About ship deployer

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

alive916
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

About ship deployer

Post by alive916 »

Module ship deployer sometimes failed to deploy ships by AI ships. Although it does not break the game but the AI stops deploying ships. (Yes I am talking about Trwin.)
How to ensure that it won't happen? Is there some machanics that ship deployer fails or success?
calvin1211
Commodore
Commodore

Re: About ship deployer

Post by calvin1211 »

I don't think the AI supports the ship deployer.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: About ship deployer

Post by Bad Boy »

Yes. It does.

It's been a long, long time since I've really made ships and such, so my memory might be a bit faulty, but I can think of three possible reasons for your problem.
1) You didn't set the ship deployer range high enough. The ai only uses it when the enemy is in its range, so set the range to a large number and make sure to turn on ai control or set the ai range to high enough that the ai knows there's an enemy there (note that the ai only uses the deployers when they think there's an enemy).
2) You messed up the energy. The energy cost has to be at least 1 less than the total energy. I don't know why, but it doesn't work if it's the same. However, if this were the case, you would be unable to spawn ships, so it's probably not this.
3) You tried to spawn a ship while the ship (via F2 or other menu spawners, not a ship deployer) while the deployer was doing the same. It breaks it, but unless I'm mistaken it causes an error.
Basically, check those three and, if they don't work, upload the ship and/or error log.