Project Gamma Surge

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

doc525
Commander
Commander

Project Gamma Surge

Post by doc525 »

This is an RP meant to satisfy the people who wanted to get into project aurora but were too late or got rejected.
Assuming we get enough people two weeks from now, it may happen then, or it may take longer. Serious doubts about wether it will take a shorter amount of time. The target is 10 people, and that is a tentative number.
Please read the briefing. The submission template follows.

Briefing:

A nervous, mousy-looking man clad in white stands behind a podium, shakily touching a screen on the podium. He shortly begins speaking, " May I have your attention please?" he says loudly, looking around the room at the asorted species of alien, and other various creatures.
"May I have your attention please?", he repeats, louder this time. Everyone in the room turns their head towards him. "Alright, now that I have your attention, please direct your attention to the screen at my side." A screen slowly descends to the man's right, and a diagram appears on it. "At 3:30 GCT (Galactic Centeral Time) we measured a large gamma ray spike in the Daranian Galaxy. Naturally curious, we sent an exploratory crew to the site of the spike. they reported a derelict ship, actually, a series of derelict ships. Upon reding the serial numbers, we figured out that they had disappered 20 years ago." At this point, the screen changed to show a view of the derelict ships. They were meteor scarred, and the hulls were badly scorched. "as you can clearly see, these ships are quite damaged. Those of you who are selected shall be sent to do an exploratory run. "The screen then drew up back into the ceiling."We have brought you here today to figure out what is going on. Please take notice of those strange devices on your chairs. Pick it up and Strap it to the back of your neck.
END BRIEFING

TEMPLATE:

Dr. Joseph McRyler

Species/Race: Human- with an accidental Ability

~~
Height: 5 foot 11 inches
Build: slim
Colouration: (hair, skin, eyes, etc.) Red Hair, Pale, blue-tinted skin, and yellow eyes.
Traits: An accident while observing life on Tantarus IV left him with strange colored eyes and skin, and an extremely accelerated cell regeneration- shoot him with a plasma burst, knock him down, and he'll get up with a hole in him, and dust himself off while the wound will close up an stop bleeding within seconds. However, the accident left him with an inability to run or physically exert himself for long periods of time. He is also less tolerant to heat and cold.

~~
Abilities/Training: Doctorates in Chemistry and Biology. He also has a master's degree in Mathematics. Work in militech labs has left him with a great knowledge of biochemisty. Time in the army also left him with some minor experience with explosive devices. He also has the aforementioned extremely accelerated cell regeneration rate, and its complications.

Possessions: He owns an Intel Pentium Quad core laptop, with a remote detonation mechanism for the small assorted demolition charges. Also included in his arsenal is a small, anonymous silver sphere. He carries 4 charges at the most at any time. 2 fragmentation charges, one concussion charge, and an Ion charge. His chemistry experience allows him to make his own charges, and he also has some unofficial electrical engineering training. He also has the clothes oon his back, the typical white labcoat, black tie, black silk pants, and Black muave shoes.

Extra note: His computer has an AI, unregulated but restrictid in access.

Bio: Born to a Scottish physicist and a simple Italian farmgirl, he had shown an intense curiosity early on, and he was performing science expereriments at age 4 with his father in the labs where he worked. He showed an amazing aptitude in science and mathematics through high school, his junior year he created a method of cost effectively synthesizing diamonds and rubies in chemistry class. The method has been closely guarded by he and his parents. After graduating top of his class in college, he has been socially awkward since a small incident in 3rd grade. He got involved in Militek labs several years after graduating from college. He quickly shot up the ranks, until an accident on Tantarus IV. He was exposed to a strange disease that nearly killed him. Doctors were just about to give up, until he mysteriously got up and told them he was fine. He has kept his ability secret until now, because as he enterd this facility, he fell from the bridge of the ship he was on, right onto the duracrete surface of the shuttle port. He got up and continued on his way.
He has high hopes for his entry into the program, and is fairly confident he can make it in.

It takes but a simple copy-paste job.
I would also like you, if you have any intention of harrasment of people in this thread, to not post in this thread if you have the aforementioned goal.
Thank you for your time.

Rules/Tips:

1)NO, you cannot blast the ships before you dock.
2) Yes, robots and androids are allowed
3) There will be an equal mix of combat and everything else. Do not forget to bring a weapon of some kind.
4)Nanotechnology does not come into widespread use during the era in which this takes place, but it has come into being, albeit on a VERY LIMITED SCALE
5) AIs might be useful.

I reserve the right to make changes to any of the rules above.

Oh, and on a side note, your characters can interact with each other here, but you must label those things IC.

Oh, is the title too stupid? Post your opinions/suggestions
Last edited by doc525 on Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Raithah
Commander
Commander

Post by Raithah »

Yaoza ! Didn't expect you to come up with such a story so soon :D. But good luck ... and pray you won't have the gigantic ant-man race storming your submissions section.
The preferred outcome of war, is peace. Ironic; huh ? -[citation needed]
doc525
Commander
Commander

Post by doc525 »

Hehe... gotta add a few guidelines- and don't give anyone ideas.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Oh come on. This is almost a direct ripoff of Project Aurora. Display some originality NOW.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
doc525
Commander
Commander

Post by doc525 »

One sec...
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Changing the topic title isn't going to help you. I suggest you try harder.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Kekekekekke
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
doc525
Commander
Commander

Post by doc525 »

Read it again.
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Name: Unknown. Only known as "Guard"
Species/Race: Unknown

Appearance:
It's a huge eight foot tall living armor. It is thought to be a robot, but it uses no batteries or oil anything. It carries a sword that's as long as it's hight. It's entire body is covered with unbreakable steel, but that also makes it really slow.

Species/Race Data:
Unknown.

Personality:
None. Dosen't even talk. It's known to attack without reason.

History:
Unknown.

Personal Possessions:
Serves as the most greatest body guard. His sword can shatter even diamonds.
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
doc525
Commander
Commander

Post by doc525 »

Come on, i know you can do better than that. REJECTED
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Name: -unpronouncable-
Nickname: Bug
Species: Formicidae Gigantica (giant ant) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ants
Rank/role: Giant Ant

Length: 8 feet
Build: Giant ant
Coloration: Giant Ant
Traits: Giant ant

Abilities: Can carry heavy loads on back. Compound eyes + antena give excelent senses. Giant Ant.

Possessions: Neck brace (combination of translator, comunicator, condition monitor and weapon [2 pistols in built]) Cargo netting (on back)
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
doc525
Commander
Commander

Post by doc525 »

You are trying my patience.

If you wanted to be serious, you wouldn't just plaster GIANT ANT all over everything. REJECTED.

Do not post in this thread unless you are going to be serious.

Re-read the top. It is no longer a ripoff.

And, stop being so immature. It reflects poorly upon our forums, and it makes people think we're a bunch of smart @$$ess
Atrum
Captain
Captain

Post by Atrum »

Name: 454 Innocent Flash
Race: Sentinent AI
Rank/Role: Combat Drone

Abilities: Armed to the teeth. Has invincible shields/armor and can hover. It is also capable of hacking anything with no difficulty.

Personality: Slightly crazy. It is known to attack allies for no reason other than for "Amusement".

ARMAMENT: Quad Particle Gun Array, Dual Rocket Launchers, Rail-Cannon.

Size: About the size of your CPU

Possessions: Quad Particle Gun Array, Dual Rocket Launcher, Rail-Cannon and ammo.
doc525
Commander
Commander

Post by doc525 »

This is no longer warranted. I apologize for trying to rip off Arcalane's project aurora. I would expect entries like these from newbies, and I would politely correct them. But I did not expect this level of immaturity from you people. i am politely asking you to stop. This is something that I wanted to make for those who wanted to join. Now, STOP. Please?
Siber
Captain
Captain

Post by Siber »

Your name may not be a rip off, and you may have changed one or two things in the story to slightly different things... Hell, if you posted what you have now, you might have gotten away with it. But my advice to you would be to scrap this, come up with a new story from whole cloth, and try again.
Last edited by Siber on Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seriously Anna. seriously oh my gawd seriously.

Author of DAF and Sillyness
Co-founder Homeworld:@