ugly, yes, it took me very little time to make, and yes, I may work on this concept and actually do something that doesn't look unpleasant with it (but maybe not). I do not want everyone telling me how ugly it is, because I already know that it looks like shit.

Random Nameless Fleetlet Thing:
Image
The Corvette
Image
The Frigate
Image
The Other Frigate Design
Firstly, yes, I know that the weapons appear to be facing backwards, meaning the missile shoots backwards. Anyway, I randomly made the corvette sometime during this summer in a sudden spurt of creativity, then I made the frigate, disliked it, changed it, still didn't like it, changed it again, then gave up and went back to working on the EDF. As a result, there are only three ships (two of which are the same thing), and I have no idea where to go from here (but it's probably going to be nowhere) with them. I would appreciate thoughts on which frigate is better, but if I don't get any, that's fine too. Also note that all of the pics have been quickly brightened because they were originally to dark. Due to this, they look a bit strange. Also, sorry if they're still too dark, if they are, I'll retake pictures with a sun in the background to brighten things up.

The Hidden Fleet:
Image
The Recluse Class Corvette
Image
The Hermit Class Frigate
Image
Image
The Hunter Class Assault Battleship
A stock balanced fleet I started a long time ago, stopped working on, then started back on. I recently upgraded them with doodad's some of which, in my opinion, look quite great, but sadly the pics don't show them too well. All of the weapons and modules are modded to various extents. I tried to make them similar and balanced to stock ships, and I think I succeeded to an extent. I'll probably actually work on these and give them their own thread sometime, but for now, they're in this one.

The Aziraphalie Fleet:
Image
Hadraniel
Image
Zachariel
Image
Barachiel1
Image
Barachiel2
Image
Seraphiel Class Small Station
My fleet for the second cold war thing. I never bothered to post them due to the fact that most of them are fairly unattractive. I'm not sure which Barachiel to use, but I suppose it no longer matters so... Also, just to tell you, these are relatively stock balanced, with the hadraniel being fairly equal to a Zelus, the Zachariel being fairly equal to a Hestia, and the Barachiel being fairly equal to a Cronus (despite being 250 or 266 pieces larger than the cronus depending on which ship it is). Oh yes, please don't bug me about the fact that this fleet is essentially comprised of one section repeated over and over, because I know this.

Okay, new ship, no proper name as yet (its placeholder name is 'Try', hence the picture names). Thanks to everyone on IRC who helped me fix it. I plan to make this into one of those ships that expands (i.e. I add more sections to it, and it becomes a new ship) into a fleet. In terms of pics, the first pic is the original version of it, with its overly dark colours which were fixed thanks to the friendly folks on IRC (who are definitely not super elitist elite people who are extremely elite and elitist.)
Old pic.
Image
Idle pic.
Image
Small guns and pd.
Image
Bigger guns.
Image
Main beam (note it has plasma so it explodes at the end, but sadly that doesn't work very well because plasma refuses to be any colour other then red or green).
Image


Ships Moved From New Thread

Here are the first 2 ships I made with SMCE, they're pretty mediocre, but they were just there to explore the new shipmaker.
Image
Image
Image
Image

I was screwing around and decided to build something wide, and this is what I came up with. I don't plan to arm it, so it's probably finished. The second one is an extended version I came up with.
Image
Image

My first real attempt at rotating sections, I think it turned out pretty well. Sorry for the slightly jerky picture, I had to put on frame skip of 2 or 3 (I can't remember which) so it wouldn't end up being ridiculously long. Note that the second one is how it should look, I just never managed to get my ship gif to not fail, so I posted both the gif and the pic.
Image
Image

Just another ship that I never got around to arming or naming. I have two pics of it, because I'm not sure whether I prefer it backwards or forwards (pic 1 = forwards, pic 2 = backwards).
Image
Image

Probably my best ship yet, I'm kind of sorry to have to lose this one, but I definitely don't feel like remaking it. It was kind of (very) inspired by Talhydras' style, which is probably one of the best styles on the forum, if you haven't seen them, I advise you to check them out. Note that the wings are animated, the position you see them in is about four fifths through their animation, and I decided it was the coolest position for them. Also included is the first installment of the ship, the ship before wings.
Image
Image

Also, I'm remaking the Papal Fleet, so here are some pics of the first few ships. They'll get their own thread when the fleet is a decent size, but they're here for now.
[img]http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii19/Bad_Boy321/BSFCE/DefaultZoomRomanusClassCorvette.png[[/img]
The Romanus Class Corvette - All hail the reptilian space pope!

Image
The Benedictus MkI Class Gunship - I don't exactly like it, so I might redo it in the future.

Image
The Benedictus MkII Class Gunship - No default zoom pic, because I don't have one.
Designed as a replacement for the relatively obsolete Benedictus MkI (in fluff, I'm not actually replacing the other one with this one, they're two separate ships). I prefer it to the other Benedictus in both looks and armament, plus it's better.

Image
The Evaristus Class Bombardment Frigate - It ain't too pretty (and by that I mean that if it's too ugly I'll redesign it), but it fires a shitload of torpedoes which looks awesome.

Image
The Anacletus MkI Class Destroyer - Similar fluff as the Benedictus MkI, that is, it's a fairly solid ship but it's outdated and being replaced, etc. I rather like it, in my opinion it's quite nice, but also fairly generic looking.

Image
No default zoom pic, because I don't have one.
The Anacletus MkII Class Destroyer - The Benedictus MkII for the Anacletus. Somehow I never ended up putting this up, so here it is now, god knows how many months later.


Image
The Damasus Class Battleship - I rather like this one, and it causes me to love torpedos.


A papal ship I never finished, I think it was going to be a battleship or a dreadnought or something. I never really liked the final version, and kept trying to fix it, which is why it was never finished.
Image



That's everything so far, this post and thread will be updated, comments and criticism welcome.

_________________
My Random Very Old Ships, Fleets, and Links to Other Ships and Fleets
My (Not Particularly) New Ships
My New Encounters - C&C Wanted


Last edited by Bad Boy on Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:27 am, edited 8 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:37 am 
Offline
Commander
Commander
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:59 am
Posts: 214
Location: Canada
Let me begin by informing you that I have a talent for severe understatement.

The first ship is kinda dark.

The last fleet is repetitive.

That is all. :lol:

_________________
Image


Last edited by Lord-General Thunder on Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:54 am 
Offline
Commodore
Commodore
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:49 am
Posts: 583
Location: The Fields of Justice
Image

Hey kids! Can you find the 12 Neverborns hidden in this picture?

_________________
The walls have eyes: the shadows we throw are the shadows we try to throw off.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:59 am 
Offline
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:34 am
Posts: 1270
Location: Halifax, Canada
@Lord-General Thunder:Thank you, I've now fixed the main post with this line, "Oh yes, please don't bug me about the fact that this fleet is essentially comprised of one section repeated over and over, because I know this." So you should be the only person to complain about it (hopefully). Also, when you say the second fleet, I assume you mean the third, because there's one in between that's neither too dark nor too repetitive.

@Aidan: lol

_________________
My Random Very Old Ships, Fleets, and Links to Other Ships and Fleets
My (Not Particularly) New Ships
My New Encounters - C&C Wanted


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:02 pm 
Offline
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:31 pm
Posts: 1372
Location: Sunny California
Neverborn, accurately described by the talents of Bill Watterson:

Image

Beyond the obvious issues of looking like it has measles with all the gray circular weapons, and the darkness altogether, the shape is actually pretty nice. It looks beastly, kinda similar to Tal's latest. Unfortunately, it still ends up looking like a bunch of parts stuck together. That effect needs to be negated. The others are generally less than spectacular, but for the most part better than the purple thing. I think we all remember that raving success.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:37 pm 
Offline
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:34 am
Posts: 1270
Location: Halifax, Canada
Due to popular demand, I'm fixing the neverborn action shots. Please note that it is supposed to look like a silhouette, and you shouldn't be able to see the internal structure too well unless your brightness is turned way up, however, if it all you can see is black on black, then please tell me so I can lighten the ship colours a wee bit.

_________________
My Random Very Old Ships, Fleets, and Links to Other Ships and Fleets
My (Not Particularly) New Ships
My New Encounters - C&C Wanted


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:07 pm 
Offline
Captain
Captain

Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:23 pm
Posts: 302
Yeah, it's aesthetics are crap, utter crap, the other ships are repetitive, or use a fucking ugly 'gold' color scheme.

Oh, and don't get me started on those utterly hideous railgun ships.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:47 pm 
Offline
Captain
Captain

Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:29 am
Posts: 497
Whatever happened to the Satanist fleet? That fleet was the best of all you've done, by far. Like, a few light years far.

_________________
Metagame 2.0 calculator: http://bsf_meta2_calculator.byethost17.com/index.php
Curvy Alien Fleet: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=4959
Thrusallanian Naval Database: Patrol Craft to Behemoth, support ships, stations, warp gates, everything.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2791&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Fleets of the Five States, get it here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1929


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:10 pm 
Offline
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:34 am
Posts: 1270
Location: Halifax, Canada
Water_and_Wind wrote:
Whatever happened to the Satanist fleet? That fleet was the best of all you've done, by far. Like, a few light years far.
Really? Do you think I should continue them?

_________________
My Random Very Old Ships, Fleets, and Links to Other Ships and Fleets
My (Not Particularly) New Ships
My New Encounters - C&C Wanted


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:49 pm 
Offline
Captain
Captain

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:41 pm
Posts: 352
Definitely agree with Water and Win. Them Satanists are indeed the best of all your ships. If you're still into ship building, continue in the same vein and you'll do well me thinks.

_________________
Terran Republic

HW2 Hiigaran Navy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:05 pm 
Offline
Commander
Commander
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:59 am
Posts: 214
Location: Canada
Bad Boy wrote:
Also, when you say the second fleet, I assume you mean the third, because there's one in between that's neither too dark nor too repetitive.


Whoops. Yeah, that's what I meant.

Also, when I said the first fleet is kinda dark, I was actually referring to the first ship.

For some bizarre reason I thought they were related.

Must've been a late one. >_<

_________________
Image


Last edited by Lord-General Thunder on Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:07 am 
Offline
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:34 am
Posts: 1270
Location: Halifax, Canada
Wicky_42 wrote:
Definitely agree with Water and Win. Them Satanists are indeed the best of all your ships. If you're still into ship building, continue in the same vein and you'll do well me thinks.
I suppose I may resurrect them sometime, but the truth is that I haven't really felt like building any ships for a few weeks now (everything here is at least a month old), and I probably won't build much until BSF2 comes out.

Empty wrote:
Yeah, it's aesthetics are crap, utter crap
Are you talking about the Neverborn?

Empty wrote:
the other ships are repetitive
I assume you're talking about the Aziraphalie fleet, and if you are,
Bad Boy wrote:
Oh yes, please don't bug me about the fact that this fleet is essentially comprised of one section repeated over and over, because I know this
learn to read.

Chaos Theory wrote:
Beyond the obvious issues of looking like it has measles with all the gray circular weapons, and the darkness altogether, the shape is actually pretty nice. It looks beastly, kinda similar to Tal's latest. Unfortunately, it still ends up looking like a bunch of parts stuck together. That effect needs to be negated.
Thank you for the complimentary part, but what do you mean by "it still ends up looking like a bunch of parts stuck together"? Do you mean the layering and section choices are bad, or something else entirely?

_________________
My Random Very Old Ships, Fleets, and Links to Other Ships and Fleets
My (Not Particularly) New Ships
My New Encounters - C&C Wanted


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:21 am 
Offline
Commodore
Commodore

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:49 am
Posts: 721
Location: "not here" would probably be accurate
Bad Boy wrote:
It's other weapons are various highly modded pulsars designed to provide constant fairly weak fire. I had originally planned to arm it with nothing but pulsars, but then found out that there's not that much one can do with them (that is to say that you can do more with them than with any other gun, but not enough to arm a ship entirely with them and not have all of the weapons looking fairly similar).


Quote:
*snip*
Image


let's agree to disagree on that one, shall we? :D

beyond that, i personally like the feather ships, although they do need work. beyond that i more or less agree with everyone elses comments. i think you have a couple good ideas in here (except for the first and second fleet (not counting the neverborn/gunship) they just feel far to much like more of the same.) but they just need more work on the execution


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:29 am 
Offline
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:34 am
Posts: 1270
Location: Halifax, Canada
The Neverborn's pulsar weapons include ones that are similar to two of the three weapons there, as well as other ones that aren't. While I could have done more, everything would end up looking much the same if all of the weapons were pulsars.
While you can do much more with a pulsar than with any other weapon, you can't do as much with one as I originally thought, which is why I said what I did.

_________________
My Random Very Old Ships, Fleets, and Links to Other Ships and Fleets
My (Not Particularly) New Ships
My New Encounters - C&C Wanted


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:52 am 
Offline
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:59 pm
Posts: 838
Location: In the Vega star system, monitoring UCM defense movement.
Bad Boy wrote:
The Neverborn's pulsar weapons include ones that are similar to two of the three weapons there, as well as other ones that aren't. While I could have done more, everything would end up looking much the same if all of the weapons were pulsars.
While you can do much more with a pulsar than with any other weapon, you can't do as much with one as I originally thought, which is why I said what I did.

True, I tried making a trickster Pulsar that would fire in a 360 wave without stopping because of no friction, then using negative values, cause the pulsars to converge back to the ship...didn't work. :lol: I thought it would've been a really sweet weapon to use.

_________________
The United Commonwealth Military and Spootech Industries joint fleet.
Image

Spootech Industries - The Third Revision, upgrading to the Fourth Revision.

How Spootech Industries came to be as it is now; the history of Spootech Industries ship making.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group