Shipmaking Q&A

Got questions about Shipmaker? Get answers here. Please read the stickied topics first!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Zoid Crusader
One-Ban Limit

Post by Zoid Crusader »

What happened to pacman? im serious though where is he now? you know that laser that looked like pacman?

EDIT

question 2 out of no where my sprites are becoming the ? sprite when i put them in why is this happening? the sprites worked fine before please help
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

Maybe if you actually took a few more seconds to form coherent sentences, people may actually be able to figure out what the fuck you're talking about. Bad grammar, or in your case, no grammar, makes everyone think you're an idiot. Now you have to double the time you've spent by making a clarifying post. If you had done it right your first try, you probably would have saved yourself time. Good job, dumbass.
Hieda no Akyu
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Hieda no Akyu »

Zoid Crusader wrote:Out of nowhere my sprites are becoming a '?' sprite, when I add them. Why is this happening? They worked fine before. Please help!
Do you still have the sprites in the same folder they were in? Do they even still exist?

Also, grammar fix. :|
Zoid Crusader
One-Ban Limit

Post by Zoid Crusader »

I was wondering what happened to the pacman laser. Like maybe months or maybe even years ago people where modifying laser beams and making them look better.

And Akyu What do you mean? I put the sprites into the battleships forever folder but when i import them they are replaced by the "?" sprite here is the error message:

ERROR in
action number 1
of Other Event: User Defined 0
for object gui_tools:

Missing sprite!

Custom sprites\es\Battleships Forever\AD_Fr011.png

Press ignore to replace with '?' sprite, or abort to terminate Shipmaker.
aceship
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by aceship »

Can someone explain EriErin's Fin Fannel?
@EriErin : Can I Use your FinFannel
Im bad In english but Im good in indonesian
Because IAM is Indonesian
Ha3
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

I don't know if this is a bug, or if I'm doing something wrong, but no matter what I do, weapon shooting and not shooting triggers are failing.
I noticed this while trying to arm my steampunk ship, and created another ship to test it. They're both inside the rar. In both cases, weapons that start not shooting won't shoot, then when triggered to, they will, however, they won't stop shooting when they should.
Here's the download for the ships, any help would be appreciated.

Sorry for doing this, but I'd love an answer, and I've waited for about a week so...
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Zoid Crusader, what the hell is up with that file address? Ok, you shouldn't put sprites in the general folder, they should really be where the creator of the pack said to put them, ie: custom sprites/ad/forunner/AD_FR011.
If everyone puts them different places, noones ships will work, or we will all have three different copies of the same sprites. So the answer to your problem is that some sprite or more likely folder has probably gotten renamed or moved . Could be wrong but thats what happened for me.

The pacman laser, as far as I know, was just a amusing modification of a beam weapon made by Chaos Theory and antisocialmunky.
Heres the old link
MasonDonn
Ensign
Ensign

Post by MasonDonn »

Hey, everybody, I just discovered the wonder that is BSF a few days ago, and I was trying to make a few ships of my own. Ive read through the guides, but I cannot, for the life of me, change the depth of the main section you start with. Is it even possible? Thanks in advance.
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

MasonDonn wrote:Hey, everybody, I just discovered the wonder that is BSF a few days ago, and I was trying to make a few ships of my own. Ive read through the guides, but I cannot, for the life of me, change the depth of the main section you start with. Is it even possible? Thanks in advance.
Changing the depth of the Core?

Short answer: No. Long answer: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
MasonDonn
Ensign
Ensign

Post by MasonDonn »

Thanks for the quick response. Sucks, but I think I'll be able to manage.

Also, Zero Punctuation reference ftw?
Ixranin
Captain
Captain

Post by Ixranin »

You could make the illusion of the core being on top though. Attach a section to the core, and set it to the depth that you want the core to appear at. Then go to the "Stock Misc" folder and drag the matching core sprite into shipmaker and set it as a doodad.

You could shrink the section to 0 if you don't want it in the way too.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/IxraninEL/Screenies/AsiSig1.gif[/img]
Boarthephoenix
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Boarthephoenix »

Hello, I was wondering if there is a nice idiot proof guide to making rotating turrets? I have been using Mako's Guide to Triggers and so far so good, just a bit confused on the making of turrets. Thanks for any help.
firevikin125
Commander
Commander

Post by firevikin125 »

Is it possable to change the size of the core?
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

Use the I and K buttons just like any other section.
Ne me forcez pas à arracher votre gorge, s'il vous plaît.
~~~~~
[b]ZOMG NINJA SARCASM[/b] :shock:
~~~~~
[quote="Arcalane"]If anyone says "y'all" again I'm going to string them up and put their head on a pike.[/quote]
nu-ker
Ensign
Ensign

Post by nu-ker »

Hi I would like someone to link me to a topic on making custom sprites if there is one because i can't find one.

If there isnt such a topic can i plz have info on what program i can use (i know some have been mentioned) i would like to know that can any program that can make gif and png etc will do or is it only certain programs (i would like freeware if possble) and maybe a few tutorials.

Also on the subject of tutorial maybe have a few tutorial videos on youtube etc, just a idea.

Thanks