Spaceship Design Rules v3.16

Discussion for the Next Big Thing, which is purely theoretical.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Re: Spaceship Design Rules v3.16

Post by Arcalane »

HorseMonster has made some adjustments to the specs/performance of missile systems, and has added a point defense weapon.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
HorseMonster
Commander
Commander

Post by HorseMonster »

Doubled the reload time on drone bays, enjoy that you dronespamming buttfuckers.
InsaneCat
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by InsaneCat »

StarRunner-class Frigate
SMscreen041.png
Size: 100
Mass: 10000/10000
Energy: 1850/1850
Section HP: 1350
Speed: 3.21
Acceleration: 0.09
Turning: 1.3

Power Core
1x Heavy

Propulsion
1x Standard
2x Light

Armament
4x High Energy Laser
2x CIWS Gun
StarRunner.shp
(6.11 KiB) Downloaded 403 times
StarRunner.sb4
(6.97 KiB) Downloaded 407 times
"Though I charge through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am driving a house-sized mass of "fuck you."
"HURRR?"
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Civilian power cores should not be used to design military vessels. New restrictions added.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Post by Water_and_Wind »

Really? Real life AWACs are just regular Boeing jetliners with a radar dome added. Well, whatever.
Metagame 2.0 calculator: [url]http://bsf_meta2_calculator.byethost17.com/index.php[/url]
Curvy Alien Fleet: viewtopic.php?t=4959
Thrusallanian Naval Database: Patrol Craft to Behemoth, support ships, stations, warp gates, everything.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... sc&start=0
Fleets of the Five States, get it here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1929
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Water_and_Wind wrote:Really? Real life AWACs are just regular Boeing jetliners with a radar dome added. Well, whatever.
The equipment on a real life AWACS is not a sensor array capable of detecting enemy ships at a distance of multiple astronomical units despite the presence of interstellar weather conditions such as solar wind, planetary magnetic fields (and their associated radiation fields; see the Van Allen belts), local and remote terrain (entire planets, asteroids, etc.) and so on and so forth.

I'm afraid that's not really a fair comparison. Image

Ed: Let me put it this way: We can have these restrictions, or I can be a dick and give military ships with civitech cores a 50/50 chance of having critical power failures before every battle, basically rendering them useless for the fight, or find plenty of other ways to screw you over for trying to do such things.

Their cores don't really put out enough power to properly support sensor systems and engine use anyway.

Case closed.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Slight CIWS adjustment:
+10 Reload
-2 Ammo

Vulcan Cannon shots cannot be targeted any more, but will be hit if an intercept does occur.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Shifter55
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Shifter55 »

Currently Missile Launchers seem to be horrible weapons compared to HMAs in terms of cost effectiveness as seen by their DPS and Peak Damage Output:

Missile Launcher 650m 50e
DPS: 9.13
PDO: 70

Heavy Missile Array 980m 90e
DPS: 22.64
PDO: 240

As you can see you need three MLs to get the same damage as ONE HMA, and for the same mass you can get two HMAs. On top of this the ML competes with Artillery in power and weight, and even though the Arty has less range, it has nearly the same PDO (60) and four times the DPS! It really needs a boost in clip-size and reload to help it compete.
Why limit yourself to being just human?