Red Alert 3

For everything else. Video games, music, movies, sports, you name it.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

TrashMan
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TrashMan »

IMHO C&C3 was pretty solid.

Altough I got a feeling Red Alert 3 will suck big time.
[img]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_iswhite.jpg[/img][url=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][b]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/b][/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforever/shipdatabase/uploads/VANavy.rar]VA FLEET[/url]
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

AidanAdv wrote:This video sums up my feeling about EA and C&C. Watch the whole thing.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/337524
I spy Zone51 commenting on that...

Any way, I totally agree with that. Never knew petroglyph were formed from Westwood...
Atrum
Captain
Captain

Post by Atrum »

Eh? The subfactions for CnC3 were done pretty well. It gave players who loved spamming certain types of things more distinction. I liked Steel Talons especially. Adding Grenadiers on their behemoths solved all rokkit problems.
Wicky_42
Captain
Captain

Post by Wicky_42 »

Sage engine was good fun when generals was released, and I'm still playing an awesome generals mod (shockwave, if anyone cares lol), but generals was released incomplete (twice - the expansion was lacking three general LOL) due to EA's money-grabbing scheming. I pretty much despise EA, esp. since I hear that Spore, a game that I had been loooking forward to for a while, will have some shitty 'verify each use, maximum 2x reinstalls' system on it... so i'm what, renting the game or something?

The sage engine's getting old... CnC3 was just a patched version of the same old critter but I hear it is significantly better than Generals' was... but still, they've got enough cashy money to make a new engine - a corp as big as EA should be wowing us with quality, if not creativity then at least technical competence you know? But so far i've only seen a stream of steadily worse fail come trickling out :(

EDIT: ok, now I know this game will fail - console ports are planned, so expect dumbed down game play and controls to allow for the slower responses that joystick players will have. I HATE console rts games, that are always poorly done... at least if they are ported later then the game has a chance, but designed from the start? i doubt it... next they'll be announcing a unit cap LOL
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

I agree with basically everything you just said Wicky. Also, are you sure about that Spore thing, because if it's true, that just made me hate EA a lot more then I used to (which is physically impossible, but I still managed it).
shockwave, if anyone cares lol
Shockwave for t3h w1n!
M123
Captain
Captain

Post by M123 »

Wicky_42 wrote:I pretty much despise EA, esp. since I hear that Spore, a game that I had been loooking forward to for a while, will have some shitty 'verify each use, maximum 2x reinstalls' system on it...
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :cry:
Seriously, if EA screws up Spore, I'm gonna go on a killing spree. :evil:
Or something... Grr...
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Spore's already been fucked up. They made it look may more cartoony and silly than it did in the original, and they removed the transitional water phase between being a microscopic organism and a land-dwelling creature. They also removed the option of making creatures who can fly. It doesn't sound like the game that it used to be anymore, although it may still be interesting.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Kazuael
Captain
Captain

Post by Kazuael »

Yeah, they've kinda lobotomized it, but honestly I was sort of expecting that from EA.
Verminator
Captain
Captain

Post by Verminator »

To be honest, I think that the Spore team's primary goal of creating a creative medium is still pretty much intact. Spore is more about imagination rather than realism, and while I'm still sore over no ocean phase, I can overlook that.

Oh, and the new security program won't be too bad of a problem. EA have cut it back a lot.

Back on topic, gameplay video. It's looking great to me.
I have to kill fast and bullets are [i]too slow.[/i]
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

EA won't stop cutting and hacking away until every game they've gotten their hands on is released as a tiny whisper of its former self.

Budget saving techniques, they say. Frivolous game elements not needed in the final design, quote nameless EA producer Dikuad Cockrider.

Etc.
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

Looks like RA3 won't be coming out for PS3.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vi ... yStation-3
The walls have eyes: the shadows we throw are the shadows we try to throw off.
Kazuael
Captain
Captain

Post by Kazuael »

RTS's were never really a console genre anyway, so I'm not all that surprised.