A New IRC Based RPG - ACCEPTING NEW PLAYERS

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

A New IRC Based RPG - ACCEPTING NEW PLAYERS

Post by Anna »

Well, guys, I'm starting up yet another Survival Horror/Modern Fantasy roleplay on IRC. I'm posting about it here to attract some members to play. I'm not setting any limits on the number of people I'll allow in, so sign up if you want.

Anyway, onto some plot-type stuff, and character creation:

Firstly, characters submitted need to be fully fleshed out characters. The must have a full name, age, and a detailed physical description. Information on their past, friends and family, their skills and hobbies, any relationships they might have. Personality, fears, quirks. All of this is necessary. The story will be set in the decently sized town of Wainsborough, two years after the original RP. It's a fairly small-sized American/Canadian town (I won't specifically say where it is, as it's not important to the plot. Just assume generic town that's decently sized but miles away from anywhere).

A few guidelines for character creation: No military officers, preferably no police officers, although this can work if you submit a REALLY good character. Ideally, regular civilians will make the best characters, and will be more likely to be accepted. Age can range from thirteen upwards. Your character can be a person from somewhere else, who's passing through Wainsborough, but I'd prefer if at least half the PCs were people who lived in Wainsborough.

If you have any questions, post them here. Characters are to be submitted to me via PM, to limit any meta-gaming from the people who don't know how to separate OOC (Out of character) knowledge from IC (In character) knowledge.

Players:
Siber - Jason Turner
Lizzie - Roxanna McClane
Aralonia - Marie Hawke
<s>DoubleThink - Adi Klausmann</s> - DEADER THAN ELVIS
<s>BoVinE - Bryce Morrow</s> - DEADER THAN THE CHRISTMAS SPIRIT.
Muug - Seolla Andrews
<s>Lightstriker - Noah Selzer</s> - DEADER THAN DISCO
<s>Swamp Fox - John Millson</s> - SO DEAD THAT HE MAKES CORPSES LOOK LIVELY.

Non-player Characters of Note:
Michelle, Seolla's best friend. -- Controlled by me.
Danielle, Miri's clone -- Controlled by me.
Trent Winterbourne -- Controlled by Aralonia
Other positions will be available, if anyone wants to take the reigns of some recurring or regular NPCs.

The first session will be on Friday, at 12:00am GMT. That's 7pm on Thursday, for those of you in Eastern USA, and 11am DST for those few of us in Australia.

So that's:
American EST: 7pm Thursday, 30th of October.
Australian DST: 11am Friday, 31st of October.
GMT: 11pm Thursday, 30th of October.

Remember, this will be a Survival Horror RP set in the modern day. So human characters only, thanks. If you have any questions, you can come onto IRC and join #Wainsborough on irc.rizon.net
Last edited by Anna on Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Anna

Post by Anna »

Okay, guys! The players have worked themselves into a situation where it is possible for more Player Characters to be recruited! This is a rare and uncommon event to say the least, so if anyone wants to sign up, please do so, as I could really use some more characters. If people wanna sign up to play NPCs (which I would assign to you), there will be positions for that open also!

Also, if anyone would like me to start posting the logs, let me know. If there's no interest, I won't bother.

EDIT: Also, the next session should be this Thursday as usual, except apparently that's Thanksgiving in the U.S. of A. So this week there will likely be no session, which means next session will probably be at the usual time, on the 4th of December. Assuming people can make it. They'd better make it.

Or people will DIE.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

template, taken from Muug's

Name:
Height:
Weight:
Assorted physical information: (Hair, eyes, clothes, measurements)
Brief bio: (2 or 3 paragraphs, Miri's was 4)
Skills/Hobbies:
Quirks:
Personality:
Phobias/Fears:
Equipment:
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

Seraph, can you do the logs? I need to know what I've missed.
Forgetting internet deadlines since 2003
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

HERE'S AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT A CHARACTER SHEET SHOULD LOOK LIKE

Name: Trent Winterbourne
Height: 176cm (69.29 in)
Weight: 11 stone (69.85 kg or 154 lb)

=Assorted physical information:
Very dark brown hair. Shaped excessively similarly to David Tennant's hair as the Tenth Doctor.
Blue eyes, though not light blue or deep blue. Highly average, as far as blue eyes go.
A bit lanky build. While he's a tad underweight, all of that is bone, sadly. He has little muscle mass. Very lean, too - so he gets cold easily. Poor fucker.
Not a really pronounced squarish jaw, but kinda roundish at the bottom.
Hands are averagely sized. He hasn't done a lot of physical work, though, so strength might be low. Dexterity is high, however, from typing far too bloody much.
Shoe size is 8.5 US, 8 UK. Prefers rather dressy shoes - Mephisto is his preferred brand, actually. Looks good, good for walking, hardy shoe.
Tends to wear long-sleeved button-down shirts, soft cotton, as well as zip-off cargo pants, and a vest. Really kinda dressy clothes that are also comfortable to move on, as hard as it is to believe.
Shitty runner.

--

=Brief bio:
Trent Winterbourne was born at the tender age of 0 days on 29th January 199x to two loving parents who tragically are not yet dead. "Tragically" because they happen to be the ugliest bloody human beings that Trent had ever met to this point. However, they're nice and loving people and wouldn't mind having him home for Christmas, and are very sad about him deciding to live in the dorms at Wainsborough Community Collegiate Environment.
He's the embodiment of the middle-class American boy - well-off, wears rather nice clothes, but yet saves up a bit and tries to make the best of what else he has. As long as he looks moderately decent and as long as everything else he has is moderately decent, and as long as his debit card has a boatload of cash on it that he won't use, he'll be okay. As a result, he went to a nice middle school with a graduating class of 40 students, a high school with a graduating class of 140 students, and now... goes to community college.
It's not his fault he decided to be a sort of a loner. He just didn't like any of the cliques at his school. Drama kids were too boring, language kids were too boring, everything was too boring. He went on every school trip and drew a hell of a lot and wrote a hell of a lot, but never really clicked with anyone. Maybe a few people he met in some of his classes, but those were probably year-only friendships. Anything longer than that would be people seeing this loner as an enigmatic figure, and wanting to know more for only shallow, personal gain. As a result, nobody really kept him in check and he got out of high school with a 2.76 GPA, barely passing, but really below what he should be doing.
The only interesting person he ever met during his time at his high school was a girl that he once met, while in Wainsborough on a school trip, with a lot of imagination. However, she disappeared by the two years that it took him to get to possibly see her again at the community college. "She probably moved away," he thinks.
He tends to keep his emotions on the inside as a result, only showing them to excessively interesting people. If you're nice enough to him, maybe he'll draw something for you. He's technically minded, though - he'll draw amazing guns and ammo and give wonderful diagrams of anything, but his humans look like cardboard boxes.

--

=Skills/Hobbies:
He doesn't play a lot of video games - mostly hack-and-slash RPGs and the like. Maybe a few shooting games. Not the type to play much, though.
He draws technical diagrams. Went over that above.
Also has tossed out a lot of writing on the Internet that hasn't gotten many good reviews, mostly for having cardboard cutout characters.
Doesn't really do much in the way of sports - goes golfing alone every once in a while? Nobody plays golf anymore anyways. He was considering starting up cricket, too.
He shoots. Not real guns, mind you, but he started developing a large amount of home-modified Nerf guns for no reason whatsoever.

--

=Quirks:
Speaks in a British accent, albeit living in America. Too much television.
Doesn't talk much, sadly. When he does, though, expect long-winded explanations.
Has a bad ankle, for no reason except for I want him to hobble.
Every once in a while, he'll check his pockets for random items.
Might start randomly writing on his notepad if he has an idea.
Or randomly draws on anything using dry-erase markers.

--

=Personality:
Solitary. Really, he's kinda lonely, and would like to get to know people better, but he just... doesn't handle people well. Otherwise, he's slightly intelligent and a jack of all trades, master of none.

--

Phobias/Fears:
Let's see - getting stuck in a room with lots of terrible people. Getting stuck in a room with a single person he doesn't know. The unknown of people in general.

--

Equipment:
2 pens
2 whiteboard/dryerase markers
A notepad
PDA phone - Palm Centro, to be exact
Notepad
A digital wristwatch
A normal wristwatch - one on each wrist, for "weight purposes"
Highly modified Nerf Nite Finder with a range of 65 feet - not bad for a pistol nerf
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
Anna

Post by Anna »

In dire need of more players, considering I just lost another two today.

XEALMOX, don't even bother.
Quality Control Enforcer
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

Should be "Danielle - Miri's girlfriend/clone" and "Trent Winterbourne - scorned boyfriend"
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

Weird how Thursdays were supposed to work, whereas I could make it last game when it wasn't supposed to. How did I die?
Siber
Captain
Captain

Post by Siber »

Shot by cops, I think.
seriously Anna. seriously oh my gawd seriously.

Author of DAF and Sillyness
Co-founder Homeworld:@
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

Not the worst way out.
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »