v0.90b Bug Reports - READ FIRST POST

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

AnnihilatorX
Commander
Commander

Post by AnnihilatorX »

Mirroring of aegis does not mirror the alpha settings of the module.

Rotation of doodads with parent section is not consistent in game and in preview mode of SM. Final doodad position is off in the game.
Example sb4:

http://hiyukihome.110mb.com/roland/Gaia.sb4

Notice the red blinkers after the wings have extended in game and in SM. SM preview shows no problem. In game the red blinkers will be off position.
Skull13
Captain
Captain

Post by Skull13 »

It seems that my negative AI ranges are treated as zero for all of my ships, regardless of the number I put there.
This user is a proponent of the whole "Check your **** parenting" idea.

This is a signature. It goes at the end of my post.

Your face is so *adjective* that it *verb*s
D00D!
Commander
Commander

Post by D00D! »

Skull13 wrote:It seems that my negative AI ranges are treated as zero for all of my ships, regardless of the number I put there.

Why would you want to set negative AI ranges? It's illogical to calaulate negative distance from Point A to Point B.
Avatarless and proud of it! And being really crazy and screwing everything conventional!
Currently working on:

The largest transforming mecha EVAR!
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

D00D! wrote: Why would you want to set negative AI ranges? It's illogical to calaulate negative distance from Point A to Point B.
If point A is the enemy ship and point B the position your ship wants to be in, a negative value means your ship wants to be behind the enemy ship.
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~
Skull13
Captain
Captain

Post by Skull13 »

Bingo. Fighters were excellent in .88 with negative AI ranges. Actual dogfights occurred, and now they don't

Very sad.
This user is a proponent of the whole "Check your **** parenting" idea.

This is a signature. It goes at the end of my post.

Your face is so *adjective* that it *verb*s
D00D!
Commander
Commander

Post by D00D! »

Chiiro wrote:
D00D! wrote: Why would you want to set negative AI ranges? It's illogical to calaulate negative distance from Point A to Point B.
If point A is the enemy ship and point B the position your ship wants to be in, a negative value means your ship wants to be behind the enemy ship.
Ahh I see, sorry bud but there's no way for that to work other than the flank AI.

And besides, distance is a scalar value, it doesn't factor in direction so it never can go negative.
Avatarless and proud of it! And being really crazy and screwing everything conventional!
Currently working on:

The largest transforming mecha EVAR!
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

D00D! wrote: Ahh I see, sorry bud but there's no way for that to work other than the flank AI.

And besides, distance is a scalar value, it doesn't factor in direction so it never can go negative.
It used to work just fine for fighter AI's if you coupled it with high max speed and low accel.

Also you could totally get negative distance values if you're thinking in the ways of movement along a set path.
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~
Ixranin
Captain
Captain

Post by Ixranin »

Covered Core v1

See here for details.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/IxraninEL/Screenies/AsiSig1.gif[/img]
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Three things:
1) Do you have any idea what could be causing this?

2) The freezing arrow keys is much more important then it seems. When a ship is saved while the arrows are frozen, it creates a series of errors which seem to be about everything on the ship (only the core spawns). I'll see if I can get you a ship that does this sometime soon.

3) (Not very Important) You may already know this, but thrusterex doesn't seem to mirror properly, it's a pixel off, and, more importantly, it seems to keep losing its custom colour.
Ixranin
Captain
Captain

Post by Ixranin »

The screen isn't centering on the ship in Direct Control Mode.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/IxraninEL/Screenies/AsiSig1.gif[/img]
pwhk
Commander
Commander

Post by pwhk »

Descriptions for new weapons missing in game.
pwhk
Commander
Commander

Post by pwhk »

This ship: http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... Milatu.zip
I have created a rotating section and then mirror it. They rotates perfectly in Shipmaker preview but the mirrored one refuse to rotate in game.
RedWing
Ensign
Ensign

Post by RedWing »

You are not supposed to link drivers to their parents.

Known bugs:
- Trigger, link and driver targets do not mirror or clone

Or are you trying to drive a rotating section?
FIREST0RM000
Captain
Captain

Post by FIREST0RM000 »

there are a number of bugs with the "section under" effect. for starters, when mirrored, both of the sections with the effect have the X/Y scale fields reset to some odd values. I think the number there is multiplied by -1, but too lazy to test. also, when mirroring, the Y offset value keeps its value, but the sign is changed. same deal with section over.
Neroman
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Neroman »

When I press ctrl +z my mouse disappears and doesn't come back till i put in a new object then right click it and delete it.
[img]http://i19.tinypic.com/6ugnpjm.jpg[/img]