MRA; Second Gen on page 21

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Interesting story?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:54 am

Yay!
100%
Nay.
No votes

Total votes: 12

Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

I didn't have much trouble with the Necronomicon actually. I used an Advanced Superlaser Destroyer, EMP Destroyer, Carrier, Air Defense Destroyer, and Heavy Railgun Destroyer. The Railguns and Balmung Array reliably punched through the armor, setting a steady tempo of destruction. The only significant damage my fleet sustained was a direct result of commander error: I ordered my fleet to fly south of the debris field, and the Railgunner crashed into a stray group of debris fragnents before the ADD could clear the field, causing severe damage to the starboard wing and slagging the center engine. Oops.

As for the Nautilus?

I. WANT. THAT. GUN!
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

I shall cut whatever things I have to say short.

Congratulations AD. :D
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Thanks for all the comments, gentlemen.

I didn't realize the Nautilus was already that powerful. I though it'd be weak, actualy, largely through the lack of PD. It might not lack that, though, it's been a while since I've actually looked at it. <_<

Also, DeathsHand; the Necro is OP, currently. I need to tone down the nukes a bit. That's why I only gave the .shp, and not the blueprint. There are, however, no shields around the Dieterling. There are no shields at all on the entire ship, it's just a massive chunk of armour.

Danny; It's pretty simple a weapon, really, I ripped it off Anna's Balmung cannon. Invisible megabeams, twelve, I think, set into a curved array. The placement follows the driver sprite nicely.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

ArcaneDude wrote:Danny; It's pretty simple a weapon, really, I ripped it off Anna's Balmung cannon. Invisible megabeams, twelve, I think, set into a curved array. The placement follows the driver sprite nicely.
Oh, you did that too? :lol:
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Danny420Dale wrote:
ArcaneDude wrote:Danny; It's pretty simple a weapon, really, I ripped it off Anna's Balmung cannon. Invisible megabeams, twelve, I think, set into a curved array. The placement follows the driver sprite nicely.
Is it exactly the same? o.o
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
DeathsHand
Captain
Captain

Post by DeathsHand »

ArcaneDude wrote: Also, DeathsHand; the Necro is OP, currently. I need to tone down the nukes a bit. That's why I only gave the .shp, and not the blueprint. There are, however, no shields around the Dieterling. There are no shields at all on the entire ship, it's just a massive chunk of armour.
Hmm, perhaps my lancets were glitching or something. When they hit certain areas, they acted as if they were stuck between two shielded plates and "flailed" around a bit before exiting in some random direction...

Ah, whatever. Awesome fleet(s) are/is awesome :D
S͜͟t̷̀̀͟i̷͢ļ̸̕͞l̸̶͞ ̷̢͘͟l̡͟͝u̴̵̸͜͢r̴̸̨k͏͟į̨͜n̛g̸͢͝
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Himura.Kenshin wrote:
Danny420Dale wrote:
Is it exactly the same? o.o
Nope. Q-pulsed. See the Sword of Satan and the Minotaur Advanced Superlaser.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

The Nautilus didnt win through point defense, your right there, but everything I threw at it, including hellbore bolts which usually break even aegis, just managed to damage it. I finally got through it with a super laser and that didnt even destroy it, just lopped off the nose. Not sure why though cuz my weapons were pretty overpowered so maybe some of them were getting intercepted close to the hull
Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Post by Water_and_Wind »

Random thoughts on the MRA:

The imperfect rotational symmetry on the Wormhole network relay and the Jersualem annoy me.

The Entellian Navy HC-Eloquent shows up as an unarmed Aaron R. Bryant.

The rear prongs of the Nautilus look a bit ugly with the section 21 spam, the rest of the ship looks great even with the section 21 spam.

The fighters are really slow, you wanted them to keep pace with the fleet while under AI control?

Now the VSE gets TIE fighters along with their star destroyers!

Nice fleet(s).
Metagame 2.0 calculator: [url]http://bsf_meta2_calculator.byethost17.com/index.php[/url]
Curvy Alien Fleet: viewtopic.php?t=4959
Thrusallanian Naval Database: Patrol Craft to Behemoth, support ships, stations, warp gates, everything.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... sc&start=0
Fleets of the Five States, get it here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1929