WAR FOR THE GRAIL - Part 1: World Of Origin

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Latooni
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: WAR FOR THE GRAIL - Part 1: World Of Origin

Post by Latooni »

I vote for E, clearly the robot knows more about what the hell is going on than us.

EDIT: So, roughly, how large is Assassin?
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

/\ The scan widget thing said 13.75m.
Deus Est Mechanicus

Owner of 'The Novian Empire', a Delphinius Gulf Wars faction.
Fleet Version 1.8 is finally available for download!
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7081
Latooni
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Latooni »

Oh, I missed that. So it's roughly the size of mid-90s gundams, alright.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

C, use robot to get shit done
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

C.

Lose arm, acquire giant robot. Still profit.
Lukasmah
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Lukasmah »

Aralonia wrote:A is not mutually exclusive with anything, so it should be happening while you're attempting C.
Haha. I'm tempted to actually vote this, just to see how that would turn out.

Actually, the temptation is too strong.

I'll change my vote to A while C.
"Quotes posted on the internet are hard to verify."
-Abraham Lincoln
Siber
Captain
Captain

Post by Siber »

Our arm just BLEW UP. Jeeze. E.
seriously Anna. seriously oh my gawd seriously.

Author of DAF and Sillyness
Co-founder Homeworld:@
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

I twist myself about, looking down at the wrecked train beneath us, and Berserker. The massive robot is going on a rampage, smashing and destroying train cars which are fortunately empty now, the rest of the soldiers aboard the train having evacuated during the chaos and destruction. In the distance I can see Terran Battlesuits - 9 meter tall bipedal mechs - starting to advance towards the destroyed v-train. I also see Galahad, alive and retreating from Berserker.

"Assassin, save him!" I point with my left arm, my only remaining arm.

That's when I see the three marks etched onto the back of my hand, faintly glowing red. Assassin turns her gaze down towards Galahad, tilting her head.

"That seems unwise, Master. We would be exposing ourselves to-"

"I don't care! He's my brother! Save him!"

To my surprise, Assassin replies to my interruption with a rather human sigh, shaking her head, "Very well, Master." She mutters begrudgingly.

A burst of jets and Assassin begins to plummet down towards the ground, letting out a delighted whooping at the high speed flight. We're within a few meters of him when we're intercepted. A third combatant, another Servant, bursts in, shielding Galahad and swinging a weapon that seems to be shrouded in a vortex of wind. Assassin cries out, flinging an arm forward and unleashing three daggers with as much force as a coilgun, the projectiles moving so fast that once they're in motion they're impossible for human eyes to track.

Regardless, this new Servant deflects all three of those thrown projectiles with ease and steps in to swing its weapon, only to stop as Galahad yells out.

"Saber, no! Stop right now!" My brother yells, and the blue mech halts its attack, though it maintains an alert posture.

"Master, this is one of our enemies." A level, calculating female voice responds from that mech, "We should disable them and leave them for Berserker to destroy before retreating."

Galahad steps forward, placing a hand on Saber's leg, "That's my sister!"

That's enough to make Saber lower her guard, turning her attention towards Berserker, "Very well, Master, I will spare them for now. Please enter my cockpit and I will carry you to safety."

The blue robot kneels down and its chest-plate opens, Galahad climbing into the safety of the cockpit within before it closes up again. Saber rises to her feet, pointing her shrouded weapon towards Assassin and I, "My Master is informing me to lead you to the safety of our base. I am warning you that if you attempt to attack me, I will not hesitate to destroy you, regardless of my Master's feelings towards you."

Her cold tone shocks me, but I don't have time to reply as Saber turns around and begins to fly away. I narrow my eyes, using my mysterious new ability to read her statistics as she flies away.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

RIDING - B: THIS SERVANT HAS A COCKPIT CAPABLE OF HOUSING THEIR MASTER, AND ADDITIONALLY MAY TRANSFORM INTO A VEHICLE CAPABLE OF HIGH SPEED FLIGHT, INCREASING THE AGILITY PARAMETER BY ONE POINT WHILE ACTIVE BUT WEAKENING OFFENSIVE CAPABILITIES.

NOBLE PHANTASM DETECTED. SCAN RESULTS FOLLOW.

INVISIBLE AIR - BOUNDARY FIELD OF WIND:
AN INVISIBLE SWORD. WITHOUT EXTRAORDINARY ABILITY TO SEE THROUGH VISUAL OBSTRUCTIONS, GAUGING THE SIZE OF THIS BLADE IS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE.
THIS NOBLE PHANTASM IS PROTECTED BY ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY THAT RENDERS IT INVISIBLE, BUT THE SWORD ITSELF IS NOT TRANSPARENT. RATHER, BY MANIPULATING AIR CURRENTS TO AN EXTREME EXTENT, IT CREATES A VORTEX THAT REFRACTS LIGHT AROUND IT.
THE VORTEX SURROUNDING THIS SWORD MAY BE VIOLENTLY UNLEASHED. DOING SO WILL REVEAL THE BLADE, BUT THIS CAN ACT AS A HIGH-POWERED ATTACK THAT IS DIFFICULT TO DEFEND AGAINST.

TYPE: ANTI-PERSONNEL NOBLE PHANTASM
RANGE: CLOSE TO INTERMEDIATE
MAXIMUM TARGETS: 1 OBJECT

I blink. All that information overwhelmed me for a moment, and when I came to, Saber's form has transformed into something similar in shape to a fighter jet and is flying off at high speed.

"Assassin, keep up with her if you can!" I gasp out. Adrenaline is helping me to ignore the pain of my missing arm, but not much.

"If I can? Hmph."

She sets me down to sit on her shoulder and I grab on tight. Moments later she activates her own thrusters, streaking through the sky in pursuit of Saber and Galahad, leaving Berserker raging in the wreckage behind us. I could swear I hear Assassin letting out quiet little cries of delight as she flies after Saber, but that skull-like face gives away nothing. Much to my amazement, Assassin doesn't merely keep up with Saber, but begins to close the distance between us and her.

It seems safe now, at least. I should...

A) Rest
B) Wait to see where we're going
C) Try to scan Assassin to determine more of her abilities
D) Ask Assassin why she's so excited
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Latooni
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Latooni »

B, C, and D are all non-exclusive and all really good ideas. I vote for all three, but if order matters, C>D>B.

EDIT: Is asking her what the hell's going on allowed? Because that's also a thing that should happen.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

The "multiple choice" aspect of voting is going to become more lax now, so if people want to suggest options that aren't listed, they can do so. The action Marion takes will be determined by a mixture of popular choice and my own discretion.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Siber
Captain
Captain

Post by Siber »

Okay for real. I don't know what crazy tweaks they made to us, but losing in arm is gonna cause some shock and stuff. Hang on until we can get to this base, then rest under the supervision of friendly people until things are a bit more under control.

Also maybe tell assassin to avoid provoking Saber.
seriously Anna. seriously oh my gawd seriously.

Author of DAF and Sillyness
Co-founder Homeworld:@
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

D because these are the most important questions.
C might be useful too if we're not in too much pain.
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

A - rest now, ask questions later. I'm sure the trauma of recent events would have tired anyone out.
Deus Est Mechanicus

Owner of 'The Novian Empire', a Delphinius Gulf Wars faction.
Fleet Version 1.8 is finally available for download!
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7081
Lukasmah
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Lukasmah »

Necrontyr1998 wrote:A - rest now, ask questions later. I'm sure the trauma of recent events would have tired anyone out.
That sounds reasonable.

I vote A.
"Quotes posted on the internet are hard to verify."
-Abraham Lincoln
Ristyo
Captain
Captain

Post by Ristyo »

Need to know why is Assassin so excited, then go rest.
D>A
The Comerlian Family

Dammit, didn't realize Starsector is really hard.