BSF Clock v2: IT LIVES!

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

STARSTRUCK

BSF Clock v2: IT LIVES!

Post by STARSTRUCK »

That's right, I've gone and built one of those fucking hipster nixie tube clocks in BSF. Depressingly, it only works in the shipmaker preview right now, but maybe some day I'll gather the energy to remake it in a less crappy fashion.

Attached to this post are the .sb4 and sprites. If you'd like, you can adapt it or build a ship around it. Go crazy.
Attachments
Nixie Clock.sb4
(8.07 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
SS_Clock.rar
(67.08 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
Last edited by STARSTRUCK on Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Re: SS Technological Demonstration... Clock?

Post by jwa8402 »

Haha that is awesome actually. I'm sure people would help work out the triggers so it actually keeps time. I would so put that as my desktop. Now go make a Rube Goldberg machine.
Orelius
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Orelius »

That is awesome. Made of pure win.
Spoiler!
Atomic Avocado wrote:Think about section spam like this.
Congrats! Youve been promoted to head designer for a car company! Now for your first design are you going to cover the car in tires? In axles? In bumpers? NO! Your going design something that uses the right parts for the right places.
Orelius's Hopefully Decent Ships!
STARSTRUCK

Post by STARSTRUCK »

Well, the fixed version is finally completed. It will run for 60 minutes before looping back to zero... in theory. The exposed skittle bits serve to show off the stacked counter mechanism that powers the clock.

It is at once total perfection and utter chaos in its purest form. It's beautiful. Like a fractal or some shit. Or sleep paralysis. Whatever, I'm done being poetic.

Attached are a "real time" version that runs at 30 frames to a second, and an accelerated version that runs at 2 frames to a second. Technically, if I could be arsed to unfuck the .sb4, I could set any arbitrary length of a second simply by changing the speed of the orange counter. But I couldn't be arsed. So there.
Attachments
Nixie Death Clock.shp
(27.56 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
Nixie Death Clock Accelerated.shp
(27.57 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
Icy
Commander
Commander
Location: THE ARTIC or THE ANTARTIC (or any other cold place...) :D

Re: BSF Clock v2: IT LIVES!

Post by Icy »

dude..... this is awesome, soooo many triggers....

I love how you kept design in mind during its construction.
My favorite pokemon: Swampert, and Articuno
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 3267-4421-2889
Minecraft Name:IcyPwnage
Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Re: BSF Clock v2: IT LIVES!

Post by Water_and_Wind »

I love the idea, but it doesn't seem to work on my machine. All the numbers show up at the same time, resulting in 4 glowing blobs of light.
Metagame 2.0 calculator: [url]http://bsf_meta2_calculator.byethost17.com/index.php[/url]
Curvy Alien Fleet: viewtopic.php?t=4959
Thrusallanian Naval Database: Patrol Craft to Behemoth, support ships, stations, warp gates, everything.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... sc&start=0
Fleets of the Five States, get it here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1929