The Holy and the Fallen

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

dyoano
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

The Holy and the Fallen

Post by dyoano »

Hey guys! I've been wanting to make something like this for a while now, and finally got it done! Behold.....

The Holy - 777 HP

What is it? Hmm.... thrusters ON!

Before you criticize me about how much it fails as a pragmatic ship, keep in mind that I made this for the looks and the coolness, not for functionality (although it can hold its own against an enemy fleet, as it has a force field around it and a very powerful weapon). Also, i exaggerated the glow as angels aren't exactly supposed to be sharply defined, but is rather supposed to blind you in an aura of light.

Holy is basically an angelic ship. When under DC mode, Holy will extend its wings and fly toward the enemy at extreme speeds. Hit Space and it will unleash its deadly...

Judgement Day

Image Image

Holy spreading its wings... run!

CC welcome. I'm thinking of making a matching ship with red wings called "Abomination" :P
Last edited by dyoano on Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
dyoano
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by dyoano »

Behold, the bane of mortals...

Fallen - 666 HP

Hit space and let it unfurl its wings, and fall into its...

Final Embrace

Fallen engulfs its prey in its wings. Nobody makes it out. Except of course ... Holy

In the face of Judgement Day, Fallen finally reveals its true self - an ugly, wild, unkept, and erratic monster.

Fallen will envelop and tear apart everything else instantly upon contact

CC welcome. I know that the Fallen looks rough around the edges and a bit "sketchy", but you have no idea how fucking hard and annoying it was to make and fine-tune the megabeam + shockbeamer combo wings. Especially considering that BF runs at an abysmal 3-6 fps when Fallen uses Final Embrace. Besides, IMO it looks quite decent zoomed out, so don't be nit-picky! Oh and I'm still pretty much new to the new BF and SM so I'm still working on glows and the sort - as of now, they're still rather crappy. Oh, and I think imma design two opposing fleets using this theme, with these two as their gods :D
Last edited by dyoano on Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Homer
Commander
Commander

Post by Homer »

GLOWY! im afraid to see abomanation

Randomness aside thats uh one interesting ship interesting idea with those thrusters.
My sig is under attack by commie mods!
bl3d4
Commander
Commander

Post by bl3d4 »

Good effort...though you are likely to get burned....

Could you put up a download?
We are bits of stellar matter that got cold by accident, bits of a star gone wrong.
- Sir Arthur Eddington
"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense."
-- Chapman Cohen
SHAD0Wdump
BANNED

Post by SHAD0Wdump »

Really,this is a somewhat radical concept,at least compared to most of the stuff that appears on wyrdysm,I'm certain the regulars will approach it differently.

I'd really like to know what is so threatening about the wing spread though,you've failed to explain this.
Kanosint
Commander
Commander

Post by Kanosint »

It's indeed very different... It lacks in polish, but it's certainly interesting... Not much else to say, though...
Salute otsam ee nashem dedum -
Zahvietum eekh fsigdah vierney.
Tepierre nichtoh, nee astanoivit,
Pabiedney shark, radnoy straney.
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

The body could use some more definition, the halo(its not visible if it already is)could be a ring shrunken somewhat verticaly, and the thrusters could be modded to turn on faster because frankly the intermediary effect is strange. Very original idea and use, the wings would be interesting when added to a mech. To continue the angel theme though, arms swinging a sword with invisibeam so it cuts on contact?
dyoano
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by dyoano »

It lacks in polish
can you be specific?

i think you're right, the ship looks... idk... incomplete
Slayer0019
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Slayer0019 »

It's certainly shiny.

Though I feel like all those invisible thrusters will get blasted off, and the whole fake aegis is a bit too spready, the ship has no real definition to it other than vaguely triangular. Also, the name Holy feels like its going somewhere. Holy Wrath or Holy Fury maybe, but just Holy falls flat.
Got Steam?
Join the official BSF Steam group today!

[img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z148/JohnDG/sig-1.png[/img]
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

Definitely interesting. Major points for novelty. I can't wait to see more with some refinement. No criticism that hasn't already been mentioned.
Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Post by Water_and_Wind »

Incredible. The wings are truly a work of art as can be done on the BSF engine, especially the Fallen's.
Metagame 2.0 calculator: [url]http://bsf_meta2_calculator.byethost17.com/index.php[/url]
Curvy Alien Fleet: viewtopic.php?t=4959
Thrusallanian Naval Database: Patrol Craft to Behemoth, support ships, stations, warp gates, everything.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... sc&start=0
Fleets of the Five States, get it here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1929
Kanosint
Commander
Commander

Post by Kanosint »

dyoano wrote:
It lacks in polish
can you be specific?

i think you're right, the ship looks... idk... incomplete
Well, it's mostly a ton of small things, really... Detail, overal shape of the body, a few bits of finetuning so the tuning out doesn't look like a Touhou boss attack (though that'd be cool too <<; )
The Evl One, same thing: the body looks a bit cartoonish, monocoloured, underdetailed... Almost like a child's toy... It detracts from these ships, which are otherwise inventive and very clearly show the tons of work put in...

Alternatively, you could translate your posts into Polish. Won't improve your ships, but it does add Polish to 'em.
Salute otsam ee nashem dedum -
Zahvietum eekh fsigdah vierney.
Tepierre nichtoh, nee astanoivit,
Pabiedney shark, radnoy straney.
parameciumkid
Commander
Commander

Post by parameciumkid »

WIN WIN WIN WIN!
I like seeing new and unconventional stuff. In fact, this is so refreshingly and awesomely new and different that were I in charge of it I would declare those both a "Holy Ship".
Pun totally intended.
SHAD0Wdump
BANNED

Post by SHAD0Wdump »

Alright,I'm going all out and admiting these are awesome,if only for the shear unorthodox creativity involved in making them.
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

After seeing your posting of the second ship, I am pretty sure everyone would agree that your execution of these concepts is top notch.

Using only thrusters to create the effect for angel wings, and only beam for the devil wings has worked well. The look you achieved is incredible.

However, I shudder at the thought of the CPU rape from all the overlapping glows and effects. How well do these ships run in sandbox mode?
Realism, seriously? It's a space ship game. Realism was thrown out the window a long time ago.