BSF Ship Remakes

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

STARSTRUCK

Re: BSF Ship Remakes

Post by STARSTRUCK »

Four more ships. Some more will come. I hope to do some of the Nanz ones as well.

Proteus-class Torpedo Frigate
There isn't much to the Proteus if you look past its two deadly plasma charge launchers on oversized fast-traverse mounts. It's a fast but lightly armored ship, best relegated to rear echelon support. In such a role, its ability to destroy close knit units of enemies is well noted.

HP: 200
Speed: 3.50-25
Turning: 1.50
Equipment:
2x Plasma Torpedo Launcher
1x Laser Blaster

Helios-class Point Defense Destroyer
Surprisingly, the Helios' concept was considered completely insane at one point. "A ship that defends other ships? Heresy!" Its effectiveness in close groups with ships such as the Hestia soon inspired the commission of several other vessels similar in concept, such as the Tmolus, Eos and Peitho-class ships. Having a Helios or two around drastically improves the combat durability of any battlegroup.

HP: 300
Speed: 1.70-8
Turning: 0.60
Equipment:
4x Rapid Flak Cannon
1x Laser Blaster
1x Deflector Module

Oenone-class Beam Destroyer
The Oenone is an attacker, through and through. It is light, it is fast, and packing five powerful beam cannons, it brings incredible firepower to the table. It tore through armor like a hot knife through a small child when initially brought to bear by the Navy, and it's still going strong. However, one should always remember that it is not quite the most sturdy of ships. It should be kept out of the line of fire as much as possible. The "Lancet" Precision Beam assists with this somewhat, neutralizing dangerous enemy weapons before they have a chance to fire.

Speed: 2.40-15
Turning: 0.75
Equipment:
5x Beam Cannon
1x Lancet Beam

Oenone Delta
This refit of the Oenone was the prelude to the infamous Sinope-class Fast Destroyer. It is a testbed for the woefully unstable Dieterling Drive, which allows the entire ship to instantly teleport in and out of existence while in combat. Naturally, the Oenone's body was not ready. That is to say, the frame wasn't designed for the stresses involved. Accidents happened. The ship was never brought into full production.

Speed: 2.30-12
Turning: 0.70
Equipment:
4x Shock Beamer
1x Dieterling Device
.Xrate.
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by .Xrate. »

Hey good ships, you make awesome duplicates but the Proteus aren't a Patrol craft?

Can you make a duplicate of the one with pulse guns?(Can't remember the name) I think that its something like Eon.
What can i state here?.......

Go to the TTC (Transcendency Trading Corporation) homepage
Or to the Terran United Nation Homepage

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5442&p=113556#p113556
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5448
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

These are looking pretty good actually. I would even say comparable to the SWA remakes of the stock ships.

I look forward to seeing more.

Oh, and .Xrate., I think you mean Eos, right?
Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Post by Water_and_Wind »

Enyo. Eos is the battleship with the Rorschach, plasma and particle guns. Also looking forward to the Enyo, that veritable siege engine.
Metagame 2.0 calculator: [url]http://bsf_meta2_calculator.byethost17.com/index.php[/url]
Curvy Alien Fleet: viewtopic.php?t=4959
Thrusallanian Naval Database: Patrol Craft to Behemoth, support ships, stations, warp gates, everything.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... sc&start=0
Fleets of the Five States, get it here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1929
.Xrate.
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by .Xrate. »

Enyo! That's it! I really would like to see it in SW sections, also it is my main destroyer i can't start a game without it, its pulse guns are nasty.

Also the Eon (Eon not Enyo) would be good to see too.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5448
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

You mean Eos, the weird thing with an asston of PD guns and the rorschach projector launcher, but hardly any offensive weapons? Eh.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
.Xrate.
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by .Xrate. »

Two errors in the same topic lolz!

Eos that's it. Yeah the Eos almost have no weapons, that's weird. A Battleship made entirely of PD Weapons, at least you'll be free of Demeter Drones and such.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5448
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

The Eos can actually swap its PD guns to offensive mode and kick the crap out of most things.
Sean 'th15' Chan
[img]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6344/bfbanner2vy5.gif[/img]
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

th15 wrote:The Eos can actually swap its PD guns to offensive mode and kick the crap out of most things.
And how many people know about that feature, do you think? :P
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Da_Dooley
Commander
Commander

Post by Da_Dooley »

Arcalane wrote:
th15 wrote:The Eos can actually swap its PD guns to offensive mode and kick the crap out of most things.
And how many people know about that feature, do you think? :P
Well, you can add 1 to the number!

IAC, these are great, Star. I would love to see more.
I'm still alive, motherfuckers.
Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Post by Water_and_Wind »

Heh, one of the recommendations I made on the (dead) BSF wiki was to set half of the particle guns to offensive mode, which will provide nearly the same protection since particle guns tend to fire on the same target, while greatly increasing offensive power. Cuts on the micromanagement.
Metagame 2.0 calculator: [url]http://bsf_meta2_calculator.byethost17.com/index.php[/url]
Curvy Alien Fleet: viewtopic.php?t=4959
Thrusallanian Naval Database: Patrol Craft to Behemoth, support ships, stations, warp gates, everything.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... sc&start=0
Fleets of the Five States, get it here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1929