Doppleganger Damacy - Exalted

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Re: Doppleganger Damacy - Exalted

Post by Arcalane »

Müg wrote:I'd like to throw in the fact that even the characters we play in Anna' Exalted game (Solar + Lunar exalts, mostly) would almost definitely get our asses kicked by 4-5 older Immaculate monks.

Seriously, they're badass.
Even the party tank/dps, who can shrug off blows that would instantly kill some of the others, and has more health levels than 2 or 3 of the other party members combined, and can feasibly do enough damage in a single blow to turn one of said party members into kibble... does not relish the thought of facing a single Immaculate Monk. Mostly because I'm not sure how much their power is blown out of proportion and how much of that talk is actually true.

I think we'd get our asses kicked even if most of us were combat-spec'd.

That should give you an idea of how dangerous these guys are.

If for some insane reason we decide to go after these monks, we do the following things:

1) We only go after the new initiates.
2) We only go after them when they are alone.
3) We only take them on if we are absolutely sure we can kick their ass without getting badly injured.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Get the sword, stash it somewhere more acessible for later. Try to find someone who might have investigation skills and eat them, investigate the other blob.

Do not fuck with the immaculates.
Siber
Captain
Captain

Post by Siber »

Retrieve sword, preliminary investigation, avoid immaculate. Sounds good to me.

We could use some virtues to relate to those around us better. Keep an eye out for some nuns or something to murder, dismember, and consume. So we can be a better person.
seriously Anna. seriously oh my gawd seriously.

Author of DAF and Sillyness
Co-founder Homeworld:@
Verminator
Captain
Captain

Post by Verminator »

Yeah, let's go get our big sword, but while doing so keep an eye out for anything unusual / interesting people to nom.

Stay away from the invincible shaolin monks for now.
I have to kill fast and bullets are [i]too slow.[/i]
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Next post won't be for a day or so. Sorry guys. Combination of sleep deprivation and head injuries are not conducive towards being able to write much of anything.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

Any reason why Alvier would 'casually' mention the Immasculate Monks without expounding on how hard they can kick our asses?
Realism, seriously? It's a space ship game. Realism was thrown out the window a long time ago.
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

Squishy wrote:Any reason why Alvier would 'casually' mention the Immasculate Monks without expounding on how hard they can kick our asses?
Solar Exalted and the immaculate order don't really get along.
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

He really doesn't like them so he's telling us we can go kill em if we wanted to (and if we can).
Pretty normal thing to say I feel.
He's just leaving it up to us to figure out which ones we can realistically take on.

But yes, lets get our sword. Go somewhere secluded (ie. Alvier's place) and maybe practice swinging it around.
Maybe test our sword on some forest creature that's good at investigating, and maybe some fluffy bunnies so we can get some virtues too.
With our current investigation skills, I don't think looking around town will get us very far.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Chiiro wrote:Solar Exalted and the immaculate order really don't get along.
FTFY.

The Immaculate Order preach that all Celestial Exalted (namely the Solar and Lunar Exalted) are 'Anathema';
Anathema: The term used by adherents of the Immaculate Order to demonize the Celestial Exalted. According to Immaculate teaching, the Solar, Lunar and Abyssal Exalted are individuals who have become conduits for the power of evil spirits. Their souls forever tainted by dark power, they must be destroyed before they can use that power to destroy Creation. This doctrine is believed almost without question on the Blessed Isle. Although the people under Imperial domination in the Threshold are forced to pay lip service to the Immaculates, few Thresholders accept Immaculate doctrine without question. An individual’s deeds are more likely to determine the reaction there.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Thanks all for your patience. I'm finally feeling better and fully recovered, so let's do this. :D

You decide on the first order of business: Retrieving that amazing sword that you left hidden at the Councillor's home. From what few memories you gleaned from his mind, you know that it's called a Grand Daiklave. Usually none but the Dragon-Blooded or other Exalted could weild a weapon such as that. It may not be the most subtle of weapons, but the raw power of it is worth the lack of subtlety.

It's a short and fairly uneventful trip from Alvier's home to Goodharbor. You keep an eye out for some suitable prey, but unfortunately come up empty-handed. Once you reach the city, you take a round-about route to the Councillor's home and slip back in through the secret entrance that he had set up for his "Advisor", whose form you presently wear.

The home is quiet, and many of the Councillor's belongings appear to have been removed from the premises, but you have the only key to the Vault, so everything in there should still be safe. You make your way down and open the Vault, retrieving your Daiklave and mounting it over one shoulder, savouring the weight of such a powerful weapon. You can lift and swing it easily, though you still need two hands to do so. After gathering a few more things that can be carried off easily -- jewellery, coins and the like -- you turn to leave.

Standing in the middle of the doorway is a figure clad in robes, with a shaven head, fiery red eyes and a serious expression upon his face, "I wasn't aware you were Exalted, Morriah. And yet you carry that weapon so easily." He takes a step forward, "Come with me. Let's talk."

Well, this is quite a situation. What do you do?
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

Go with him, try asking him some simple questions like what he's been up to so we can get an idea of who he is without asking him outright. Obviously he knows the advisor, at least knows of her, we need to level the playing field.
If things go sour, bite first smack with sword later.
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~
Hades
Commander
Commander

Post by Hades »

Chiiro wrote:Go with him, try asking him some simple questions like what he's been up to so we can get an idea of who he is without asking him outright. Obviously he knows the advisor, at least knows of her, we need to level the playing field.
If things go sour, bite first smack with sword later.
Agreed, this sounds good.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

He looks like a monk to me.
But sure, what Chiiro said I guess?
Jokarun
Commander
Commander

Post by Jokarun »

I'm going with Chiiro to here but, when things go sour, I'd consider running instead of fighting.
If everything that I heard about those monks is true, he'd probably kick our asses if we try to fight, because this is probably no initiate...
I don't know about you; But I generally don't store games in RAM.
~~Take a cookie~~
J.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Follow for now, we should be able to out run him if needed, so try to keep a few meters between us.
If shit gets nasty, bite and run, poison will, hopefully, kill him and let us get away easily.
If it comes to swinging the sword I say use it four-handed.
I know in DnD at least you would get a damage bonus for that. =P