The Spore Game -- species A

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

flabort
Captain
Captain

Re: The Spore Game -- species A

Post by flabort »

You fire your slime jets at the patch of ground, momentarily anchoring to the plants for stability. It seams it was indeed a large herbivore... Which is now really angry, judging by the way it is suddenly brimming with nasty looking spikes. Very nasty, barbed, shining gold spikes.
It's definitely not camouflaged now, with those spikes. It's probably visible from... a... Well, you don't know what a mile is, but a "mile away".
The herbivore has a nice shaped hole in it's side, now, coated with your slime, so it's poisoned. This means it will be unable to perceive much, for the time being. However, it knew where you were, and charges at you... successfully goring two midgets in it's way on it's spikes, but missing you.
Seeing that things are about to get violent, suddenly all the midgets then flee. The speedy ones even burrow completely into the ground, leaving no trace of their presence.

you have 4 hp
you have 4 stomach
you have 16 DNA
Flaming Leaches And Beetles On Rye Toast... my name is an acronym...
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Let's finish it off (stay out of range using our slime jets) while keeping as much of it untainted as possible then feast. When that's done see if we can examine where the midgets burrowed or see them come back up. Might let us figure out how they did it so fast.
adelbert60
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by adelbert60 »

Bad Boy wrote:Let's finish it off (stay out of range using our slime jets) while keeping as much of it untainted as possible then feast. When that's done see if we can examine where the midgets burrowed or see them come back up. Might let us figure out how they did it so fast.
i totally agree with that.
ThirdEmperor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ThirdEmperor »

Agreed. Kill it while leaving as much meat untainted as possible, and if it gets close, release whatever we're anchored to and hurl ourselves out of the way with a slime blast.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Does our own poison harm us?
Snake poison doesn't harm the snake, so long as it enters through the stomach, I would assume we have something similar in place?
Just blast it straight in the face if we can avoid our own poison, else try to blast it without tainting the meat too much.
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

(Yes, you are safe from your own poison. But not from another cell's, even from your own species)
You continue to fire your slimy jets at the cell, trying to kill it. It seems, however, that it's membrane is turning aside your jets now. It seems not only it's spikes are retractable. It also appears to have a shell made of some sort of... Black material? Whatever it is, it's strong enough that you can't break through at all. And even though it's charging blindly, and missing, it also appears that due to it's large size, it's more hardy than other cells you've met.

It does manage to get really close once, and you jet away, avoiding getting hit by those spikes. You also manage, once, to make a scratch in it's armor, but you don't manage to actually hurt it at all.

you have 4 hp
you have 2 stomach
you have 16 DNA
adelbert60
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by adelbert60 »

let him come close and than use a full power shot. when not dead (either one of us) repeat.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Is the hole we made initially still exposed? I say ram it full speed, wedge ourselves into the hole our first shot made, and do a full power jet blast.

Eat something first though in case we get hit. If the spikes are blocking the hole we obviously shouldn't attempt to charge it, but does it have eyes or other exposed areas like a mouth?
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Jwa's onto it, eat a few bits of plant, while dodging it as best we can, the try to wedge ourself into its hole, if its still there.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Worth a shot though he said the shell is retractable, which might mean it's covering wherever the hole was. If the hole thing is useless I guess try and aim for its face or its underside while staying far away from it.
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

You swim around, looking for a weak point in the armor, a gap in the spikes. Finally, you spot one. The beast retracts a plate, revealing a set of eyes near it's underside previously covered, making it obvious that your poison has worn off. You fire your slime jets at it's face, again clinging onto plants for stability, and taking a few bites while you're at it (3 DNA).
You obviously get a direct hit, but it also has superior reflexes, as after the slime clears, it draws the plate back again, revealing that it'd blocked on time. It then makes a charge at you, leaving you little time to get out of the way, and less maneuvering room. You successfully dodge it, but wind up getting stuck in some plants. You fire your slime jets again, partially to cut your way out of the plants, and partially to try and get passed the cell's defenses again. And again, it imposes one of those retractable plates in the way.

you have 4 hp
you have 5 stomach
you have 19 DNA
ThirdEmperor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ThirdEmperor »

Continue to use our slime jets to dodge, while constantly moving around it, so it has to leave it's eyes unarmored in order to tell where we are. Moment it does lower it's guard, slime blast to the eyeballs.
adelbert60
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by adelbert60 »

flabort wrote:
You also manage, once, to make a scratch in it's armor, but you don't manage to actually hurt it at all.
so let him get close and blast him with a full powerblast at his eye's.
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

Today's update will come later today...
I have a heavy workload today, so only after school will I be able to update. Sorry, and thank you for understanding.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

ThirdEmperor wrote:Continue to use our slime jets to dodge, while constantly moving around it, so it has to leave it's eyes unarmored in order to tell where we are. Moment it does lower it's guard, slime blast to the eyeballs.
Going with this not adelbert's because getting close to a large, armored, spiked creature when we excel at range strikes me as poorly thought out. Keep at him, eat when necessary and avoid his spiky bits. Even if it becomes a battle of attrition we'll win it as long as he can't land a hit.