Workbee & Co - Wreckerbee and Minibee Downloads On Page 5

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Workbee & Co - Warbee Download On Page 3

Post by Bad Boy »

The minibee is as was said, very nice for its scale, but its arms look a little silly. Mainly its outer arms; they're too short and their shape is too simple, and both sets look flimsy. Basically I think it would have been better if you had stuck more with the regular bee style. Also, regular mbeams look kinda bland, but that's not really important.
I can't say much about the body of the minibee (hard to see), but I'm sure it's fine, and the wreckerbee (and others) are great.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Re: Workbee & Co - Warbee Download On Page 3

Post by Anna »

Bad Boy wrote:The minibee is as was said, very nice for its scale, but its arms look a little silly. Mainly its outer arms; they're too short and their shape is too simple, and both sets look flimsy. Basically I think it would have been better if you had stuck more with the regular bee style. Also, regular mbeams look kinda bland, but that's not really important.
Making arms anything like the arms on the other bees with small sections would have been hard. There's a pretty extreme lack of good small sections, so I had to make do with what I had. That said, I've made a few additions.
I can't say much about the body of the minibee (hard to see), but I'm sure it's fine, and the wreckerbee (and others) are great.
Um... you did see that a posted a screenshot of the Minibee a few days ago, right? It's plenty easy to see.

Anyway! Here's a zip including all the Bees. Some very minor alterations have been made to the Workbee and the Warbee, so please copy over your old versions:

Bees.zip
Bee compilation. Contains every Bee made thus far. More Bees than your body has room for.
(115.13 KiB) Downloaded 1095 times
Next on the agenda: The Hive.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
PoW3R8
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Re: Workbee & Co - Wreckerbee and Minibee Downloads On Page

Post by PoW3R8 »

Awesome !

i really lilke this bee's ;) ...
And could you tell me how did you this arm movement ? Cuz im new here and i don't know how to do this
Anna

Post by Anna »

I absolutely could. But it would take forever and I would need pictures and shit to adequately explain it. This is not me condescending you. It would be very difficult to explain with just words, pictures are required. Basically, I used sections driven by invisible, non-firing weapons. "Driving" means making it so a section and all the sections parented to it rotate with the weapon that is set as their driver. This is done by selecting a section, right-clicking the weapon, and clicking something like "Set Driver".

If you want to know more than that, you'll have to experiment, look around, or give me one hell of a good reason to expend the effort to explain it further.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

I vote Anna makes a tutorial on how to do these movements. :P
Anyway, I like how you've done the engines.
Anna

Post by Anna »

25000st wrote:I vote Anna makes a tutorial on how to do these movements. :P
Anyway, I like how you've done the engines.
Thank god my life is not a democracy. :lol:

In other news:

Construction has begun on Tureol Free Alliance Mining Station TX-103, "The Hive"

This is very much a work in progress.
Quality Control Enforcer
Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Post by Corporal Jomn »

This looks very cool so far. Love you work Anna. :)
A gay as fuck girl and loving it.
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
Anna

Post by Anna »

Glad you like! :) Here's another quick update. I'm taking a break from Shipmaker for now, so I'll continue it later:

Quality Control Enforcer
PoW3R8
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by PoW3R8 »

OK im too noob for that -.-. so could u make an tut of HOW TO make this movements ? XD it would be very hopefull for many of us (i mean us noobs). please please please please ;)
Anna

Post by Anna »

PoW3R8 wrote:OK im too noob for that -.-. so could u make an tut of HOW TO make this movements ? XD it would be very hopefull for many of us (i mean us noobs). please please please please ;)
To put it very nicely: No.

There are other tutorials on the forum that explain the basics of driving weapons. Look for them. Alternatively, experiment. Or even more alternatively, load up the .sb4 I included in the download and try to see how it was done. But don't pester me to make tutorials or "how-tos" or what have you. I don't have the patience for it. Maybe some day in the future if I'm feeling incredibly bored and masochistic I might, but for the moment... no.

Maybe someone else on the forum might be inclined to make a tutorial for you, however.
Quality Control Enforcer
PoW3R8
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by PoW3R8 »

ahhh oki :( . wish me luck :D !
btw nice eee space station :) it looks awesome... like all of your ships ! i have to say it:
You are the best ship builder in THE whole UNIVERSE!
Anna

Post by Anna »

That's kind of you to say. :)

Anyway, quick update:

Quality Control Enforcer
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

before the now the station was looking a bit, well, meh to me, but now you've fleshed it out i actually really like it. it looks like there are some depthing errors in the details around the hexasgonal sections, but apart from that it's looking really good
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
Anna

Post by Anna »

Yeah, I only just noticed those depthing problems myself. Glad to hear you approve vidboi. :D

Oh, and before anyone points it out, yeah, I shamelessly stole the arms from Starstruck's Big Pig station. :lol:

Question for you guys: Once it's more complete, should I layer non-DST/HorseMonster sprites over it in places? Pretty much all of it has been HM and DST sections, so far. Kaelis at least has given the indication that he thinks it doesn't mesh with the style of the Bees, and that it looks too low tech. I'm on the fence on this, so I'm asking you guys.
Quality Control Enforcer
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

i did notice the stealing, but because of the way you nicely integrated them into the docking sections i decided not the mention it...

i'm not sure about the additions, right now the style fo the station looks good, even if it is a different style to that of the bees, but then being a different kind of structure i believe it would do, and i don't think it looks that low tech
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...