WAR FOR THE GRAIL - Part 1: World Of Origin

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Darkone
Ensign
Ensign

Re: WAR FOR THE GRAIL - Part 1: World Of Origin

Post by Darkone »

B) Somewhere off the grid and easy to defend.

The masters have shown that other people are no protection against overt action, so let's get the fuck out of dodge and let Assassin do covert surveillance from a distance until we have an idea of where another master might be.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

There was a new post just before the roll-over to this new page, for anyone who missed it.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Latooni
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Latooni »

B. Assassin obviously specializes in both covert surveillance and hit-and-run attacks, we need to conceal our location and start to do some research.
Last edited by Latooni on Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

The absolute answer would be B. Still, if we can't anything that matches B we can go for C...
Quite frankly I wonder why I ever began making ships for this. You see, my work never becomes quite as good as I feel it deserves to.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

C, you're sneaky, she's sneaky, be sneaky and stuff.
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

C/B Like said, survailence for now.
Deus Est Mechanicus

Owner of 'The Novian Empire', a Delphinius Gulf Wars faction.
Fleet Version 1.8 is finally available for download!
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7081
Latooni
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Latooni »

We also need to have a discussion with Assassin about our strategy moving forward, find out her combat techniques and how to maximize their usefulness.
Anna

Post by Anna »

"We need to find somewhere off the grid where we can lay low. Preferably an abandoned or unpopulated area that's easy to defend. From there, we can sort out a plan of action." I tell her.

Assassin seems to like that idea, her head tilting in a manner I've come to interpret as her adopting a thoughtful expression, "There are a few such places between here and Taron, based on the geographical records I... appropriated from the AIM's archives."

The tone of her voice when she talks about how she stole something or got some piece of information she wasn't meant to amuses me. She sounds so pleased with herself, like she's celebrating her own actions and seeking approval for them. Or perhaps she's just proud of her accomplishments.

"I know Galahad said that you're an AI that's just adopted the personality of a mythical figure, but you seem awfully... cheerful about your acts of thievery. And I can't say I can think of any mythological figure who you might be." I remark.

"Hah, well... sometimes that software is faulty. But anyway, I am proud. Snooping and sneaking and stealing stuff is what I'm good at. Always has been." She points out, "I mean... there are other things I'm good at too, but... well, nevermind."

I shrug, and she starts to walk, presumably with some destination in mind. I move to follow her, taking out the sidearm that Galahad had given me and checking it over. Hopefully, now that I have the sniper rifle, I won't need to use it, but still, it's always a good idea to have a reserve. And it's a good weapon, it turns out, an old Terra-Nova Colonies A54 Bolt-Jammer. An accurate, high-powered laser pistol that was designed during the Synthetic Rebellion of 2410 and has remained popular since then thanks to its sleek design aesthetic, reliable firing mechanism and high stopping power. It might have a low rate of fire, but it definitely packs a punch.

Well, at least Galahad picked a decent side-arm for me. There are much worse weapons I could have been stuck with. I tuck it into my holster and start checking over my rifle, when Assassin speaks up.

"So, you don't want to tell me your wish. Fine, I get that, I suppose." She tells me, turning her head to look right at me with those faintly glowing eyes of hers, "But still, I think if we're going to be working together, I should know more about you. How do you prefer to operate, for example? Do you have experience in combat? In killing?"

"Experience enough." I reply with a small shrug, "Technically in the Colonial Navy I have the rank of Lieutenant. Officer, you know? Meant to be giving orders and sorting out details. But I generally work solo. Stealth ops, assassinations, some spying. I'm more Intelligence Operative than military."

"Ahh. So our tactics are well suited to each other, then." Assassin murmurs.

"It would seem so. Are civilian casualties a concern to you, Assassin?" I figure I might as well play along with this 'getting-to-know-you' routine.

"Well, I'd like to avoid them... I don't generally like killing, but..."

"But if it's necessary to get something you want, then sometimes that's acceptable, right?" I ask her.

She seems to flinch, tilting her head away, "Damn, you make it sound so dirty..."

"I guess, but honestly... well, I sort of understand that perspective. It's not nice, and it's not pretty, and I wish it didn't have to be that way, but sometimes people need to die so other people can thrive." I shrug.

Assassin remains silent after that, seeming content to say nothing. It's hours before we come to a halt in what is apparently the middle of nowhere. Assassin taps her foot on the ground and turns her head left and right, looking at our surroundings. There's not much to see. It honestly seems like every other sand-dune we'd crossed on our path through the desert. The sun is low on the horizon, tinting our surroundings a deep, dark shade of red.

"Well, this is troubling, but I suppose it shouldn't be surprising." Assassin murmurs, "If I thought this would make a good base of operations, it makes sense that someone else would think the same thing."

That gets my attention, "Huh? What do you mean, Assassin?"

"There's a bunker under here. Hidden. Old. Abandoned. Pretty roomy, too. I thought it'd be a good place to work out of, but I'm sensing another Servant. Not Saber or Berserker. One of the others we haven't seen yet." She comments.

"Hm... well, that's interesting. We could..."

A) Take them by surprise and kill them right here. They'd never see us coming.
B) Sneak in and snoop about. Any security systems would be easy enough for Assassin to bypass, after all.
C) Move away to a safe distance and make a plan before committing to anything.
D) Move on to a different location. We don't want to engage in conflict just yet.
E) Other
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Latooni
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Latooni »

B, but gear up and prepare for A. I think it's time for some artful applications of violence.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Latooni wrote:B, but gear up and prepare for A. I think it's time for some artful applications of violence.
Voting for this as well.
Siber
Captain
Captain

Post by Siber »

Latooni's plan of action seems sound to me, I second it.
seriously Anna. seriously oh my gawd seriously.

Author of DAF and Sillyness
Co-founder Homeworld:@
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

I, Was thinking exactly that /\
Deus Est Mechanicus

Owner of 'The Novian Empire', a Delphinius Gulf Wars faction.
Fleet Version 1.8 is finally available for download!
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7081
Anna

Post by Anna »

Not many responses to this, though all the ones I've gotten so far have been unanimous. Might wait until tomorrow to write an update and hope for most replies between now any then.
Quality Control Enforcer
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

What everyone else said.
naysayers will be shot
Lukasmah
Commodore
Commodore