BSF 2 suggestion topic.

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

Varrying detail levels on the sections, so the graphics get more/less detailed deppending on zoom/stretching. can be turned off.

Also, someone suggjested an "asteroid core", but what about an "asteroid section", because, say, hypotheticly, someone built a ship using a pair of ateroids as a ship yard, but when the ship was finnished, it was bigger than the gap between the asteroids, and the said asteroids were now built into the ship. baisically, though, the asteroid sections would have more hp naturally than other section, and if their parrents were destroed, they would keep moving for a while in the dirrection they had been moving, but slow down faster than sections, and start rotating like a normal asteroid after it stops moving. also, anything that the asteroid was a parent to would stay attached to the asteroid, so if you cored the above ship, it's wings would still stay together, as they are anchored to the asteroid. It could then act as a station, rotating and firing like any station with an asteroid core. muh hah hah!
Flaming Leaches And Beetles On Rye Toast... my name is an acronym...
Gkug
Commander
Commander

Post by Gkug »

Target Preference for weapons, where say the target preference of a Dementer is modules then when they attack they will target any modules in range, but return to attacking as normal when there are no modules in range.
You are no God to me
You are nothing to me
This is a reckoning
Enjoy this while it lasts
It won't be long before it dies.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

<_Lizzie_> The ability to resurface or turn surfaces on sections completly off. On a per section basis. So I could make whole sections of hull look like soild chunks rather then made out of segments
<_Lizzie_> Hell being able to elimate their outlines would be better too so when they overlay another part of the same color it looks like their merging
<_Lizzie_> If I had those options at my disposal the hades would look a whole lot more like the way I drew it up.
<Siber> I wish there was the ability to define collections of parts as 'metaparts' and place them all at once, loading them from an external file.
A segment I took out of the IRC about some things Siber and I would like to see in BSF2.
Kanosint
Commander
Commander

Post by Kanosint »

Wow, see, that's what I meant as well, Lizzie :3 Good Goddess you are ;3
I hope something like that will be available, retexturing would be grand.

Also, just because it's worth repeating... SCRIPTING in weapons, moving sections if implemented, etc. Especially if I'm going to make a fleet of Zeps, I want the hull to part to unveil turrets when I press a button :3

And if it hasn't been mentioned, in that scripting, some stat modification should be present: think Siege Tank ;3
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

flabort wrote:wordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsthe asteroid sections would have more hp naturally than other sectionwordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswords
Because rock and trace metals are stronger than than the manufacturing capability of space faring nations.

Other than that, I don't like those ideas too much, they'd detract from the game more than add features IMO.
Forgetting internet deadlines since 2003
Pete
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Pete »

What about polygon sections? Basically you would click a special button and them lay out a shape point by point, like in elma or the other games which had this that I can't remember. :)

Them again, that would probably result in a ridiculous number of crappy ships made out of one of those...
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=38337#38337][img]http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb89/Pete1001/DarzBannerSmall.png[/img][/url]
Those are my encounters. Bloody hell, does ANYONE play those things?
Spoot Knight
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: In the Vega star system, monitoring UCM defense movement.

Post by Spoot Knight »

BoVinE wrote:Because rock and trace metals are stronger than than the manufacturing capability of space faring nations.
And a weapon made to cause damage only to shield systems destroys an asteroid the size of a Leviathan cruiser in four shots ala FreeSpace. :roll:

And for preset section groups...I think that would result in heavy temptation that would inadvertingly lead to more repetition on ships than there is now.
The United Commonwealth Military and Spootech Industries joint fleet.
[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l223/SpootKnight/Spootech/av-1.gif[/img]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1854]Spootech Industries - The Third Revision, upgrading to the Fourth Revision.[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2273]How Spootech Industries came to be as it is now; the history of Spootech Industries ship making.[/url]
Pete
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Pete »

An option to make ship slower when going in reverse. It just looks so weird when a ship flies at full speed in the direction directly opposite to its thrusters.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=38337#38337][img]http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb89/Pete1001/DarzBannerSmall.png[/img][/url]
Those are my encounters. Bloody hell, does ANYONE play those things?
Kazuael
Captain
Captain

Post by Kazuael »

It was my understanding that ships already go slower in reverse, as well as strafing. There's some ratio that I swear involved thirds but I can't remember what it was.
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

Yeap, acceleration is scaled according to thrust direction. However, max speed is never capped based on direction. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to carry out strafing attacks.
Sean 'th15' Chan
[img]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6344/bfbanner2vy5.gif[/img]
FIREST0RM000
Captain
Captain

Post by FIREST0RM000 »

Sir yes sir. shutting up now sir.

back on topic:
someone needs to do a BSF tower defense game. imagine it: stop the alien invasion before it reaches the station, unfortunately all we have commander are stationary gun platforms...
"any problem can be solved with a gratuitous enough use of high explosives" Normandy
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

well, because this got chopped off by some idiotic fight...
i wish there was a way to see range circles on ships (perhaps just a line showing max range of a weapon) obviously nearly worthless on some of the larger/ longer range ships, but would make it a bit easier to try and outrange somebody with shorter weapons (ie if you have 200 and they have 180 range)
RavingManiac
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by RavingManiac »

How about Line-of-sight? That might add a significant strategic element to multilayer games. With asteroid fields blocking vision, ships could be hidden in ambush within or behind them. Perhaps large ships could even be able obscure vision to some degree, allowing smaller ships to be hidden behind them.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

A few things, for sandbox/encounter maker. They are:
1)The ability to spawn powerups at specific times and waves (or at all) in encounter maker.
2) The ability to spawn unpassable areas in both encounter maker and sandbox.
3)The ability to insert custom backgrounds into sandbox and encounter maker.
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

The ability to insert menus with choices into encounters (congratulations! you have reached wave six, would you like to spawn ____ or ____ for backup?)
The ability to place impassable barriers in encounters.
The ability to make it that some enemies only start coming to attack you once you're within ____ range.