Scavengers of the Glorix

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Grasmaaier
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Scavengers of the Glorix

Post by Grasmaaier »

Hey guys, im back, nobody missed me of course...but oh well! here we go again, a personal project this time, tell me what you think!

Mankind has moved into space, we all know the story, they expand and such.

Now,
The Terran Federation is one of the races in space, along with many others, trade, diplomacy and wars have all happened. The galaxy is now divided into four regions, one region is called "Frostal" Frostal is the region with the most life, many wars and races are in there. There's over 17 different races and 4 major empires in this region, but politics wise there are 3 sides, two alliances who are at war, one minor group of friendly, trading merchants.

Glorix is a region full of barren planets, rich in minerals and large amount of systems full of asteroid fields. Many skirmishes and large scale fleet battles are being fought in this place, no empire dares to live in this hostile region of space.

Weexow is a nexus-like region, it contains a large number of wormholes, nebulas and other things that make this region a strategic access point and a big ambush for trading convoys, piracy is high in this area.

Necross is a small region far more dangerous than Glorix, not much is known, but no one returns.

Xzatar is a region with some other races, theres a average amount of systems with life, many important people from the Frostal Region visit this place for enjoyment.

In Glorix, many have encountered a friendly insectoid species, who mostly arrive at old battlefields to salvage the wrecks and use it for themselves, they are true masters of reprocessing.

They're a nomadic race, they have no home, but no mothership either and mostly seen in small groups, some fleets, rumors say they started on a mothership but nothing is verified. As weaponry they are focused on kinetic technology, mostly hurling large to very large slugs with different properties, it seems they have developed different kind of ammo for different opponents, they don't need weapons that much, but some are not friendly againts them.

Their smallest ship is called the Scavenger, as it its the most common ship seen that picks up pieces of wrecks and sends it to a larger ship. It is only armed with a single cannon.

This ship is dubbed the Extractor, its tougher than the Scavenger and is seen to mine materials from specific asteroids, making it more a kind of miner, this unit bites back with two cannons and is immune of being flanked.

This medium sized vessel earned the title of Warrior, it is mostly protecting something or just patrolling around, far more heavily armed with double cannons and a few missile batteries, ships of similar size have problems fighting this heavily armored tank.

Called the Hive, this is the ship most Scavengers return the wrecks to, while being a minor carrier ship it can also fight back really hard, while not heavily armed as a battleship, its sturdy allow it to completely ignore salvos of enemy fire and advance on like its got nothing.

They call this one the Titan, its very similar in function and design as the Hive, only its quite larger and very heavily armed, with very large single and dual cannons it can fire at extreme ranges while still being able to engage smaller ships with its smaller cannons and large amount of missile batteries.
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

Idk. Some parts feel rather cluttered. Some parts are really nice though. I really like your doodading.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

I say turn the contrast down at bit for the colouring. The section usage is a bit cluttered, but it's not that bad. It's a good type of clutter, there's a lot of detail.
HorseMonster
Commander
Commander

Post by HorseMonster »

Are you aware that I adjusted the centering on my detailed weapons very recently?
Bentusi
BANNED
Location: Recon mission in Galaxy NGC-276 "Canmus", sector 4.

Post by Bentusi »

i love that fleet, but needs some frigates and fighters :wink:
I was banned for bandodging.
Grasmaaier
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Grasmaaier »

Starting up a new race (colors will be changed, but look for now)

Thoughts? (its not relative to the scavenger fleet)
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

Good coloring with the light blue and orange. Not crazy saturated either. There's a general spread of clutter, but for some reason, it seems to add on to the complexity of the ships. Well done! The gnr_sw sprites don't stick out like a sore thumb either.

The two prongs on the front of the most recent ship is very well done. The two spikes on the sides conflict with the smoothness of the gnr_sw sprite, but very well done overall.

DL please!
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

On the other hand, I'm not a big fan clutter in the middle. I'm also not sure I like how you change from mecha to gnr sprites from the front to back. Coloring is well done though.
Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Post by Water_and_Wind »

A big improvement from the previous ships I must say. Loving the look, although it is cluttered in the middle.
Metagame 2.0 calculator: [url]http://bsf_meta2_calculator.byethost17.com/index.php[/url]
Curvy Alien Fleet: viewtopic.php?t=4959
Thrusallanian Naval Database: Patrol Craft to Behemoth, support ships, stations, warp gates, everything.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... sc&start=0
Fleets of the Five States, get it here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1929
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

My one problem is the gaps bewteen the nose and the side sections. Fill them up so the space in front forms like a triangle, if you know what I mean.

Personally, I don't think it's cluttered in the middle.
Grasmaaier
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Grasmaaier »

I thought to post some updates.

Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

The first ship has improved, there's more detail on the wings and the shape is a little better.

But the second ship is even better, there's a lot of nice detail to look at and the shape flows really well. The back sections are a bit random but that's okay.