WAR FOR THE GRAIL - Part 1: World Of Origin

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Re: WAR FOR THE GRAIL - Part 1: World Of Origin

Post by -Desert- »

My instincts say A, but they'll be able to follow us easily.
Oh well, A, just run for it.
Quite frankly I wonder why I ever began making ships for this. You see, my work never becomes quite as good as I feel it deserves to.
Lukasmah
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Lukasmah »

A, but pick up Assassin's old arm. If it can be repaired that would be great, as it can separate into pieces and be easier to transport. Oh, and most importantly: It can turn invisible.
"Quotes posted on the internet are hard to verify."
-Abraham Lincoln
Latooni
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Latooni »

I vote C, try to ask Rider's master about what she knows about the holy grail thingy, but be ready to use Assassin's special retreat function at any time to get out.
Lukasmah
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Lukasmah »

Latooni wrote:I vote C, try to ask Rider's master about what she knows about the holy grail thingy, but be ready to use Assassin's special retreat function at any time to get out.
We just came there, killed a lot of the armed men (Soldiers?) and tried to kill her AND her servant. That sounds like a bad idea.
-Abraham Lincoln
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Latooni wrote:I vote C, try to ask Rider's master about what she knows about the holy grail thingy, but be ready to use Assassin's special retreat function at any time to get out.
I'm voting this. We can't escape, nor fight, because that much firepower also has insane range and I'd rather we didn't use one of assassin's trump cards untill we -really- must.
Latooni
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Latooni »

Lukasmah wrote:
We just came there, killed a lot of the armed men (Soldiers?) and tried to kill her AND her servant. That sounds like a bad idea.
If we're guaranteed to escape, I don't actually see danger here.
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

Changing my vote to C. One question though: what happened to that annoying manlike thing that really hurt Assassin's smaller body?
Quite frankly I wonder why I ever began making ships for this. You see, my work never becomes quite as good as I feel it deserves to.
Lukasmah
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Lukasmah »

-Desert- wrote:Changing my vote to C. One question though: what happened to that annoying manlike thing that really hurt Assassin's smaller body?
That manlike thing escaped through a portal.
-Abraham Lincoln
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

Good. He's the only thing I really worried about for C.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Sorry for the delay guys, the weekend was shit and work's got me feeling cruddy. Will have an update up tomorrow.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

"Wait!" I call out, holding up a hand, "Stop! Let's just talk!"

It's ridiculous. We attacked them, there's no way they'll accept that, and Assassin moves to shield me, shaking her head incredulously. To the amazement of us both, however, Rider comes to a stop, the armored shell of Bellerophon around her starting to disappear. Her sleek, purple fight-jet form unfolded into that of an elegant, slender and robotic woman. The armored plates covering her cockpit slid away, revealing the young girl seated within. She's surprisingly young, no more than eleven or twelve years old, with long white hair, bright purple eyes and wearing a white, knee-length gown, and she's breathing quite heavily, her pale skin slick with sweat, something like circuitry glowing purple beneath her skin.

"What's wrong with her?" I ask Assassin quietly.

Assassin tilts her head towards me, while her larger body lowers its weapons, "Very powerful Noble Phantasms like that require a great deal of Originator Energy to activate, and Servants draw that energy through their link with their Master. The girl's circuits are likely unstable."

Rider touches down on the ground, approaching us slowly, "I agreed to this only because I do not wish to put my Master under unnecessary strain."

"I understand. We should talk." I say, looking to the young girl, "My name's Marion. What's yours?"

The pale girl takes a deep breath, wincing a little as she sits up slightly and opens the cockpit. Rider tries to say something, but the young girl slaps the cockpit canopy, interrupting Rider. Delicately, the girl climbs out, and Rider kneels down, allowing the child to drop down to the ground lightly, landing bare-foot in the sand. She looks down, curling her toes in the fine yellow sand a bit, before returning her attention to me.

"My name is Blossom." She says.

"That's a pretty name."

She smiles and nods her head hesitantly, "I know. That's why I picked it. The doctors and nurses call me Unit 143, but Rider told me that's not a proper name."

I wince a little, feeling somewhat sympathetic. If what I saw in that facility is any indication, and my own history, the girl has likely been experimented on her whole life. The scientists were no doubt quite surprised one of their young test subjects ended up summoning a Servant.

"Who was that... man... you were talking with?" I ask her.

I say Man, but for some reason my Originator Circuits registered him as being a Servant, albeit an anomalous one. That is certainly concerning. Blossom tilts her head, her young face scrunching up into a scowl, "He was a bad man. He threatened Rider, and said he wanted my circuits. But Rider stood up to him... and then you shot him. I don't know why you did that."

"Likely they suspected he was my Master." Rider pipes in.

I don't deny it. Blossom bites at her lower lip, seeming anxious, looking down at the ground and tugging at the front of her gown, "I... but you don't want to hurt me, do you?"

Looking at that small girl, I...

A) Kill her now, while she's vulnerable. A Servant without a Master is less threat and deactivates eventually, after all.
B) Tell her that I don't want to hurt her.
C) Lie to her, telling her I don't intend to hurt her, earn her trust so I can use her and discard her at my convenience.
D) Feel protective of her. Maybe she should come with Assassin and I.
E) Explain that as Masters in the War, we are enemies, regardless of what we want, but agree to leave her peacefully for now.
F) Other.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Siber
Captain
Captain

Post by Siber »

I vote D with a splash of E. We don't want to be enemies, but we shouldn't lie about the potential for conflict. See if we can get info on what her and rider's wishes would be.
seriously Anna. seriously oh my gawd seriously.

Author of DAF and Sillyness
Co-founder Homeworld:@
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

I'm a pragmatist.

Combination of C and A. I'm sure we can sound authentic enough to take her out now.
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
STARSTRUCK

Post by STARSTRUCK »

Putting in a vote for E. For some reason I feel that Rider will gore us if we try to lie, so I think we should make the reality of the situation perfectly clear.
Lukasmah
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Lukasmah »

A. No master --> No noble phantasm --> Assassin and Rider are a match --> Assassin gets the upper hand due to Mari's originator circuits
-Abraham Lincoln