Red Alert 3

For everything else. Video games, music, movies, sports, you name it.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Red Alert 3

Post by T-002 »

Yeah, you heard me. Red Alert 3. See for yourself.

You see that big zeppelin? That's a Kirov Airship. Kirov Airships = ouch. You know how long it's been since I've even seen one of those?!

Anyway, it's still like it was back in part 2. Massive un-Cold War, Soviets trying to kick the Americans' asses, and vice versa. Apparently, a third faction is kicking in now too, the 'Empire of the Rising Sun' (Japan, for you slowpokes). It looks like a modified Generals engine,, but who cares? Ít's Red Alert, for crying out loud.

Also, a video. (Don't mind the commercial in the start)

Discuss. For one, I'm very sad about the lack of Frank Klepacki's music.
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Frankly it looks a lot like starcraft, the new engine I mean. But I'll give it a demo run when the demo comes out, I'll hold my "Try and buy" opinion till then.
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

Why must they kill everything I love, and keep shitting on its grave?
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

The engine's not new, it's the same engine since renegade, the Sage engine. A list of other games using the Sage engine are: Renegade, Generals and Zero Hour, Battle For Middle Earth, B.M.F.E. 2 and Rise of the Witch King, C&C3 and C&C3 Kane's Wrath, and now, Red Alert 3. Well done EA, you used the same fucking engine for 6 games. Sure it's a good engine in that it's fun, but still.
Kazuael
Captain
Captain

Post by Kazuael »

EA can go die in a fire. They killed Westwood and have destroyed the C&C name, first with Generals, and then with the amazing cop out that is C&C 3 and its expansion.

It's like they replaced Westwood's original dev team with the same idiots that make their sports games. They're just using the success of the original games to trick loyal fans into buying shittier and shittier games, because we're all hoping "Well, maybe the next one will be better. Maybe they'll get it right this time." There's no more creativity or originality anymore, it's just a bunch of rehashed crap that doesn't go anywhere, especially with them pulling all that subfaction BS.

Anyway, I have practically no faith that Red Alert 3 will be anywhere near up to the quality that RA2 was.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

I'll give them this, they realized that they fucked up when they bought out as many creative companies as possible, and they're trying to be a bit creative. Also, while I detest EA, you have to say that their games, while not being creative, are quite fun.
M123
Captain
Captain

Post by M123 »

Yeah, I reckon pretty much all of the original Westwood games were better than the ones made by EA.
Verminator
Captain
Captain

Post by Verminator »

Two words: Armoured bears.

They are also paratroopers.

That is all the reason I need to buy this game. However, it looks good too, and apparently they're trying to build some depth into it. The new Apocalypse tank has a giant magnet on the front, which it uses to drag enemy units into the massive grinder it so happens to have on the front and crushfuck them to death.
I have to kill fast and bullets are [i]too slow.[/i]
Anarki
BANNED

Post by Anarki »

Verminator wrote:Two words: Armoured bears.

They are also paratroopers.

That is all the reason I need to buy this game. However, it looks good too, and apparently they're trying to build some depth into it. The new Apocalypse tank has a giant magnet on the front, which it uses to drag enemy units into the massive grinder it so happens to have on the front and crushfuck them to death.
What the fuck is this shit, a hybrid between Impossible Creatures, random bullshit, and the inventions of a 7-year-old kid?
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Ya, but the new Apocalypse tanks are butt ugly. They're not long enough and too wide for their length. That being said, at least EA is trying to do original things.
bien4500
Commodore
Commodore

Post by bien4500 »

Tesla Boats? LOLOLOLOLOLOL! Idiots.
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

I know it won't be nearly as good as part 1 or 2 (Yuri, why have you abandoned your comrades?), but still. I think it'll be more or less fun.

Plus, I want my Kirov Airships, so there.
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

T-002 wrote:I know it won't be nearly as good as part 1 or 2 (Yuri, why have you abandoned your comrades?), but still. I think it'll be more or less fun.

Plus, I want my Kirov Airships, so there.
*Nods* I'll try the demo. If it's -Fun- I'll buy it.
Also you all forget something. The fact they run off the sage engine makes for some pretty good modding ability.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Lizzie wrote:The fact they run off the sage engine makes for some pretty good modding ability.
That's true, but still, they should really make or use a new engine. While the sage engine is fun and moddable, it runs like shit compared to newer, better engines (look at generals, after a while, it becomes virtually unplayable).

Despite the fact that I'm bitching about it, I'll probably still buy it, simply because it looks fun, and it looks like they're trying their hardest to be inventive (unlike in C&C3).
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

This video sums up my feeling about EA and C&C. Watch the whole thing.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/337524
The walls have eyes: the shadows we throw are the shadows we try to throw off.