Random acts of violence with Shipmaker

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Star Wreck Halo v2 download pg 26

Post by ArcaneDude »

Okay, so, I kinda went into silly mode and overwrote the Key Ship with a tiny little sentinel...so I had to rebuild it. I think it's actually better now.
Forerunner Key Ship 4.png
This will most likely be the only ship for the Forerunners. I tried building a sentinel, but...I dunno, there's no satisfying way to build something that tiny, and the enforcer is ugly as hell anyway. Plus I want to move on to the next stage of the project, a.k.a The Old Republic. I'll arm this ship, release it, and that's that.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

For the most part it looks a lot better, more interesting and better section usage. However, I think the rear end (the part at the back with the right angles) looked more interesting in the last one, it looks too bland here. That said, the connection of the rear end to the wings looks better in this one. The same applies to the 45 degree struts near the core connecting the wings to the front.
This might just be me though, maybe more blandness is a good thing in this case.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

And thar she blows.

If you've downloaded the previous ships I built you should have no trouble loading this. If you do, contact me.
Forerunner Key Ship.sb4
(43.86 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
Forerunner Key Ship.shp
(38.31 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
On to Star Wars: the Old Republic. I will be including ships from KOTOR, the comics, and even some from the upcoming MMO.
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

ArcaneDude wrote:On to Star Wars: the Old Republic. I will be including ships from KOTOR, the comics, and even some from the upcoming MMO.
Wicked, can't wait to see that!

Ok one of my favorite ships from Homeworld, the Hiigaran Battlecruiser. This is very wip but I started it at 3 in the morning while watching Skyline, so weird shit is bound to happen. Could use some advice on the coloring cuz the picture I used had this weathered dune brown that I can't seen to match. Needless to say the sectionwork will be refined also, especially those two rectangle pieces near the front cuz I know thats supposed to be smoothly sloping inward.
Attachments
SMscreen04.png
Altahir
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Star Wreck: new halo download pg 27

Post by Altahir »

Woah, I love it :D
It makes me remember when i make it but huge :lol: xD
Ah, old times, that and the Vaygr Battlecruisers are my best works :)
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

It doesn't seem long enough at the front, the back seems right though.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Finally, there are posts!

@jwa: I dunno, the ship itself doesn't really flow, and the colorscheme makes it look like a turd, pardon me french. My ideas are, rework the outer parts of the hull with somewhat flatter sections, and search the interwebs for a better colorscheme. There's bound to be some out there. Also, I'm wondering, what refpic are you using?
cubby989
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by cubby989 »

I absolutely love everything here! nothing is "bleh, too overpowered" it's beautiful, and functional, I hope you never stop, lest the world gets overpopulated from the lack of heart attacks.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

First thanks to everyone who commented. I agree the brown came out wrong, but I sampled it directly from the image I was using and it still came out differently.
As for flow and not being long enough, I'm still fooling around with it so changes will definitely be made. I altered the color scheme, but still working on that.
SMscreen05.png
Attempt at remaking the stock series. Mostly done with most of the ships but this was the furthest.
Attempt at remaking the stock series. Mostly done with most of the ships but this was the furthest.
This is the shot I used.
This is the shot I used.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

The flow of the sections around the core doesn't do it for me. They look fine but they really don't look athena-ish - too curvy and such. Also, because the outer sections are pretty dark it's all you see at first glance (and without a decent deal of head craning and squinting :D).
Other than that, something about the thickness looks off but I can't quite put my finger on it. Might just be the dark outer bits making it look weird though.

That said, it does look quite nice, just needs some clean up.

As for the hig BC, it looks quite nice, but not as good as it could. If you've got the patience go through it and find better sections, some of them just don't mesh well with the ones next to each other. In particular, take a look at the sections on the sides that have a darker streak running through them and the kinda abrupt looking line where the front bit meets the main bit. Also, the sudden shading change about halfway down (where the sections with lines through them end) also looks a bit off to me.
Looking at it again, other than those few things it looks pretty good. Not flawless, but what'll you do :D
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

@jwa: those colors are much better. All you need to do now is take another look at the sectionwork.

In the mean time:
Old Republic 1.png
From small to large: Defender class light Corvette, Foray class Blockade Runner and Hammerhead class Cruiser.

I'm not sure about the Hammerhead, but I think I've got the other two about right.

EDIT

What, 47 views and no-one's bothered to comment? Bunch of lazy bums.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Those are quite nice; its hard to pick out individual sections. Any idea of what other ships your doing from the old republic?
Also played with the forrunner key ship and I gotta say that I love the beams! They do a great job of simulating that race, and its a beast to fight.

Is this most of the area you guys are talking about?
SMscreen05a.PNG
I'm doing some serious fooling with balance. For one beam ships like startrek's are overpowered for their size because they always hit. To fix this I'm removing point defense from some ships, which so far seems to have helped.
There are also some ships like Galactica which have no shields, just increased hp. I'm going to do this to more of the ships that aren't supposed to have shields, and increase the shield hp of shielded ships while nerfing their hull hp. This gives some ships lots of armor to chew away at, while the shielded ships remain unhurt until their shields fall, after which they die fairly quickly. This also has the virtue of speeding up fleet combat somewhat, though in 1on1s they have more staying power.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Yep, that's the area. The back section looks very out of place, the middle one starts an area of slightly different shading that's not really a problem I think (just figured I should point it out) and the front one helps create a very straight line that looks iffy.

And hope the rebalancing goes well. Maybe I'll actually do what I said and test them once it's done (sorry for not delivering on that yet, the usual busy/unmotivated thing).
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Yep, that's the spot.

So far, I have these three, plus the Praetorian Light Frigate, the Tanthra Corvette (which I've reclassified as a destroyer, regarding it's role) and the Inexpugnable class Tactical Command Ship. Of course the Aurek Starfighter and Chela Bomber will also be made, and who could forget the ever classic Ebon Hawk?

In Sith ships, I'm still looking for concept art and such, their fleet isn't nearly as varied. Which is a problem I intend to fix.
Icy
Commander
Commander
Location: THE ARTIC or THE ANTARTIC (or any other cold place...) :D

Post by Icy »

sorry, I haven't been around much but, you guys are awesome! I might have to dust off bsf and start creating stuff again.
My favorite pokemon: Swampert, and Articuno
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 3267-4421-2889
Minecraft Name:IcyPwnage