Dalvitan Authority Fleet

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

goduranus
Captain
Captain

Post by goduranus »

those are really good ships. can you upload one file that contains all the your ships?

BTW, my normal ships(basic versions of Wilheima, Karl and wolf) are balanced against your ships, maybe we can pit our ships together someday and have some fights.
Siber
Captain
Captain

Post by Siber »

Heh! I bet all those pulse shots and missiles mutually saturate the poor victim's point defense.
Yeah, that's a bit of the idea. Heavy flak could probably still shut 'em down, but beams or particles should be overwhelmed.
Are there any plans to do similar retrofitting jobs on the Fire Eagle chassis?
Retrofitting jobs? I'm not entirely sure what you mean. The rebuilds I've been doing of some of my older ships, or the cut-down versions of larger ships? I'm fairly happy with the Fire Eagle as it is, so both of those seem unlikely.
Never mind DCS might try and salvage some Faladhi wreckage, try and puzzle out a few of their toys.
As alluring as the idea of a Knowledge equipped with a Deiterling is, I'm probably going to stick to my largely module-free fleet. Boosters and nanos are possible, though.
those are really good ships. can you upload one file that contains all the your ships?
Thanks. I'll throw together a rar real quick.

Done

My first post does and will contain links to each ship's individual post, too.
BTW, my normal ships(basic versions of Wilheima, Karl and wolf) are balanced against your ships, maybe we can pit our ships together someday and have some fights.
It doesn't look like your ships are rated by point cost, as mine are. It's a pretty key component to how I balance things. Without it, setting up fair fights with your ships would be fairly tricky, I think.
seriously Anna. seriously oh my gawd seriously.

Author of DAF and Sillyness
Co-founder Homeworld:@
warhammer651
Commander
Commander
Location: i'll giv you a hint. it's somewhere in the vicinity of the third planet from the sun

Post by warhammer651 »

brain overload

to much info for me in first post, but nice to see that you put a lot of thought into it
if everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.......idiot.
Mjolnir
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mjolnir »

warhammer651 wrote:
Dude, cut the size of you avatar. Its so huge its warping the forum.
[img]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8666/cylonbasestareyevq0.gif[/img]

Mjolnir, Hammer of Thor. Id like to see you try to kill me, and why would you want to take my stuff, its all crap anyway.
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

(your avatar is too)

Anyhow, I'm surprised I haven't posted in here yet. I love the backstory. Continue expanding on it and I'll approve even more.
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
Mjolnir
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mjolnir »

Aralonia wrote:(your avatar is too)

Anyhow, I'm surprised I haven't posted in here yet. I love the backstory. Continue expanding on it and I'll approve even more.
But mine is only a tiny bit to big.... His is enormous.
[img]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8666/cylonbasestareyevq0.gif[/img]

Mjolnir, Hammer of Thor. Id like to see you try to kill me, and why would you want to take my stuff, its all crap anyway.
Wilbky
Captain
Captain

Post by Wilbky »

Just make your image a bit smaller :P
[img]http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/7827/ouranhostclubuserbarba9.png[/img]
[img]http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/1041/waffleuserbaroq0.png[/img]
Siber
Captain
Captain

Post by Siber »

goduranus wrote:BTW, my normal ships(basic versions of Wilheima, Karl and wolf) are balanced against your ships, maybe we can pit our ships together someday and have some fights.
Tried it. The Wilheima tears up the Knowledge, and anything smaller, even if I'm playing the Dalvitans. The Karl seems decently balanced against the Unbroken, though I only ran one test. If the AI was playing the Unbroken, or the AI range on the Karl was shorter, I think it'd have been quite different. The Wolf is just insane for a destroyer. Four flak stop a Fire Eagle dead in it's tracks, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

The destroyer is quite overarmed for it's size, all the ships are exceptionally nimble for their class, and the larger have enough deflectors and narrow enough cross section to cover themselves completely and keep the nose pointed right at the enemy, meaning you can only hurt them when the deflectors drop momentarily.

If you assigned them proper point values, your ships might be balanced to mine, but I just matched cruiser to cruiser, destroyer to destroyer, and battleship to battleship, as I had little else to go on. And working that way, they are not balanced.

Siber
Captain
Captain

Post by Siber »

SDX-A 003 Superdreadnought

At the peak of their prominence, DCS Shipyards began investigation into new ships, even larger than the Knowledge dreadnought. One such craft, carrying the internal designation SDX-A 003, appeared to be a promising design.

Built off of the success of the Knowledge, the 20 beamer core array was positioned so that no angle was left uncovered by at least 5 weapons, and most could be struck by 10 beamers, making the ship stronger even from behind than the Knowledge in long range combat. Pulse guns, lasers, and gatling blasters, and an unprecedentedly comprehensive armor coverage rounded out what was to be the most capable, and expensive, ship in the Dalvitan fleet.

The plans had been bid on by the Dalvitan Authority, publicized, and the ship was even included in a popular video game before it was discovered that an error in the definition of certain materials used in the ship had thrown off simulations, and that the actual craft would tear itself apart the moment it fired more than a quarter of it's weapons or attempted to maneuver.

Some credit this colossal misstep with creating the opportunity for Calsta's return to favor. Never the less, the SDX-A 003 is a popular ship in Dalvitan entertainment products, and its cancellation the subject of many conspiracy theories.

Schematics of the SDX-A 003

Notes: This ship was made for fun by me, in the Dalvitan style, but is not balanced and is not fielded by their fleet. While most of my ships are meticulously detailed with HP by section and put through several rounds of balancing tests, this is not.

_Ti__
Commander
Commander

Post by _Ti__ »

another beautiful ship, and very creative backstory
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2315][b]ENEBRA COLONIAL NAVY[/b][/url]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v60/_Ti__/ECNsig.jpg[/img]
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

I love the Dreadnought, your good at making Dreadnoughts.

Join me, JOIN ME AND TOGETHER WE WILL MAKE THE MOST POWERFUL WARSHIP TO EVER GRACE THE GALAXY! MUAHAHAHAHA! :twisted:
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

Your ships are very aesthically pleasing, good work. Nice color scheme.

@Lizzie: "Boba, I am your mothership!"? :D
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
goduranus
Captain
Captain

Post by goduranus »

Tried it.
err, didn't see that you don't use deflectors.

Edit: Got carrier yet?
Last edited by goduranus on Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boba Fettuccini
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Boba Fettuccini »

ChaosTheory wrote: @Lizzie: "Boba, I am your mothership!"? :D
...In reference to my earlier ripoff of her WCW design?
[center][url]www.boba-fettuccini.com[/url][/center]
goduranus
Captain
Captain

Post by goduranus »

New Eden Grunder Liquid Metals submits its design proposal for a future Dalvitan Carrier:

Inspiration Class Carrier

Artist's conception of Inspiration Class carrier on patrol

schematics with parenting lines

Download:

Download Inspiration class carrier

Well? you like it?

Edit: I moved the clawed front armor back a bit after I took the pictures.