XS fleet, fleet of ever morphing ships.

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

AssassinVrxz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by AssassinVrxz »

25000st wrote:Ships need more flow. Also, if you can tell the difference between darker shades, try simulating depth by making sections that are supposed to be lower, darker. Section usage isn't too bad in some places but in some places it is choppy. This mainly occurs due to awkward angles created when two or more sections are viewed together.
I am using Anna's sprites, as i find they fit my style perfectly.
Btw, it's SWA/TSA sprites.
i know it sounds stupid... but if you look at them, you can see how many parts integrate together. i had somebody somewhere who was going to help me color, but ill wait for me to remember whom... but ok.
AssassinVrxz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by AssassinVrxz »

AssassinVrxz wrote:
25000st wrote:Ships need more flow. Also, if you can tell the difference between darker shades, try simulating depth by making sections that are supposed to be lower, darker. Section usage isn't too bad in some places but in some places it is choppy. This mainly occurs due to awkward angles created when two or more sections are viewed together.
I am using Anna's sprites, as i find they fit my style perfectly.
Btw, it's SWA/TSA sprites.
i know it sounds stupid... but if you look at them, you can see how many parts integrate together. i had somebody somewhere who was going to help me color, but ill wait for me to remember whom... but ok.
alright. i have kindof upgraded the uniqueness on the ship. its supposed to look od for you beauty freaks. i don't like beauty. i leave the sentient bs for my wife. i like mean killing machines, and this is a good example of one. it just doesn't look happy... does it?

XS-2 Clesetta

yes i was going for origionality, so you know... duh.
:P
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

That last ship is simply too cluttered. Literally. I know you want a "mean killing machine", but that ship simply confuses me :?

However, I reckon that if you take that back half of the ship, from the end to where the ship is its skinniest, and mod it a bit, you could make a ship out of that
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
AssassinVrxz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by AssassinVrxz »

Imaillusion wrote:That last ship is simply too cluttered. Literally. I know you want a "mean killing machine", but that ship simply confuses me :?

However, I reckon that if you take that back half of the ship, from the end to where the ship is its skinniest, and mod it a bit, you could make a ship out of that
i made them cluttered on purpose. there supposed to look "junky" so to speak. that would be the theme... of all of them...
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

apart from the fact that the front and back are totally out of proportion i like it. it's a bit cluttered but the style is original and it looks, well, scary...

now give it some beefy engine sections to push it along!
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
AssassinVrxz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by AssassinVrxz »

vidboi wrote:apart from the fact that the front and back are totally out of proportion i like it. it's a bit cluttered but the style is original and it looks, well, scary...

now give it some beefy engine sections to push it along!
lol thanks. the back side is smaller on purpose, its purpose is to smash through ships, and it looks quite capable of doing so. the front in opens and closes and *bites* and other great stuff, spikes retract and get larger and the back end morphs a bit aswell
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

nice, but i still think it needs some hench engines :D
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

Well, there is stylistic junky (namely WH40K Orcs), but this is just a jumble. Some interesting effects going on with the spikes, but the rest is just a mess of TSA sprites. The center was looking pretty good 2-3 sprites out, but the front two arms are just cluttered.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
AssassinVrxz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by AssassinVrxz »

LactoseTolerant wrote:Well, there is stylistic junky (namely WH40K Orcs), but this is just a jumble. Some interesting effects going on with the spikes, but the rest is just a mess of TSA sprites. The center was looking pretty good 2-3 sprites out, but the front two arms are just cluttered.
yess.. my goal has been achieved. its SUPPOSSED to look like a mess hahaha. thats the goal. XD knowing that, how do you think of it?
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

AssassinVrxz wrote:
LactoseTolerant wrote:Well, there is stylistic junky (namely WH40K Orcs), but this is just a jumble. Some interesting effects going on with the spikes, but the rest is just a mess of TSA sprites. The center was looking pretty good 2-3 sprites out, but the front two arms are just cluttered.
yess.. my goal has been achieved. its SUPPOSSED to look like a mess hahaha. thats the goal. XD knowing that, how do you think of it?
Well, I guess you succeed if that was your goal. I really can't rate it much better as in my whole time at Wyrd, i've had the concept of "clutter is bad" ground into my head :| .
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
AssassinVrxz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by AssassinVrxz »

LactoseTolerant wrote:
AssassinVrxz wrote:
Well, I guess you succeed if that was your goal. I really can't rate it much better as in my whole time at Wyrd, i've had the concept of "clutter is bad" ground into my head :| .
lol XD. well its 8 consecutive hours of purposefull clutter. you have no idea how hard it is to make clutter good. oh my god. shoot me. and i had work the next day T.T
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

There is no such thing as "good-looking clutter". :|
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

Arcalane wrote:There is no such thing as "good-looking clutter". :|
My hair has a tendancy to look good when it's all messy. D':

But yeah, this isn't really a case of good clutter.
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~
AssassinVrxz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by AssassinVrxz »

like i said, its difficult.
and im still pefecting a way to make this hunk-o-junk style look great. just wait. and, its not made for stillview shots, everything has a movement, and i can't download gimp on my work laptop
it makes absolutely no sence without it actuallyin preview mode or in the sandbox. i aplogize. 2d motionless ships are the most boring to me. i hate em. completely
this is what my stile is similar too, happens to have an epic ship, despite in my oppinion how horrible it is.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3309
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

AssassinVrxz wrote:
like i said, its difficult.
No, "good-looking clutter" does not exist. Period. Don't delude yourself. :|
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ