WAR FOR THE GRAIL - Part 1: World Of Origin

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Siber
Captain
Captain

Re: WAR FOR THE GRAIL - Part 1: World Of Origin

Post by Siber »

After much deliberation I'm going to vote B. But it bears noting that Galahad is included in "everyone", and he's the only one who seems to be in direct mortal peril right now.
seriously Anna. seriously oh my gawd seriously.

Author of DAF and Sillyness
Co-founder Homeworld:@
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

A, save yo bro
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

B
Keystrokes
Deus Est Mechanicus

Owner of 'The Novian Empire', a Delphinius Gulf Wars faction.
Fleet Version 1.8 is finally available for download!
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7081
STARSTRUCK

Post by STARSTRUCK »

A

Rescue ye comrade!
Ristyo
Captain
Captain

Post by Ristyo »

A, so maybe together we can save everyone else.
The Comerlian Family

Dammit, didn't realize Starsector is really hard.
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

Voting A because that means destroying the giant robot and therefore saving everyone/everything else. Maybe his arm explodes but at least he'll save the day xD
Quite frankly I wonder why I ever began making ships for this. You see, my work never becomes quite as good as I feel it deserves to.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

-Desert- wrote:Voting A because that means destroying the giant robot and therefore saving everyone/everything else. Maybe his arm explodes but at least he'll save the day xD
She. Marion is a girl, with a girl's name.

Update coming in a few hours.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

I need to save Galahad, no matter what it takes. He's my older brother. He's the only family I've ever had. Giant robot or not, I'm going to save him.

I start to run towards him. There are twenty meters between us. The massive robot - Berserker - turns one glowing eye towards me, continuing to bear down with its massive, axe-like sword down on him, overwhelming that vortex of purple light that he's somehow projecting from his arm, slowly pushing downwards.

Fuck! That sword is bigger than the fucking train car we were in. How do I help him!?

I clutch at my arm as another burst of purple light spits from the electronics that have erupted from my flesh, gritting my teeth to stop myself from crying out.

I'm almost there and Galahad turns his head to stare at me in disbelief, "I told you to run!"

I can barely hear him over the roaring of Berserker and the storm of power that Galahad is projecting his arm. His face is red and strained, dripping with sweat and streaked with tears. He's trying to sacrifice himself to save me. I can see that. He's angry at me for not running. But how could I just leave him here to die?

Reaching his side, all I can manage to offer him in response is a shake of my head, and then my own arm rises.

"How do I do this!?" I demand, not of Galahad but that mechanical voice that's been speaking to me.

SHAPED, LOCALISED, FOCUSED E.M. FIELD. FOCUS AND PROJECT OUTPUT OF ORIGINATOR CIRCUITS. I WILL DO THE REST.

I don't stop to question it, grabbing Galahad's free hand and holding it tight, I thrust my right arm into the air next to his, closing my eyes, focusing on that burning purple light that seems to be scorching my arm off, attempting to will it outside of myself, to join that barrier that Galahad had made. A violent vortex of purple light burst from my palm, joining Galahad's, and through that swirl of energy I see the giant sword pushed back.

My ears are filled with the sounds of screaming, and it takes me a moment to figure out that the screams are my own, a reaction to the blinding pain that feeds back through my arm. I clutch Galahad's hand tighter, hear him gasp in shock and turn my eyes to follow his gaze. My right arm.

PRIMARY ORIGINATOR CIRCUITS FAILING. ENERGY OUTPUT EXCEEDING 450%. LIMITERS FAILING. FAIL-SAFES INACTIVE.

He's staring at my right arm, from which I'm projecting that vortex of purple light. It only takes a glance to tell what's wrong. My skin is burning, melting and shredding off, muscles tearing away, sparks of energy spitting from the cybernetics within. PRIMARY CIRCUITS FAILING. ATTEMPTING FORCED SHUTDOWN. Coils of cable and wire are moving to replace the shredded muscles and skin, metallic plates fitting into place to protect my joints. SHUTDOWN FAILED. ATTEMPTING FORCED ACTIVATION OF SECONDARY AND TERTIARY CIRCUITS TO COMPENSATE. But I can tell even that is just a stop-gap measure - albeit one I had been ignorant of until now - those slap-dash repairs my body is making are quickly failing and being torn apart once again.

SECONDARY CIRCUIT ACTIVATION, FAILED.

But in the end, none of that matters. If the energy that's inside of me is still enough to tear my arm to pieces, then that means I can output more. And Galahad is still getting weaker, less light coming from his arm, his tall frame looking like it might soon collapse. If I don't save him now, it could be too late.

TERTIARY CIRCUIT ACTIVATION, FAILED.

Gripping his wrist with my left hand, I shove him away without warning. The force of my shove surprises even me, and he goes flying, far away from the wreckage of our train car. He manages to catch himself and land on his feet, but he's too far away to get back here in time. Berserker pulls its sword back, the mechanical giant over ten times my height roaring and smashing its weapon down for a third time, no doubt hoping to utterly destroy its target with this final blow.

OVERLOAD IMMINENT.

Closing my eyes, I take a deep breath and I let it out. With it, I let out all the light within me. My arm goes white, and then everything else does. Wind whips through my hair, a storm rages. My arm is gone, and I'm falling. Berserker is roaring, its sword smashing around me, the sound of shredding metal becoming louder even than the storm, but he can't hit me anymore, because I'm flying.

I'm flying.

"Heh. Jeez, if you wanted to summon me so badly, you should have just asked. So, you must be my Master."

A female voice speaks to me, filled with amusement. Coughing and gasping and blinded with pain, it's hard to see at first just what's before me, but when I do...

It... she is carrying me. I'm cradled in her left arm as she, this giant robot - nearly half the size of the one that nearly killed me - flies high above Berserker and the wreckage of the v-train.

What...?

This is...

A) Scream
B) Demand answers
C) Tell Assassin to rescue Galahad
D) Tell Assassin to attack Berserker
E) Rest and trust Assassin
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
natan_j
Commander
Commander

Post by natan_j »

C'mon now, gotta finish savin' your brother.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2267]Ships of the Imperial Tul'tharian Navy.[/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2878]Minifleet Project.[/url]
STARSTRUCK

Post by STARSTRUCK »

Look guys, we've summoned a giant assassin robot. Let's zip down there, swap out Galahad with one of those straw ninja decoys, then back the fuck off like ultraspeedstyle before 'Zerker murders us. It's clearly a bad idea to directly confront this thing, we'll figure out how to stab it in the dick later-ish.
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

I think Startstuck is right. Better find out how to kill 100 of those than to kill this one and die along with it.
Quite frankly I wonder why I ever began making ships for this. You see, my work never becomes quite as good as I feel it deserves to.
Ristyo
Captain
Captain

Post by Ristyo »

I vote for C
The Comerlian Family

Dammit, didn't realize Starsector is really hard.
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

D,tell it to kill the bugger!
Deus Est Mechanicus

Owner of 'The Novian Empire', a Delphinius Gulf Wars faction.
Fleet Version 1.8 is finally available for download!
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7081
Lukasmah
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Lukasmah »

C, for the reasons mentioned above.
"Quotes posted on the internet are hard to verify."
-Abraham Lincoln
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

A is not mutually exclusive with anything, so it should be happening while you're attempting C.
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.