Hammelyn & Co. - Because it's fun to rise from the dead.

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Spoot Knight wrote:I want the Flechette...bad...
Unfortunately, it no longer works, due to being made with one of the SM3 Betas. I'll need to rebuild it, at some stage. Same goes for the Deus: It no longer works, but I doubt I will rebuild THAT monstrosity any time soon.

EDIT: Nevermind that. Both of them still work fine. -.- I can give links to the downloads, if you'd like, but neither is as good as my more recent stuff. Anyway, this isn't my thread. Apologies for the derailing.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
ridley4
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by ridley4 »

So eh, what the hell. Latest WIP. Intended size shall dwarf even the likes of the previously-unstoppable Deus. Image
Perturabo
Commander
Commander

Post by Perturabo »

If it's going to be much bigger it seems like the core will be very near the back end.
ridley4
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by ridley4 »

It's following the common steriotype of small inner core craft with the long range guns, outer layer armor/short range weapons. The inner core craft has the majority of the thrusters, two dieterlings, and struts to the outer armor layers.
EDIT: On another note, the only problems I've had with fighting off enemies is thick ablative armor, such as that of Lizzie's low tech fleet. The ablative armor it has actually stands up for more than a split second.
ridley4
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by ridley4 »

Another WIP shot. Comments, damn you all!
Zeron
Captain
Captain

Post by Zeron »

Great looking Hestia remake!

Also, the curves are kind of bad.
Fade-in,fade-out
Spoot Knight
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: In the Vega star system, monitoring UCM defense movement.

Post by Spoot Knight »

Anna wrote:
Spoot Knight wrote:I want the Flechette...bad...
Unfortunately, it no longer works, due to being made with one of the SM3 Betas. I'll need to rebuild it, at some stage. Same goes for the Deus: It no longer works, but I doubt I will rebuild THAT monstrosity any time soon.

EDIT: Nevermind that. Both of them still work fine. -.- I can give links to the downloads, if you'd like, but neither is as good as my more recent stuff. Anyway, this isn't my thread. Apologies for the derailing.
The Flechette is something I'd like to see a Mk II variant of, considering how you've also gotten even better at blending parts together.
The United Commonwealth Military and Spootech Industries joint fleet.
[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l223/SpootKnight/Spootech/av-1.gif[/img]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1854]Spootech Industries - The Third Revision, upgrading to the Fourth Revision.[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2273]How Spootech Industries came to be as it is now; the history of Spootech Industries ship making.[/url]
Tsakara
Captain
Captain

Post by Tsakara »

Zeron wrote:Great looking Hestia remake!

I fail to see the Hestia in there
Anarki
BANNED

Post by Anarki »

Zeron wrote:Great looking Hestia remake!

Another failure by Zeron
ridley4
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by ridley4 »

Probably because he noticed I only, until release, keep the name at Hestia, unless some unmistakably awesome name comes to mind. Furthermore you'll notice why the ship's only weakness truely is ships with ablative armor. Certainly, it has all the guns, impenetrable interception that makes rave parties pale in comparison, but it relies too much on quality over quantity. The main component of all the interception lies in two point defense lasers.

So far, the armaments:
8 railguns, std.
4 gatling railguns, 100 dmg, 20 dmg/peice. fires 3 rounds in rapid succession before cooldown.
6 gatling pulse. fires more or less a beam of pulse rounds. meant more than anything for internal defense from anything that's in a bad position for it to be destroyed. (ie: inside it)
20 flak decoy "spear" Missile launchers. (5x5=25 missles x10dmg =250 dmg)
96 deflector shields (350~ peices, so don't give me flak about it.)
2 booster modules(Used to make the horrendously powerful pair of beamers actually able to fire more than once every year)
4 quad blasters
8 point lasers
2 horribly powerful flak cannons
2 tactical nuke launchers (each fires a volley of 3. 500 radius.
8 normal demeters
1 OGODWAT demeter launcher. 20 every 1800 frames. Each gives a horrendous wall of fire.
2 deiterlings
2 gat blasters
6 scatter lasers
Spoot Knight
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: In the Vega star system, monitoring UCM defense movement.

Post by Spoot Knight »

16 deflectors on my largest ships (350+) would still render it impervious to any attack brought upon it, now 96?? good god man.
The United Commonwealth Military and Spootech Industries joint fleet.
[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l223/SpootKnight/Spootech/av-1.gif[/img]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1854]Spootech Industries - The Third Revision, upgrading to the Fourth Revision.[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2273]How Spootech Industries came to be as it is now; the history of Spootech Industries ship making.[/url]
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

96 deflectors, lets see, that covers about 27% of a HUGE 350 PIECE ship, sounds insanely haxed to me. That can probably just about cover all the sides or, if you manage to damage parts behind the front (or whatever side's under attack), there'll always be a stupid amount of deflectors to cover the other parts. Also, your deflectors can alternate thus effectively never ending. I think you deserve flak for this.
ridley4
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by ridley4 »

It has a LOT of small pecies and overlapping peices. Let me show you an example of how much 96 can do.
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

And that doesn't concern you? Besides, they'll deflect smarter if it is attacked from multiple sides.
Office hours: 12:30-2:00 PST M-F, in #BSF.
ridley4
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by ridley4 »

There's more peices outside than there are deflectors. I intend to face it off against ships that are at the least five times as large as it is. It's main armament can rip through a deus if given the chance.