I'm still here!... mostly.

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

I'm still here!... mostly.

Post by LactoseTolerant »

It went downhill at halfway to completion :|

Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
Da_Dooley
Commander
Commander

Re: I'm still here!... mostly.

Post by Da_Dooley »

DOWNHILL?

YOU CALL THIS DOWNHILL?

This is absolutely amazing.
My only problem with this is that it seems like there should be more at the front.
I'm still alive, motherfuckers.
Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Post by Corporal Jomn »

Ooh, pretty! You sure it went downhill?
A gay as fuck girl and loving it.
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

i know what you mean. it's a good ship, but it hasnn't reached it's potential. the sectionwork is absolutely beautiful, but it looks like the front and the back come from different ships, there's just a slight change i the design. making this into two winships would be awesome
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

It is a nice ship, and there are things you could do to improve it.
The front, the back, and the wings all 'feel' different like they were chopped from different ships.
Also the lights at the front probably should go up then down, would help smooth that animation out and not attract the eye to it specifically.
I also think the centre near the core is a little cluttered. And the back wings off of the thrusters do seem to be missing something... Not sure what though.
Definitely do try splitting it into multiple ships, as three ships could easily be made from this, but at the least try to make the front and back conform more as this is the biggest problem I can see with it.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

vidboi wrote:i know what you mean. it's a good ship, but it hasnn't reached it's potential. the sectionwork is absolutely beautiful, but it looks like the front and the back come from different ships, there's just a slight change i the design. making this into two winships would be awesome
Corporal Jomn wrote:Ooh, pretty! You sure it went downhill?
Silverware wrote:It is a nice ship, and there are things you could do to improve it.
The front, the back, and the wings all 'feel' different like they were chopped from different ships.
Also the lights at the front probably should go up then down, would help smooth that animation out and not attract the eye to it specifically.
I also think the centre near the core is a little cluttered. And the back wings off of the thrusters do seem to be missing something... Not sure what though.
Definitely do try splitting it into multiple ships, as three ships could easily be made from this, but at the least try to make the front and back conform more as this is the biggest problem I can see with it.
Da_Dooley wrote:DOWNHILL?

YOU CALL THIS DOWNHILL?

This is absolutely amazing.
My only problem with this is that it seems like there should be more at the front.
Thanks for the replies, guys! Finally got my modem fixed, so i'm back again, somewhat.

Agreed to the other replies above, the ship definitely could've been spliced into three central ships. I took some of the design elements from the front and side components and made it into this:

Here's the ship file for the first one, feel free to build off of it or do w/e.
http://filesmelt.com/dl/Gunvald.sb4

Ed: Here's the .sb4 for this ship:
http://filesmelt.com/dl/Gunvald_V2.sb4
Last edited by LactoseTolerant on Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

it's nice, but the green missile launchers just don't quite look right =/
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Post by Water_and_Wind »

The green ship is awesome, exquisite sectionwork and looks much more complete than the first ship.
Metagame 2.0 calculator: [url]http://bsf_meta2_calculator.byethost17.com/index.php[/url]
Curvy Alien Fleet: viewtopic.php?t=4959
Thrusallanian Naval Database: Patrol Craft to Behemoth, support ships, stations, warp gates, everything.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... sc&start=0
Fleets of the Five States, get it here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1929
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

Personally, out of everything I've seen from you, that last ship is the best.
There's one simple reason, which is the general shape of it. Most of your ships don't tend to be more than shapeless hunks with pretty glows, but this hull appeals to my aesthetic values.
So uh, keep it up?
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

That green one is a damn sexy ship! As was said, great section work and your usual amazing glows, but the missile launchers stand out. The kae_shn251s might look good with the doodad dots like you did on the previous ship, though I wish the dots on the section were just transparent to allow glow through.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

This new Hulk of Pwn of yours is sweet, I do agree that the green launchers look strange, but the ship wouldnt be complete without the splashes of green at the front.
Only thing missing I can see is an animation for the side pods, to make them come in, and to push them back out.

Very, very good work on that.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Those weapons, make them green, but a pale-er green. Kinda like those glows.
naysayers will be shot