Hazelwooders Ground Units : download added (yes it will lag)

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

god froggy
Commander
Commander

Post by god froggy »

Also when you're doing it on sandbox put an orange small planet in the middle of the map and set it's size to 10. It covers all the map except the corners and makes it look like ground.
SO I HERD U LIEK NOOBZ!?
hazelwooder
Commander
Commander

Post by hazelwooder »

god froggy wrote:Also when you're doing it on sandbox put an orange small planet in the middle of the map and set it's size to 10. It covers all the map except the corners and makes it look like ground.
lol i have been trying loads of combinations of planets to get the right one for ground, thanks i will try this one out, just tested around 15 works better because it fills the whole map.
hazelwooder
Commander
Commander

Post by hazelwooder »

this is what i have been working on and the reason i was having trouble with ship deployers, i present to you my Barracks.

the radar spins and it has 4 ship deployers (base stats so 2 ships each)

the 2 green lights deploy Light Infantry
the red light deploys Advanced Anti-Tank Infantry
and the orange light deploys Advanced Heavy Infantry.

the building itself has 4 light machine guns = 50 DPS each

i will upload another video
hazelwooder
Commander
Commander

Post by hazelwooder »

here is a video of the barracks being assaulted (it lost, its not designed to fight off tanks on its own)
* note there are layering errors with some things but thats just because when you have ships jump in it just happens

Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

Now you're REALLY getting somewhere with this, keep up the good work and dish out more great stuff!
Personally I'd really like to see some sort of opposing faction, seeing as your work so far is pretty uniformly in the same style.
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~
hazelwooder
Commander
Commander

Post by hazelwooder »

Chiiro wrote:Now you're REALLY getting somewhere with this, keep up the good work and dish out more great stuff!
Personally I'd really like to see some sort of opposing faction, seeing as your work so far is pretty uniformly in the same style.
yeah thats the idea i think im going to use the same structures though just change the colours of them. but im going to try making seperate tanks/units for the opposing faction.

if you liked the barracks you will love my next project, its almost finished just need to tweak it abit
god froggy
Commander
Commander

Post by god froggy »

yeah, as said before, you're doing great. You could try helicopters next, they'd be a good idea. Will there ever be download? they're amazing...

oh and with the bubble shield on the barracks, you should use the one which is completley opaque (as supposed to an outline), set it's alpha to about 0.2 and give it a fake aegis. It will look better.
SO I HERD U LIEK NOOBZ!?
hazelwooder
Commander
Commander

Post by hazelwooder »

god froggy wrote:yeah, as said before, you're doing great. You could try helicopters next, they'd be a good idea. Will there ever be download? they're amazing...

oh and with the bubble shield on the barracks, you should use the one which is completley opaque (as supposed to an outline), set it's alpha to about 0.2 and give it a fake aegis. It will look better.

helicopters, hmmm i didnt think of that i have just been thinking of other ideas for tanks prehaps when i get afew more tanks done i will start making a helicopter actually. as for the download im not putting it up yet im going to get the faction done first, so afew more tanks i think. but yes i will make a download.

i will try out that sheild then, see how it goes. thanks
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

I did something like this quite a while back (before ship deployers and the new weapons and sections), but never uploaded it because I couldn't finish the missions properly due to the limited encounter maker. If you'd like I could upload it (with the old version of bsf needed to run it) as inspiration or the like.

Anyway, this is coming along nicely, do you plan to make missions?
hazelwooder
Commander
Commander

Post by hazelwooder »

Bad Boy wrote:I did something like this quite a while back (before ship deployers and the new weapons and sections), but never uploaded it because I couldn't finish the missions properly due to the limited encounter maker. If you'd like I could upload it (with the old version of bsf needed to run it) as inspiration or the like.

Anyway, this is coming along nicely, do you plan to make missions?
you can do if you want but i have loads of ideas atm i had to write them down lol. yes i do plan on making missions using really long thin maps.

something i have tested (its a secret) the AI can't do which is annoying, actually im going to try that again and see if it was a mistake i made

can anyone help me out with this, the top is the error i got and i have to change some 0s in that section to 1s to fix it so i can open the ship.
god froggy wrote:yeah, as said before, you're doing great. You could try helicopters next, they'd be a good idea. Will there ever be download? they're amazing...

i just had a play around with the sheild and i am going to change it but just to a thin outline i think when i have a sheild that covers the ship it ruins the glowing stuff on the ship and you lose some of the detail.
Last edited by hazelwooder on Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
god froggy
Commander
Commander

Post by god froggy »

Yes I've just made a helicopter, even though it's the best thing ever made[/bullshit] I've got the concept right. Trucks and half-tracks? HQs? As for that problem I don't know. Where did you save the file?
SO I HERD U LIEK NOOBZ!?
Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Post by Corporal Jomn »

I love these, keep working on them. Oh, and you're working on a vehicle factory next right?
A gay as fuck girl and loving it.
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
hazelwooder
Commander
Commander

Post by hazelwooder »

Corporal Jomn wrote:I love these, keep working on them. Oh, and you're working on a vehicle factory next right?
yeah after i have made some more tanks.
god froggy
Commander
Commander

Post by god froggy »

Are you basing them on already thought-out ideas? Real world/video game based tanks? Mammoth tank is I know. How many things left in the faction? I WANT download NOW.
SO I HERD U LIEK NOOBZ!?
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Some people need to play more CnC...

Good work on these, not totally original, but well done.
The barracks shield should be a little smaller but everything is coming along nicely.