Have you Given Up?

Discuss all things Battleships Forever that aren't Ships and Shipmaker - Missions, Development, etc.!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

th15 wrote:Nonono, the game will be re-done with a proper game engine which means multiplayer, less performance issues and a generally better game.

It just takes time to get all of that done.

*dies*

*brother comes over and looks at the screen*

*he dies*
Commodore111
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Commodore111 »

wait... are you still making the game in GM? or are you switching to something else?
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

I am pretty sure he means he is finishing BSF in GML, but for BSF2 he will use C, C++, or another faster language.
The walls have eyes: the shadows we throw are the shadows we try to throw off.
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

*dies happily*

*My brother looks at the screen*

*My brother checks that it isn't a late april fools*

*My brother dies*

At this rate, you won't have much of a community for long...

Just one question. I think if you're doing this, there's not much of a point adding any more features to BSF 1. However, the one thing that would be good is adding the GML scripting to encounters, because that would give us something to do that would easily last until BSF 2 comes out. More importantly, you could see what kind of things we come up with, and possibly use some in BSF 2. I'm just wondering how hard it actually would be for you to add scripting to encounters, and if it really would let us do pretty much anything if we're good with coding.
Office hours: 12:30-2:00 PST M-F, in #BSF.
elecboy
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by elecboy »

*reads*
:shock:
*binks*
*repeats actions*
*blinks once more*
*preaches to the world:"Gentlemen, we have a god among us."
This has to be the best thing that happened in history. I love this thread. :mrgreen:
Defiance is key. WTF? What The Fish?
Stryder
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Stryder »

I must admit it. It had been more that two months since a big update. I worried. I feared. I prayed. I knew that things were in the works, but I grew restless and began to grow weary of waiting. My faith faultered. Mea culpa.

BSF is such a good game. It had balance and heart. It feels right. Thank you for your continued efforts th15.

Just the thought of more speed, more options, and multiplayer all serve to inspire us. If there is anything that we, as a community, can do to assist you, please ask.

best wishes,
Stryder
M123
Captain
Captain

Post by M123 »

Important question:

Will this "re-do" of BSF in the new engine turn out to be BSF 0.90, or BSF2 0.01?
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Another question: is there anything that we, as a community, can do to help in the development? Like, make new sections ( :) ), weapons, pixel/sprite art, that kind of stuff?
LordGarcia
Captain
Captain

Post by LordGarcia »

this tread is so mucvh better with epic music ffrom the epic music tread soundind in the background!

Th15 I'm looking forward to this. Multiplayer is like the last thing that missed to the best game I know.
Himura.Kenshin said: What kind of pure, absolute [i]retard[/i] would run a bomb by Windows?
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

Are you using C++ or C? You haven't told us. It sounds logical, but you may as well use C# or VB at this point. Or have not not decided?
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
Ukomalkaizio
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Ukomalkaizio »

Kaelis wrote:Another question: is there anything that we, as a community, can do to help in the development? Like, make new sections ( :) ), weapons, pixel/sprite art, that kind of stuff?
I second this.
If dolphins are so smart, then how come they get caught in those fishing nets all the time?
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Ukomalkaizio wrote:
Kaelis wrote:Another question: is there anything that we, as a community, can do to help in the development? Like, make new sections ( :) ), weapons, pixel/sprite art, that kind of stuff?
I second this.
Already did.
JaffaJoke91
Captain
Captain

Post by JaffaJoke91 »

no such thing as too many sections, besides, i would also be willing to add my help anywhere it is needed.
Need... More... COOKIES!
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Maybe ideas for new weapons and modules?
[u]Danny420Dale[/u] wrote:...
Well, well, that's been a while. :roll:
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Artman40
Commander
Commander

Post by Artman40 »

Wonder if this new version, if that would come out, uses vector graphics on ships?