A new start - Bellcross Federation

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

XxKiraYamatoxX
Captain
Captain

A new start - Bellcross Federation

Post by XxKiraYamatoxX »

I haven't been building ships for quite a while now, but I hope what I picked up last time still stays. If everything goes well, I might join in the MRA roleplay.

Background

Initially formed by the people of Wyrmtech Industries after fleeing Earth due to diplomatic relations, the citizens now settle on numerous cities on the planet of Outreach, a planet granted to them by the VSE. The orbital shipyard previously in Earth's orbit is now stationed in Outreach's orbit, serving as both a shipyard and a dock for trade ships.

The Bellcrossians were essentially normal humans both physically and mentally, although it changed a few months ago after a freighter carrying experimental nanomachines exploded in the atmosphere during reentry due to a heat shield failure. The nanomachines were released into Outreach's atmosphere and began duplicating themselves. Most Bellcrossians now sport a higher level of intelligence and augmented physical strength due to the as yet unknown effect of the nanomachines, which had been intended to be tested in planetary labs.

Ships (Just the new ones, the old ones didn't work out so well)

Argonaut Battlecruiser - 452 Sections

The latest design, this ship uses three main engines, variants of the Photomagnetic Fusion Engine with improved capacitors and rails to improve power output. This battlecruiser was designed with speed and power in mind, and as a result, is almost twice as fast as the older ships. It carries a Longinus Cannon as the main beam weapon. The focused beam can shred any unshielded ship smaller than a cruiser in a few seconds, and is quite accurate.

The prominent side guns are Lance Lasers, which are just normal lasers fired from inside the cannon... with a twist. Movable mirrors installed inside the ball on the tip of the barrel allow the laser to be reflected in any direction within 110 degrees to both sides of the actual trajectory.

Both the Longinus Cannon and the Lance Lasers are based off the same laser focusing system, which has a special ability that releases electromagnetic waves capable of completely negating the effects of projectile-based weaponry in a small area around it.

Weapons loadout:
- 2 Heavy Dark Matter Cannons
- 2 Pollux Superlasers
- 1 Longinus Cannon
- 2 Lance Lasers
- 6 Dark Matter Cannons
- 6 Diffusion Waves
- 2 Particle Bombardment Systems
- 14 Asrock Cannons
- 2 drone decks
- 4 bomb launchers
- 8 V10 Rocket Launchers

Defensive equipment:
- 1 Chaff Dispenser
- 16 flak batteries
- 14 Tri-barelled CIWS guns
- 16 Deflectors
- 1 Anti-Beam Mine Launcher (5 uses only)

Miscellaneous items:
- Tactical Hyperspace Drive
- 3 upgraded Photomagnetic Fusion Thrusters
Last edited by XxKiraYamatoxX on Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1804]Orion Industries Shipyard[/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2155]Wyrmtech Industries Shipyard[/url]
Magick
Captain
Captain

Post by Magick »

:shock:

That's a very EXOTIC looking ship(probably the color scheme, looks like it wouldn't be out of place in the south american jungle ruins.)
What?
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by What? »

It. Burns. My. Eyes....The colours!!! Oh no....My eyes. Try to use a less blistering or bright colour :roll:
Last edited by What? on Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Post by Water_and_Wind »

What? wrote:It. Burns. My. Eyes.
And why would that be, exactly? I'm not too fond of the colour scheme but other than that I think it looks great.
Metagame 2.0 calculator: [url]http://bsf_meta2_calculator.byethost17.com/index.php[/url]
Curvy Alien Fleet: viewtopic.php?t=4959
Thrusallanian Naval Database: Patrol Craft to Behemoth, support ships, stations, warp gates, everything.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... sc&start=0
Fleets of the Five States, get it here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1929
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

I like what you did there with the wings.
The engines ain't bad either...though it does seem familiar...

I like green, but it kinda hurts to stare at it for too long :lol:

As for that being a battlecruiser, just a friendly heads up, its going to lag. Unless, of course, that's your biggest ship, in which case that is somewhat excusable.
Last edited by Droid on Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

What? wrote:It. Burns. My. Eyes.
State why or be quiet.

Kira: I'm sick to death of the green. But the ship is decent. It's too front heavy though and looking a bit scrawny in the back.
Empty
Captain
Captain

Post by Empty »

I don't like how it's got that sleek feel, and then suddenly you have a massive prong covered in spikes, as well as the fact that there are angled pieces, then square pieces then spikes, it really makes your eye jerk around it, the color scheme doesn't add to it either. Just because something is big doesn't mean it is good.

If you killed those retarded prong things, I'd think higher of itk, at the moment I'd give it about a 5/10, I think I'm being generous though.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

The prongs with wings are not retarded.
The fat shovel head is.
Magick
Captain
Captain

Post by Magick »

Droid wrote:The prongs with wings are not retarded.
The fat shovel head is.
Everyone has a right to their own opinion.
I still think it looks good.
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

guys... guys!!! let's compromise. It looks retardedly good (get it? retarded+good=retardadly goo...) sorry...
Anyhoo, there are parts of it that i like.. The spike looks neat, as does the head. and the engines look good too. However, the ship as a whole just flat out doesn't work together. This looks more like a mash up of quite a few good ship beginnings as opposed to an actual ship.
XxKiraYamatoxX
Captain
Captain

Post by XxKiraYamatoxX »

Guess I'll slim the head down.

Any ideas what weapons to put on it?
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1804]Orion Industries Shipyard[/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2155]Wyrmtech Industries Shipyard[/url]
Grenville
Commander
Commander

Post by Grenville »

XxKiraYamatoxX wrote:Guess I'll slim the head down.

Any ideas what weapons to put on it?

The head of the ship looks good, the back just looks small in comparison though. Try beefing up the back before you go and change the front
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

The ship is FAR better than what you used to build. But the colors...naye. NAYE TO THE GOOGOLPLEXTH!
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Empty
Captain
Captain

Post by Empty »

lightstriker wrote:guys... guys!!! let's compromise. It looks retardedly good (get it? retarded+good=retardadly goo...) sorry...
Anyhoo, there are parts of it that i like.. The spike looks neat, as does the head. and the engines look good too. However, the ship as a whole just flat out doesn't work together. This looks more like a mash up of quite a few good ship beginnings as opposed to an actual ship.
This.
Magick
Captain
Captain

Post by Magick »

Empty wrote:
lightstriker wrote:guys... guys!!! let's compromise. It looks retardedly good (get it? retarded+good=retardadly goo...) sorry...
This.
Anna wrote: This.

This a million, billion, trillion times.

This.
:lol:

5$ someone is going to say," I knew somebody was going to do that" eventually in this thread.