BSF 2 suggestion topic.

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Lord-General Thunder
Commander
Commander

Post by Lord-General Thunder »

Swamp Fox wrote:I would like an autosave that activates in the shipmaker maybe every 5-10 minutes. A nice feature (in my opinion) would be for it to check whether or not the ship has a name, and if so save to "that name.sb3", and if there is no name to save to something like "autosave.sb3". The shp isn't necessary in my opinion, but I can see why you might want that to autosave as well.
A nice idea, but what if you (evil bastard that you are) name your ship "autosave"? :D
The other thing I'd like is the option to load encounters without the scenery. In other words, I want to be able to play encounters without all the hundreds upon hundreds of nebulae and planets. The things that actually affect the ships would need to stay of course, but the flowery aesthetics easily become a pain when in large numbers.
That sounds like a general options thing. So there'd be a toggle in the Options menu titled "Terrain" or somesuch.
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DraTuicichNovae/BLANKcopy-6.jpg[/img]
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Or you could just save every ten minutes. :|
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

That sounds like a general options thing. So there'd be a toggle in the Options menu titled "Terrain" or somesuch.
That's why I said I'd like to be able to. Not all the time. Be able to. In other words I do want it as an option.
Or you could just save every ten minutes.
That is an excellent idea. Probably why I do. However, many of us don't. For those that have yet to learn "save early and often" this would provide a fairly effective safeguard against the shipmaker crashing or just accidentally closing it without saving. Also, unless there's some weird thing I don't know of, it would be a simple addition, since there's already the saving capability.

Also, I remembered the weapon I wanted. Basically, it would be a missile that would split into more, smaller missiles. The 'child' missiles would then be able to track their targets and act like a normal missile would.

Aaaand I just thought of another little thing. I don't know if this has been suggested yet, but here goes.
Assume you have a missile tracking its target. Halfway there the target gets destroyed. Currently the missile would then stop tracking and start flying on a straight line to anywhere. I would like it if the missile would instead acquire a new target.
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
FIREST0RM000
Captain
Captain

Post by FIREST0RM000 »

That is an excellent idea. Probably why I do. However, many of us don't. For those that have yet to learn "save early and often" this would provide a fairly effective safeguard against the shipmaker crashing or just accidentally closing it without saving. Also, unless there's some weird thing I don't know of, it would be a simple addition, since there's already the saving capability.
yes, It would be simple, but I would like to make a few suggestions on the Idea. first, the auto saves get their own folder, so they don't go overwriting anything. also, I think SM needs a 'save before closing?' prompt
"any problem can be solved with a gratuitous enough use of high explosives" Normandy
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

An actual water and/or land background to put in the sandbox for those of us who like to make wet-navy ships or Airships
bien4500
Commodore
Commodore

Post by bien4500 »

Can't you just find a picture and change the background?
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Not in sandbox and encounter maker. On a related note, I agree with Lizzie about the backgrounds, either a set of different backgrounds, or simply the ability to use any picture as a background would be great.
ODST
Commander
Commander

Post by ODST »

1. I don't know if someone has already mentioned this, but when there are two sections on top of each other, ShipMaker always highlights the one that was placed first, even if it's under another section. This makes it annoying to move details placed upon other sections around.

2. Anything directly along the center line of the ship doesn't layer correctly when the ship is mirrored. Interestingly, the mirroring fixed issue number one on the mirrored side.

If those could be fixed, that would be awesome. If I'm the only one experiencing this, I need some help.

EDIT: Oh, and this is my first post.
[img]http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/6102/odstsigbi9.jpg[/img]
What?
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by What? »

CTRL + click.
[quote="What?"] Wut. [/quote]
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

What? wrote:CTRL + click.
What this idiot was trying to say but failed to make clear, is that you can select sections beneath other sections by holding CTRL while left-clicking.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
ODST
Commander
Commander

Post by ODST »

Oh, thanks. That makes everything easier.
Boba Fettuccini
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Boba Fettuccini »

Better menus. The dropdowns never cease to tick me off, as I hate drop downs.
[center][url]www.boba-fettuccini.com[/url][/center]
MDmakaan
Account Inactive

Post by MDmakaan »

A fleet formation system that allows ships to move together in formations, and some more bigger map support.

And also some more terrain stuff like animated planets, background space traffic for space stations, and more than just 1 yellow sun
ODST
Commander
Commander

Post by ODST »

I don't know if this would fall under ECM, but Stealth Systems and Anomaly Detectors (Stealth Detectors)

Also, along with larger maps, include Fog of War and scanner systems, so as to create an actual use for scout class ships.

Finally, a ship ranking system based on number and specs of modules, armor, speed, ect. For example, ships balanced with stock in game ships would have a rank of 1, while progressively stronger ships would be ranked higher. This would make multiplayer tournaments much easier to manage.

EDIT: Oh, and if not mentioned before, Vector Graphics for everything.
Boba Fettuccini
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Boba Fettuccini »

Oh, and maybe a layer system for the shipmaker, like in Gimp or PS, wher eyou can click a button to make certain layers disappear. So for instance, click 'turn off section 22' and all section 22's become invisible and unclickable so you can work with whatever is underneath them.
[center][url]www.boba-fettuccini.com[/url][/center]