Coop RTS games

For everything else. Video games, music, movies, sports, you name it.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

MelvinVm
BANNED

Coop RTS games

Post by MelvinVm »

Most know it from FPS games, doing missions or even a campaign together.

I've tried it in some RTS games, it's fun with warcraft 3, starcraft and red alert 2, but do you guys know any other one?
List them here.
Slayer0019
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Slayer0019 »

Halo Wars has a coop system that surprised me in how well it worked. It didn't make the game too easy either, because rather than giving 2 bases, it split control of one.

That's all that comes to mind.
Got Steam?
Join the official BSF Steam group today!

[img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z148/JohnDG/sig-1.png[/img]
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Red Alert 3.
DeathsHands
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by DeathsHands »

Ground Control 2 has it. But it makes things somewhat complicated because it splits the units and AP points.
[img]http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/7478/pinned1cz5.jpg[/img]
warhammer651
Commander
Commander
Location: i'll giv you a hint. it's somewhere in the vicinity of the third planet from the sun

Post by warhammer651 »

halo wars is your best bet, i luv the co op. on a related note, anyone know an RTS with very little base building?
if everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.......idiot.
SHAD0Wdump
BANNED

Post by SHAD0Wdump »

warhammer651 wrote:halo wars is your best bet, i luv the co op. on a related note, anyone know an RTS with very little base building?
Consider DOW(Warhammer 40k:Dawn Of War) 2.
Elvin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Elvin »

warhammer651 wrote:halo wars is your best bet, i luv the co op. on a related note, anyone know an RTS with very little base building?
Company of Heroes doesn't have much either.
Verminator
Captain
Captain

Post by Verminator »

Ground Control 2 doesn't have any.
I have to kill fast and bullets are [i]too slow.[/i]
Slayer0019
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Slayer0019 »

EndWar has no base building, and a unique voice command system on top of that. However, having only mastered the demo, I know nothing of how online coop works, if at all. The other downside is that after you get into the game, you'll have a lot of fun with voice command, and then you'll turn around and find everyone staring at you for yelling at your TV.
Got Steam?
Join the official BSF Steam group today!

[img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z148/JohnDG/sig-1.png[/img]
Kanosint
Commander
Commander

Post by Kanosint »

If you don't mind obscure; older gems... Try Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising... A lovely RTS where you control but a single carrier... Lots of story... No co-op (or other multiplay for that matter) but definetely good if you don't want base building but enjoy tactical combat that's actually tactical XD
Salute otsam ee nashem dedum -
Zahvietum eekh fsigdah vierney.
Tepierre nichtoh, nee astanoivit,
Pabiedney shark, radnoy straney.
M123
Captain
Captain

Post by M123 »

Kanosint wrote:If you don't mind obscure; older gems... Try Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising... A lovely RTS where you control but a single carrier... Lots of story... No co-op (or other multiplay for that matter) but definetely good if you don't want base building but enjoy tactical combat that's actually tactical XD
That game is awesome. Direct control FTW!
It still looks and sounds very good, and the gameplay is quite unique.

Another game with no base building is World in Conflict. I haven't tried the multiplayer yet, but it seems to support co-op.
maarten
BANNED

Post by maarten »

I would say;
Soldiers heroes of world war 2
Faces of War
Men of war(sequel to FoW)

All Co-op (I think.) and all the missions are available in FoW.
The games are heavy on your pc, especially if you try to blow half of the map up. They have direct control over every single unit. And they run on a physics engine, which gives some realistic battles.
Another warning: these games are hard, expect enemies to blow up the tracks of your tank first so you can't move.

BTW I play FoW and am interested in any form of Multyplayer games.
M123
Captain
Captain

Post by M123 »

maarten wrote:I would say;
Soldiers heroes of world war 2
Faces of War
Men of war(sequel to FoW)
I've got Faces of War, and a demo of Men of War, but I haven't actually played S:HoWW2. I can definitely say that the latter two are awesome, though.
The weapon physics combined with the direct control mode are quite fun. I once took out a group of enemies in FoW by carefully aiming a HE shell so that it would deflect off of a wrecked tank near the ruin they were using for cover. :lol:
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

M123 wrote:Another game with no base building is World in Conflict. I haven't tried the multiplayer yet, but it seems to support co-op.
God yes, that game is amazing. can't believe i forgot to add it here myself... By far the best multiplayer strategy/tactical game out there. Never had so much fun playing a random public match with random people. And single player campaign is awesome, too.

In fact, its so good that i didnt even buy it. Just whored the crap out of beta when it was running and then demo when it was still new. Why? Because im painfully aware that i would spend entire days on playing it, not doing anything else for months, not able to restrain myself, and i can't afford that :(
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

Star Trek Armada II: Fleet Ops.

Fleet Operations is a total conversion mod for Star Trek Armada two, it brings the graphics up to epic levels, (you can form alliances, not sure if that counts as co-op, I think it does but, meh) and the best bit: All the factions are now unique, rather than the ships being basically the same with just different models. For example: The federation can build shipyards, and only needs one to build ships, whereas the borg use a constructor vessel to create a one-time node, which is then used to build a ship.

I could go on and on, but I haven't time. -.- But, if you have star trek armada II, and want to reinvigorate it with new (and awesome) life, give fleet ops a go.

Linky: http://www.fleetops.net/home.html
Not enough Delta in your life? Have a look at https://twitter.com/Deltabacon1 - I do a fair amount of casting and esports analysis which may appeal to some of you who are that way inclined!