Doppleganger Damacy - Exalted

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Doppleganger Damacy - Exalted

Post by Droid »

I was under the impression that we basically take his memories anyway. If not, OH SHIT....

Take either Double-Jointed, Dex 4, or Larceny 2... I don't know...

Lay low for a bit but gather info such as what's going on in town. Consult investigator's memories (if possible), thenstart investigating, but keep a low profile.
Also keep a close eye on our pet girl.
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

Dex 4 and enchanting features, dammit.
We're going to seduce the SHIT out of the world.
Also can we go eat that librarian now, the watch is probably looking for their missing member. :D
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Droid wrote:I was under the impression that we basically take his memories anyway. If not, OH SHIT....
This is what I get for not explaining shit properly I guess. Stupid me.

Pay Attention, Everyone!
Okay, absorbing all of someone's memories requires eating their Lore. Even when Lore doesn't show up on the list of options (because the person's Lore score is lower than the Doppleganger's), you can always vote take someone's memories, but it means you have to miss out on a stat choice. Otherwise you just get little bits and pieces of scattered, faded memories.

Likewise, taking someone's Linguistics score will give you their voice, but you can vote take someone's voice even if their Linguistics score doesn't show up as an option on the list, and you can vote take someone's appearance even if their Appearance score doesn't show up on the list.

But none of these things are automatic or free. You need to pass up on a stat choice in order to take any of these things, unless the stat they're tied to is an option you have to choose from.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Verminator
Captain
Captain

Post by Verminator »

Derp.

Let's go after the librarian next. After that, we go after the boss of the guy we just killed.

In the meantime I say we take Dexterity and Enchanting Features.
I have to kill fast and bullets are [i]too slow.[/i]
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Dex and Double Jointed, still say we lay low for awhile, might as well get to know the girl we saved, could be useful, she may have info... or not, at least it would pass time. And we need to see the sort of panic caused by the investigators death before we rush off to cause more.

Panic in populations is proportional to notable deaths per day sort of thing.
=P
STARSTRUCK

Post by STARSTRUCK »

Take Dex 4 and Enchanting Features.

Keep a low profile for now. In the mean time, let's go home and share a tender moment with Lindel.
adelbert60
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by adelbert60 »

First, try to find a mortician and kill him/her take the appearance and 'mind' of the mortician and of course the clothing. After that put some poison in the food of the Liberian. Wait until he is dead. Enter the building and 'discover' that he just died. Because you look like a mortician you can take him away without drawing supposition to you.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

Dex and enchanted features

Go into town and see if people know about the investigator. If they do, start a rumour about how the bad guy had killed him (if people aren't already thinking that). Don't directly announce it, just drop subtle hints whenever you're speaking about it. If people don't know, don't mention it

Also, keep listerning for information from random people about what their thoughts are on the current situation with the bad guy, we can get a better understanding of what the vibe in the town is, and we can use that to our advantage.

I say don't kill anyone else yet, because the bad guy might be planning to attack soon, and if two separate murders happen at the same time people will know that there are two killers, which will put pressure on us
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
Siber
Captain
Captain

Post by Siber »

Imaillusion wrote:I say don't kill anyone else yet, because the bad guy might be planning to attack soon
Wait, that isn't us?
seriously Anna. seriously oh my gawd seriously.

Author of DAF and Sillyness
Co-founder Homeworld:@
Jokarun
Commander
Commander

Post by Jokarun »

Nah, we aren't a bad person, we just have a little problem with keeping dead people out of our mouth... There is nothing bad about that, right?
I don't know about you; But I generally don't store games in RAM.
~~Take a cookie~~
J.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Siber wrote:
Imaillusion wrote:I say don't kill anyone else yet, because the bad guy might be planning to attack soon
Wait, that isn't us?
Nonsense! We saved a little girl!
Anna

Post by Anna »

Stats gained: Dexterity 4, Enchanting Features Merit

Okay, first...
adelbert60 wrote:First, try to find a mortician and kill him/her take the appearance and 'mind' of the mortician and of course the clothing. After that put some poison in the food of the Liberian. Wait until he is dead. Enter the building and 'discover' that he just died. Because you look like a mortician you can take him away without drawing supposition to you.
Thank you for making my day. :lol: This plan is just completely silly. "Kill and brutally consume this other guy so you can kill the other guy without attracting attention". Nevermind the fact it would require assuming a new identity (thus making our newly rented home kind of difficult to hang on to). How exactly would looking like the Mortician help you sneak in and poison the Librarian's food? And why do you assume that they're just let the Mortician just leave with the corpse? And what doing you mean by "drawing supposition"? I think you mean suspicion. I think. But I can't be sure. Over-all, this is one of the silliest, most contrived plans I've ever heard of.

... Moving on.

You spend the night at home, get a good night's sleep. You spend another day just laying low. You speak with Lindel a little. She's an escaped slave, and doesn't have many practical skills. Rather odd, really. What good is a slave with no skills? You ponder on this, but decide against prying. For some reason, the girl has become rather attached to you.

On the third day, you decide to go out and start investigating. The first stop is a couple of local taverns, where you order a few drinks and absorb the local gossip. As you suspected, the investigator's disappearance was noticed, as was the whore's. The current leading theory among the people of the city is that they were both killed by the mysterious killer that has been terrorising the city. Evidently several more people have gone missing since you killed the Investigator. Close on a dozen. People are getting rather concerned, and the Immaculate Order have gotten involved, sending out a few Monks to hunt down and put an end to the killer.

After that, you go to investigate the sites of the recent murders. You have little trouble passing yourself off as a Private Investigator, and people are generally happy to help anyone who might be able to put an end to these killings. At each murder scene there are a handful of things in common. Faint speckles of blood, large gouges in the walls and on the floors, like the were made with massive claw, and they always occur in locked rooms. Honestly, you're surprised that anyone could confuse these murders with your own, which often are much bloodier, lack the claw marks, and aren't always in locked rooms. But perhaps people just don't want to consider the fact that there are two killers on the loose in their city.

For all these clues, however, you don't find anything that could lead you to where the other killer might be, or where it might strike next. You do learn more of the ins and outs of the city, however, and even make something of a name for yourself among the people, assuring them that you'll put an end to this creature's brutal murders.

You're on your way back home when an Immaculate Monk steps out in front of you. He looks to be somewhere in his mid-thirties, bald and dressed in the raiment of a Monk of the Immaculate Order. He's also large. Surprisingly large, in fact.

"Ah, there you are." He says, staring down at you, "The mysterious Private Investigator. Would you like to come with me? I need to ask you a few questions."
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Anna wrote:the Immaculate Order have gotten involved, sending out a few Monks to hunt down and put an end to the killer.
This === bad for us.
As its already proving...

We can't run, at this range he could possibly get in a good hit, and we can't lead him back to our safe house...
About all we can do is go with him, hope that we don't get led to the other side of the city, and also hope that Alvier shows up. But that's a hope we won't work on.

At the moment what gear do we have with us?
Fairly important in deciding if we "deal" with him, or just talk.

EDIT : Yes I realize that we have the page full of what gear we have, but we can't be carrying it all ATM can we?
Anna

Post by Anna »

Silverware wrote:EDIT : Yes I realize that we have the page full of what gear we have, but we can't be carrying it all ATM can we?
That is a very fair assumption. You're carrying on you the Short Daiklaves, the pair of daggers, your Buff Jacket, a few coins and shit, and have a few vials of venom hidden away.
Quality Control Enforcer
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

This isn't neccesarily a bad situation, but definitely a tricky one.
Go along with it for now, but stay on your guard, because at the first little sign of a trap we get the HELL out of there.
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~