Shipmaker feature requests

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Insert a section and parent it to a core. Next, whenever you would parent something to a core, parent it to that section insted. When you need to mirror along y axis, group rotate that section by 90 degrees, and mirror.
bien4500
Commodore
Commodore

Post by bien4500 »

More section depthing modes like "place over parent" and "Place on top", also an adaptation of the 'send to top' and 'send to bottom' plus custom depthing for weapons.
Perturabo
Commander
Commander

Post by Perturabo »

A way to import a large number of custom sprites at a single time would be a nice addition (loading all sprites in a folder into a custom group, for example).
When in deadly danger, When beset by doubt, Run in little circles, Wave your arms and shout
LordGarcia
Captain
Captain

Post by LordGarcia »

Perturabo wrote:A way to import a large number of custom sprites at a single time would be a nice addition (loading all sprites in a folder into a custom group, for example).
that can already be done using the group arrange function
Himura.Kenshin said: What kind of pure, absolute [i]retard[/i] would run a bomb by Windows?
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Some people are unable to use drag&drop sprite import, apparently. Although whether its due to bugs, ignorance, or plain stupidity, im not sure, it varies :P
Perturabo
Commander
Commander

Post by Perturabo »

Nowhere in the shipmaker features documentation is this mentioned. A ctrl+f search for 'group arrange' is only mentioned in passing when dragging a custom sprite into the editor, which is what I do. Nothing in there about importing more than one at a time. So what am I missing, then?
When in deadly danger, When beset by doubt, Run in little circles, Wave your arms and shout
LordGarcia
Captain
Captain

Post by LordGarcia »

you can access the group arrange window under the tools menu. there you can move, delete(out of the ini) and import many sprites at once to your four sprite groups. after that you can save your new sprite groups as a new 'sprites.ini' only thing you have to do is select the option in the tools menu.

to import many sprites at once just mark many sprites and drag+drop them nto the group arrange menu. done. (in the most cases)
Himura.Kenshin said: What kind of pure, absolute [i]retard[/i] would run a bomb by Windows?
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Perturabo wrote:Nowhere in the shipmaker features documentation is this mentioned.
From documentation:
You can also import custom sections into a specific group at specific position by dragging and dropping files into place while group arrange is active. Imported sections will be inserted directly after the section which was under mouse (highlighted) when they were dropped.
:|
AnnihilatorX
Commander
Commander

Post by AnnihilatorX »

I propose scaling in SM the ship acceleration, turning rate and speed fields by a factor of 100. It need not scale the actual value in the sb4 files which would break compatibility. For example, a acceleration of 0.01 in the sb4 file should display 1 in SM. This allow even slower values to be adopted. There aren't many choices for acceleration especially since 0.01, 0.02 ... etc are quite big differences.

Would be good if thruster and thusterex reduction values are scaled as well.
Hypothetical Wisdom
Commander
Commander

Post by Hypothetical Wisdom »

We need a way to randomize link delays. This would be especially useful in making batteries of cannons, and would make things more realistic.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

A move to enemy or move to target action or trigger, and a range limit to go with it.
That way you could have sections that act as weapons at certain ranges, it would make things like DOOD's shuriken things far more effective.
Last edited by Bad Boy on Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

The ability to disable nanomatrix's visual effect.
...please? :)
FIREST0RM000
Captain
Captain

Post by FIREST0RM000 »

I think that more control over Demeter behavior would be useful. Same goes for the ship deployed if it could be made (AKA: if you're willing to code it) to act as a weapon.

I would like to add hangars to some of my larger ships, and I want to have my Demeter drones (or preferably ships) leave at a designated angle, and travel a designated distance before attacking/being controllable so that they don't look like they are flying through the hangar wall. That way, the Demeters can fly clear of the ship and then begin their attack runs. It would look even cooler with custom fighters, but then we need to be able to spawn as ally too.
"any problem can be solved with a gratuitous enough use of high explosives" Normandy
Marasmusine
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Marasmusine »

I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but:

Trigger - "section destroyed"

And perhaps conversely (less usefully) Mode - "destroy section" or "jettison section" (or more usefully) "explosively jettison section" (launches a section as a projectile on a vector directly away from the core)
Signature unavailable for comment.
FIREST0RM000
Captain
Captain

Post by FIREST0RM000 »

more options for background: editable fields for scaling and offset from the core (so you don't have to hold the hot keys for over a minuet), and the ability to use the background in a non tiled mode, where the center of the image is placed over the core, it does not tile, and is scaled like a section. It would be movable in the same way as the other mode.
"any problem can be solved with a gratuitous enough use of high explosives" Normandy