BillyJoeBob's Ships.Strelok Experimental Super Dreadnought

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Post by Water_and_Wind »

Of the ships in the fleet, I like your bigger ships more than the top three. Not a bad colour scheme. The Galaxy does indeed look the best.
Metagame 2.0 calculator: [url]http://bsf_meta2_calculator.byethost17.com/index.php[/url]
Curvy Alien Fleet: viewtopic.php?t=4959
Thrusallanian Naval Database: Patrol Craft to Behemoth, support ships, stations, warp gates, everything.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... sc&start=0
Fleets of the Five States, get it here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1929
bl3d4
Commander
Commander

Post by bl3d4 »

I think that the battleships are a tad bit too small. Also, the usage of Section 11 in the Brick Class looks strange. I think you could place something to cover the back half of the section 11.(I can't show you where cause phtobucket is down.)
We are bits of stellar matter that got cold by accident, bits of a star gone wrong.
- Sir Arthur Eddington
"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense."
-- Chapman Cohen
Billy Joe Bob
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Billy Joe Bob »

I've gone and made my smaller ships...smaller and I've edited the Brick's back.
All I have to do now is fine tune the designs and finish up my carrier.
I now present the pride of my fleet, the Defiance Class Dreadnought.
Comments and Critisisms please.
bl3d4
Commander
Commander

Post by bl3d4 »

The new brick is AWESOME!
(Yay!)
1 question though. Is the battleship and dreadnought armed with some uberbeam weapon in the front? If so, the 'lenses' complement it quite well.
However, the shockbeamer, if modified to have a greater amount oof damage, may result in a beam that has greater width than normal. Therefore, I think you should use a beamer or a megabeamer.

EDIT:
Do we get a download? :D
We are bits of stellar matter that got cold by accident, bits of a star gone wrong.
- Sir Arthur Eddington
"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense."
-- Chapman Cohen
Billy Joe Bob
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Billy Joe Bob »

Final Fleet now with the Furious Class Carrier.
I now present the Z99 Fleet!
Download is a GO! You'll find it in the first page.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Well done, I really like the Defiance, and the Brick looks a lot better now. I must commend you on your progress, your ships went from pretty good but not amazing to really freaking great. The Furious is also quite good but I suggest raising the number of demeters (if they're modded or stacked, ignore this).
Do you plan to make an opposing fleet?
Billy Joe Bob
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Billy Joe Bob »

I've gone and Ninja Edited the Furious and it now has a total of four more Demeter Drone launchers and I forgot to change the deflector color on it. The Fleet is now as it should be.
I may consider making an opposing fleet, one that uses more exotic weapons than blasters and railguns. :wink:
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Wait, so how many demeters does it have now, six or ten (I'm assuming ten, and if that's the case, then that's fine)? Good luck with the opposing fleet.
Billy Joe Bob
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Billy Joe Bob »

Big-New update! The beginnings of my new aggressor fleet. and a little side project I did in my spare time.

I now present the Arkbird from Ace Combat 5.
I acknowledge it has a lot of repetition and I will try and fix that in the future. It is also a Work In Progress and I'm not going to release it for a while. Reference picture... that I didn't look very hard for :roll:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... rkbird.jpg

NOW onto my new fleet, which I have no name for yet. Their design is supposed to be a sleek and deadly(lol) look. They are also more nimble and use more alien weaponry than the big lumpy Z99 Fleet.
I have a problem with the Abuser, I could just not be feeling it with that design of the ship.

Comments, critisizing? I would like to know what to do with the Arkbird. My fleets design will come to me eventually.
bl3d4
Commander
Commander

Post by bl3d4 »

Me likes the Abuser Class cause of what you did with section 1.
Also, you used weasels, which are rarely used. :P
- Sir Arthur Eddington
-- Chapman Cohen
Darksoul
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Darksoul »

im not feeling the arkbird. thers alot of repitition towards the back that dosent make it look as god as it could be. i suggest you fix that. your other ships are cool however
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

I agree 100% with Darksoul. The new fleet is good, but the Arkbird isn't very good.
Billy Joe Bob
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Billy Joe Bob »

I'll fix the Arkbird at the side of my new fleet. I usually get an idea in my head and work on my fleet until I'm out of the free time that I have. I'll see how different sections can make the Arkbird's back look better.
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

Repetition can be at least partially fixed by accenting it. Add patterns over it, or turrets and the like. Real ships have tons of repetition so theres nothing wrong there, just be neat about it.
Billy Joe Bob
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Billy Joe Bob »

So I've finally gotten around to making more ships.
I now present the Masarr!
By chance, my ships are coming out to be balanced against the Z99 Battlegroup! :D
I don't know why I gave them a kinetic missile, it just seemed like they should get one. I suppose thats what happens with my stream of consciousness building.
Comments, and criticisms please.