Master Slave Project

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Re: Master Slave Project

Post by Water_and_Wind »

Wow, the shape reminds me of Eri's Vaisravana. A bit more spindly (your ship that is) but just as awesome.

I ask, are you in fact locking him up in your basement and sucking his brain cells through a demonic implement of DOOM? :P
Last edited by Water_and_Wind on Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Metagame 2.0 calculator: [url]http://bsf_meta2_calculator.byethost17.com/index.php[/url]
Curvy Alien Fleet: viewtopic.php?t=4959
Thrusallanian Naval Database: Patrol Craft to Behemoth, support ships, stations, warp gates, everything.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... sc&start=0
Fleets of the Five States, get it here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1929
3D1L<>k
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by 3D1L<>k »

Water_and_Wind wrote:Wow, the shape reminds me of Eri's Vaisravana. A bit more spindly and just as awesome.

I ask, are you in fact locking him up in your basement and sucking his brain cells through a demonic implement of DOOM? :P
Ha! I was gonna say the same thing. Starstruck here is the link if you want to take a look at erierin ship:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4448

Anyways your ships are awesome keep the good work.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

This is a very good ship. Period. It looks good, it's well constructed, the detail is good, etc. I prefer the orange colors over the red ones though, the contrast with those is too large.
Now look me straight in the eye and tell me you're not getting your inspiration from Eri's ships.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Personally, I think the style looks closer to 2500's recent works than Eris, least the ones linked, but of course 2500 could have gotten his inspiration from Eri lol. I really do like the back story on this. Its a bit strained in parts but I think you could do some interesting writing to match some pretty unique ships.
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

:lol: I actually got my inspiration from Starstruck and not Eri.

Anyway, that's a really nice ship. I'm really liking the details. Maybe the compo could be better? 3rds? Idk. It's really good either way.

Few color nitpicks: The purple center in the red version doesn't fit through. The red marks on the first version don't fit either.
AlphaDetisMegas
Captain
Captain

Post by AlphaDetisMegas »

thats definantly Eri styled though its the idea, not the colouring and etc.
VERSUS
Nothing is forever. It can't be. 'Cause everyone changes.
Whether they want to or not, they need to change. Myself... Even you!
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

AlphaDetisMegas wrote:thats definantly Eri styled though its the idea, not the colouring and etc.
Except for how, y'know, Talhydras did the spider/insect-leg style ship ages before Eri ever came up with that concept. :roll:
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
AlphaDetisMegas
Captain
Captain

Post by AlphaDetisMegas »

Anna wrote:
AlphaDetisMegas wrote:thats definantly Eri styled though its the idea, not the colouring and etc.
Except for how, y'know, Talhydras did the spider/insect-leg style ship ages before Eri ever came up with that concept. :roll:
thats before most of the forumer's times, can't say that i didn't know about it, but didn't Tal dissappear a long time ago?

EDIT: Just for the record, in no way what so ever did I want to label STARSTRUCK as a Eri cloner, i just wanted to point out similarities between the two.
Last edited by AlphaDetisMegas on Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing is forever. It can't be. 'Cause everyone changes.
Whether they want to or not, they need to change. Myself... Even you!
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

The Renanimator's second update does look like a sibling to Eri's Vaisravana, but the concept of a multi-armed (and six arms seems to be the magic number) vessel with a split central hull has been done before in BSF and in some sci-fi series from a decade ago. If you ignore the shape of the ship and take a look at the section work, doodading, section choice and features (like the fighter hangars), you'll see that it's STARSTRUCK brand all across.

The comparison of STARSTRUCK's fully fleshed-out ship to a concept drawing for the metagame, and in addition to Seraph pointing out that the shape has been done before long before, is like comparing a whale to a shark because of their fish shape. Too much focus on one aspect is not enough to draw conclusions.

P.S. Just so you know, the Fragarach concept was deliberately based on Tal's multi-armed designed, but with the added features of move-sections and gun drivers to make the arms bear their main guns. I still have the bugger half-made, but it's pointless since the metagame is stalled and EriErin took his BEAAMUUU business elsewhere. So then, if that sucker actually got finished I'd be in STARSTRUCK's position of being a labelled as a 3rd generation Eri clone?
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

To be completely honest coming up with an entirely new ship shape is almost impossible nowadays. Many designs that come on to the forums are simply modifications of old ship shapes, and even if someone did design a completely new ship shape it probably wouldn't look great, or at least wouldn't be appreciated. This ship is brilliant, apart from that red colour which just doesn't agree with my eyes (but its better than the orange). The section usage is excellent and its a good idea to have a ship re animator. The only thing I really don't like is that purple core, other than that awesome work as usual starstruck. :)

Kae edit: Please make proper sentences - use your punctuation and capitalization.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.