Beauty Pageant Revival Questions

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

th15
Administrator

Re: Beauty Pageant Revival Questions

Post by th15 »

Well, do lemme know if you need anything on the website that might help.
Sean 'th15' Chan
[img]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6344/bfbanner2vy5.gif[/img]
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Assuming the timing works for me, then I'm down.
I've actually been screwing around with the shiny sections, and while they take getting used to, with practice most people can become competent with them before the BP, so I don't think that's much of an issue for the limited hotness.
The rest of the categories sound great, it'd be interesting to use stock again.
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

I'm certainly interested in participating, judging or building as the need fits.

As for fan ships, I guess it really depends on if they're going to be judged differently from any other ships. If they're going to be evaluated by the exact same standard as other ships then they may as well go in any category. On the other hand, if they're going to be judged for accuracy and whatnot, then they should all be in the same category, whether that's freeform or a fan category.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

I'm in for building of course.

But I don't think you'd have me touch the judging with a fifty foot pole. <_<
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

I doubt I'd have time (or experience for that matter) to judge, but I'd love to see a beauty pageant I can actually participate in.
also fanships should be a seperate category for obvious reasons...
naysayers will be shot
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

th15 wrote:Well, do lemme know if you need anything on the website that might help.
That's a pretty cool offer! Once I've got things started, perhaps like... an announcement regarding the Beauty Pageant and a link to the thread my attract more participants, perhaps? Just an idea, anyway.

Okay, Beauty Pageant is a go. I'll have the official thread up some time in the next few days, once I've worked out all the kinks and got everything sorted out nicely.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Ramoth
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Ramoth »

I would try this out, but after looking at ships built by other people, I don't think I'm even qualified to try. My ships are WAY too abstract, which I know now is boring and dull. :(
Ensign Ramoth, reporting for duty!
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Probably would have been better for you to post in the BP thread itself, since this thread has pretty much outlived its purpose. Anyway, there's plenty of time to submit a ship still, so you've plenty of time to practice shipbuilding and submit something, if you decide you want to. :)
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.