Fifth BSF Beauty Pageant - RESULTS POSTED

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Re: Fifth Official BSF Beauty Pageant - STARTS NOW

Post by Anna »

Thanks Icy. All fixed.

Okay, uh... so, am I going to be just spamming posts here? Discussion in this thread is okay, by the way, and if you update your submission you should make a post letting me know.

Also, if you're working on a ship and plan to submit it once its done, feel free to post and say so! :) Let's keep the thread active, guys!
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

Alright then heres a sneak peak of what im working on for the Free form category
Attachments
SMscreen00.png

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
STARSTRUCK

Post by STARSTRUCK »

Anna wrote:Also, if you're working on a ship and plan to submit it once its done, feel free to post and say so!
Hi, I'm Commander STARSTRUCK, and this is my favourite thread on the forum!

I'm working on a ship for the Limited Realism category right now, but I've always sucked cocks at using the Kae_shn section pack so it's going to take some time.

I'll try my best to not suck at it. Maybe it'll be good. Maybe it'll be bad. And I still have no idea what to build for the fanships category. Maybe something from Babylon 5.

The pressure is... hyperbaric in here, oh god.

EDIT: Limited Realism entry is done.
Iris-class Beam Cruiser

Far from a mere solution, the Iris carries the be-all and end-all of beam weapons. A fresh ripstar held in place by two specially-designed arms is all it takes to set this vessel above all others of its class. But-- and this may come as a big shock to you, Chairman Volk-- an enourmous amount of energy is required to placate a ripstar, while surprisingly little is required to send it off the hook and into some poor Ardarian captain's freshly painted hull. Fear not, for we at the Cronus Capacitator Company are fully committed to providing all of your energitudinous energy needs.

Moving on. The ship's hollowed-out, skeletal structure allows it move suprisingly quickly on a pair of thrust-vectored engines that military critics have described as "asthmatic" and "severely underpowered". On the flipside, the exposed underwork gives it a radar signature equivalent to that of a small planetoid moving on a particularly offensive trajectory. Nevertheless, trials have shown that when the Iris is around, enemy trade in the area tends to stall for several weeks out of sheer terror. Enemy fleets wait for the large, heavily-armed ship to pack up and leave before before calling it clear. This ass backwards fear factor-based blockading has earned the psychotic Iris-class vessels a firm place within the Balteran Navy's military arsenal.

Armament:
1x Ripstar Beam Projector
2x 256mm Siege Chaingun
2x 124mm Flak Cannon
6x "Rebellion" Anti-Ship Missile Launcher
Note: You know, technically this doesn't break the plagiarism rule. Technically. I built it all by myself. And all links to the old ship it resembles are dead, so...
Attachments
[SS]irisBP_fixed.rar
(74.36 KiB) Downloaded 3738 times
Last edited by STARSTRUCK on Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Icy
Commander
Commander
Location: THE ARTIC or THE ANTARTIC (or any other cold place...) :D

Post by Icy »

Aww, there goes my chance at winning the limited realism category... (btw that was a complement StarStruck)
I love the thrust vectoring!

I also have a ship for the limited stock category, I'll post it in a bit (have to go play a game with my family).
My favorite pokemon: Swampert, and Articuno
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 3267-4421-2889
Minecraft Name:IcyPwnage
guilee186
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by guilee186 »

I sure hope that your parenting's better now (though nothing can go wrong, with that size of sections) or my mind's gonna have to suffer another mind rape :lol:
Congratulations. You're a textbook definition of a troll. -Danny
~Armored Core is to Cosmicbreak like Starcraft II is to World of Warcraft.~
STARSTRUCK

Post by STARSTRUCK »

guilee186 wrote:I sure hope that your parenting's better now (though nothing can go wrong, with that size of sections) or my mind's gonna have to suffer another mind rape :lol:
I didn't know there was a parenting criteria in the beauty pageant. Anna hasn't updated the main post with it, in any case!

You can press the P key to turn the parenting lines off, you know. Unless you don't want to. In which case your mind will have to deal with zig-zag waves everywhere and disco people on the arms, fuck yeah.
Last edited by STARSTRUCK on Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Post by Water_and_Wind »

I would think parenting would fall under playability even though its not explicitly specified.

I'm in, I just need to get used to the shiny sections first.
Metagame 2.0 calculator: [url]http://bsf_meta2_calculator.byethost17.com/index.php[/url]
Curvy Alien Fleet: viewtopic.php?t=4959
Thrusallanian Naval Database: Patrol Craft to Behemoth, support ships, stations, warp gates, everything.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... sc&start=0
Fleets of the Five States, get it here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1929
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

I've gotten a PM from one member telling me they're having trouble posting in the thread for some reason.

If anyone else has trouble posting a reply to this thread, send me a PM. If not, I'll assume this was an isolated freak occurrence.

EDIT: Doogie12, there's still a problem with your submission of the Crawler. Submissions to the Freeform Category require: 1) A .shp and .sb4 2) All the custom sprites used on the ship. 3) All of this things should, preferably, be in a single download, not multiple ones.

And WnW, I'm looking forward to seeing what you submit. :)

Double Edit!

If you have trouble replying to the thread, it's because you accessed the thread via a board you don't have posting privileges on, most likely the Hall of Rules. This is really simple to get around. Just go to any other board you DO have posting privileges on (Like Custom Ships) and access the thread from there, and you should be able to post without any difficulties!
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

i think the problem is caused by accessing the thread from the "hall of rules forum", as normal users aren't allowed to post there. if you access it from any other forums however it's fine
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

I've put this thread back into the custom ships forum and added a new global announcement, that should deal with any posting permissions problem while still having the thread up globally.
Sean 'th15' Chan
[img]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6344/bfbanner2vy5.gif[/img]
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Ok my Crawler is completely fixed. Everything should work as normal. If there is another problem, alert me and watch for a suicide on the news (jk)

...but seriously, everything should work

HOLY S STARSTRUCK!!! thats like a freaking better-in-every-way version of my Serras mixed with Eri's leviathan-holder thing

Seraph, I tweaked the Guardians a bit. Added DC control
AND I fixed that problem too
|
V
Last edited by Doogie12 on Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
naysayers will be shot
Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Post by Water_and_Wind »

Two sprites in the wrong folder but that's about it. *turns on the news*
Custom sprites\Kae_mch-sw\Kae_mechasw17.png
Custom sprites\Kae_mch-sw\Kae_mechasw28.png
Metagame 2.0 calculator: [url]http://bsf_meta2_calculator.byethost17.com/index.php[/url]
Curvy Alien Fleet: viewtopic.php?t=4959
Thrusallanian Naval Database: Patrol Craft to Behemoth, support ships, stations, warp gates, everything.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... sc&start=0
Fleets of the Five States, get it here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1929
Icy
Commander
Commander
Location: THE ARTIC or THE ANTARTIC (or any other cold place...) :D

Post by Icy »

I have my ship for the Limited Stock Category

I will now present the X-210 Loki Beam Destroyer
A X-210 Loki approaching Ghal, a mining planet.
A X-210 Loki approaching Ghal, a mining planet.
Description: (to be added)
A Static Shipmaker Picture of a Loki BD
A Static Shipmaker Picture of a Loki BD
Armament: 2x Modified Scatterbeam turret (3x gun per turret), 1x Gigantic Beam Cannon (static mounted), 2x Florini Defence Guns (8 shot semi inaccurate)
Required Stuff for the X210.zip
No extra sprites, just the shp and sb4 files.
(7.33 KiB) Downloaded 3726 times
Let me know ASAP if this doesn't comply with the Limited Stock Rules.
My favorite pokemon: Swampert, and Articuno
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 3267-4421-2889
Minecraft Name:IcyPwnage
guilee186
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by guilee186 »

Icy, as far as I can see you're in the green. the sections are fine, though I haven't checked the spritepacks yet, so... yeah.
Congratulations. You're a textbook definition of a troll. -Danny
~Armored Core is to Cosmicbreak like Starcraft II is to World of Warcraft.~
batterypowereddragon
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by batterypowereddragon »

I think I'll be entering a ship into the Limited Stock category. Anyone like fire colors?
EDIT:
Am I allowed to enter a limited stock original ship and a limited stock fleet, as long as the ship isn't in the fleet?
Therus Shipyards- TIPMESSCO (Therus based InterPlanetary Military Engineering SpaceShip Construction Organization)