Anna's High Guard Ships - 4th Ship on Page 2

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Anna's High Guard Ships - Updated 5/11 (Download!)

Post by jwa8402 »

:shock: Thats terrifying... Have you thought of doing a Pyrian Torchship or remaking your Siege Perilous class? I guess they would be pretty difficult with the long arms.
vidboi wrote:hey Anna, some of us need this thing called sleep now and again :P
Sleep is for people who can't fire 116 missiles a second, roughly.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

jwa8402 wrote: :shock: Thats terrifying... Have you thought of doing a Pyrian Torchship or remaking your Siege Perilous class? I guess they would be pretty difficult with the long arms.
The Pyrian Torchship just kinda looks exactly like a Siege Perilous class ship with a big glowy sphere in the center, which is pretty damn lazy design, and if I had a good reference pic for the Siege Perilous, I'd make that, tbh. As it is, I might try making it anyway.
EDIT:
ImageImage
See what I mean? Same ship with a glowy bit stuck in the center. It grates.
vidboi wrote:i like the small modifications you're made to the hull as well, although i still think it could perhaps do with a bit more contrast on the depth shading
I think I might attempt giving the hulls more contrast, but I'm not sure.... I'll try it out at some point and see how it looks.

Moving on. More downloads.

Full ship shot.
Picture taken with the upper wing on the right side removed, revealing the weapon systems beneath.
PursuitOfJustice.zip
(69.82 KiB) Downloaded 205 times
Ship Class: "Pursuit of Justice" class Attack Ship (AVD-II)
Length: 382 meters
Beam: 354 meters
Draft: 164 meters
Mass: Roughly 11,250,000 kilograms.
Crew Manifest: 185

Armament:
10x ELS (Electro-Magnetic Launch System) Missile Tubes loaded with OM-5 Standard Offensive Kinetic Kill Missiles
6x 35Mw PDL turrets
4x 50Mw PDL turrets

Propulsion Systems:
4x Magnetoplasma Dynamic Drives (Arcjet Drives)
1x "Slipstream"-type FTL Tunnel Drive

History: Not an uncommon sight in fleet actions, the "Pursuit of Justice" class Attack Ship primary serves as a rapid, hit and run missile craft. It's fast, but lacks much in the way of armaments outside of its missiles, and is sparsely armored, relying on its point defense grid and maneuverability to protect it in the heat of battle. As it is capable of carrying a much larger crew than its standard compliment, it often serves as a rapid troop transport during planetary engagements. Due to their vulnerability, "Pursuit of Justice" class vessels rarely engage in battle alone, either acting as support for a larger vessel or hunting their targets in packs.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Re: Anna's High Guard Ships - Updated Again! (Page 2 Download

Post by Kiltric »

This latest is a definite complement to the first. The arming with both is very well blended, appearance wise (I hope you do tone down the lag-cannons though).

My only nitpick on the P.O.J. is the "grayer" sections just inside the wing-tips and by the pointy bit at the back. They stick out to my eye a bit. Perhaps it's just me though. Do you at least see what I'm talking about?
Anna

Post by Anna »

I do see what you're talking about. I coloured them gray intentionally... it seemed like a good idea at the time. I definitely think I need to tone the weapons down on both, yeah. :lol: Probably gonna try making an alternate colour scheme, too.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

Well, it just makes them stick out a bit, not necessarily in a bad way, just odd to me personally.

I look forward to a different color scheme if you do.
Anna

Post by Anna »

10 downloads. One comment.

Seriously? I don't really feel compelled to make any more ships if people are just gonna grab it and not even say "Hey I like it" or "Hey, it's cool but maybe you could do x and y", or "I hate it and there's tons of things you should fix" or SOMETHING. It's not really any kind of good feedback to just download something and not say anything. I enjoy making ships, yeah, but they also take effort, effort I could put into other things I'd probably enjoy more. Part of the reason I post the ships is for feedback. :/ Bah.
Quality Control Enforcer
Icy
Commander
Commander
Location: THE ARTIC or THE ANTARTIC (or any other cold place...) :D

Post by Icy »

Sorry, just took another AP test today, and I haven't really had time to go on the forums outside of quick checks because of that and drumline tryouts for next year....
-End Explaination of Absence-

That aside, wow, (yes my original comment stands) despite the fact that the design on the original ship would be hard to reproduce in respect to me, you yet again deliver. I sort of like the Missile spam idea that you have going on (though it rapes my graphics card) it just seems to fit with the ship before you posted the picture of the ship you were recreating, it blew my mind, you recreated it perfectly (though a refrence picture of the engine section would be greatly appreciated). As earlier posts have stated, a little more contrast would certianly help the ship's highs and lows stand out (though it is awesome as it is).
Tough it is a minor comment, the front part of both ships look a little bland (might just be me) but based on the ships you are making there isn't much to work off of.
My favorite pokemon: Swampert, and Articuno
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 3267-4421-2889
Minecraft Name:IcyPwnage
James_Markam
Functionally Retarded

Post by James_Markam »

I don't usually post feedback unless I have gotten to use the ship but, I haven't had time lately.

Any ways from what I can tell visually you did a great job but, something about the nose seems off. I don't probably just me tho.
Image Image Image

The purge has begun...

[hr][/hr]ImageImageImageImage
[spoiler]Image
So, how do I get to the core from here?
[/spoiler]
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

Anna, though it is partly forum death, I know a lot of people are taking exams and things right now, personally, I'm in Boston at the moment, so I get about 15 minutes at a time to be online for this stuff. I'll download and look at them more thoroughly when I get back though.
Anna

Post by Anna »

Full ship shot.
Picture taken with the upper wing on the right side removed, revealing the weapon systems beneath.
PromisedDawn.zip
(75.2 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
Ship Class: "Promised Dawn" class Point Defense Cruiser (PDV-I)
Length: 432 meters
Beam: 236 meters
Draft: 140 meters
Mass: Roughly 12,500,000 kilograms.
Crew Manifest: 245

Armament:
6x ELS (Electro-Magnetic Launch System) Missile Tubes loaded with OM-5 Standard Offensive Kinetic Kill Missiles
8x ELS (Electro-Magnetic Launch System) Missile Tubes loaded with DM-5 Standard Defensive kinetic Kill Missiles
8x 35Mw PDL turrets
4x 50Mw PDL turrets

Propulsion Systems:
1x Magnetoplasma Dynamic Drives (Arcjet Drives)

History: I'll write this later.
Quality Control Enforcer
Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Re: Anna's High Guard Ships - 3rd Ship on Page 2

Post by Corporal Jomn »

These just keep getting better and better. Keep it up!
A gay as fuck girl and loving it.
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Good point about the torch and siege ships, I don't think I'd actually seen them at the same time before.
As for the Promised Dawn, looks pretty sleek and mean! Also I'd ask if you found a list of commonwealth ship names but your naming themes have always been pretty interesting.Your ability not to just make a ship, but to combine sections to make overall shapes like the rails is one of the big things that sets your work apart in my mind. I really like the cut-away views. The section work, weapons placement, and overall presentation make it obvious how much thought you put into a ship. I also enjoy reading the histories. Still can't play the game right now :cry: I wonder what an asymmetrical commonwealth ship would look like? Probably crap.
Anna

Post by Anna »

jwa8402 wrote:I wonder what an asymmetrical commonwealth ship would look like? Probably crap.
Something like this, I think. The Righteous Fist of Heaven class, an actual canon ship class! One I might try my hand at, at some point.

I am coming up with pretty much all the ship class names myself, but it's not too hard. High Guard naming is generally just very... well, poetic and rather... well, arrogant and flowery, really. I'm glad you like the ships, jwa. :D You're pretty much the reason I'm making them, so yeah, credit to you there for bringing them up and making me tempted to make more. Sucks that you can't play the game right now, though. I'm looking forward to seeing you making ships again, since your fanships and stuff are always pretty interesting.

Moving on, another ship. This one on the small side.

Full ship shot.
Weapon systems.
HarmonyOfOne.zip
(21.78 KiB) Downloaded 166 times
Ship Class: "Harmony Of One" class Rapid Assault Craft (ALV-III)
Length: 199 meters
Beam: 148 meters
Draft: 56 meters
Mass: Roughly 6,500,000 kilograms.
Crew Manifest: 38 (Marine compliment of 50)

Armament:
2x Heavy Coilguns
2x Anti-fighter Autocannons
6x Autoflak Turrets

Propulsion Systems:
2x Ion Drives

History: I'll write this later.
Quality Control Enforcer
Siber
Captain
Captain

Re: Anna's High Guard Ships - 4th Ship on Page 2

Post by Siber »

I'm reasonably certain that the Righteous Fist of Heaven is symmetrical, that picture just comes from the right angle so that the front and rear hoops on the near side appear to blend together. You can tell by looking at the highlights on them.
seriously Anna. seriously oh my gawd seriously.

Author of DAF and Sillyness
Co-founder Homeworld:@
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Re: Anna's High Guard Ships - 4th Ship on Page 2

Post by Kiltric »

It does indeed appear to be symmetrical.