Pseudo-Chainship! New ship starts on page 4.

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Pseudo-Chainship! New ship starts on page 4.

Post by Anna »

Okay, so we've got the Chainship going, and that has proven to be something of a horrible clusterfuck. Perhaps it can be fixed, perhaps not. This, however, is something similar and yet entirely different. You don't have to sign up to participate. You don't even have to go in any particular order.

There are only three rules:
1) You can only add between 4 and 8 sections on your turn, then you post what you have and let someone else add their own 4 -> 8 sections. I know it will be asked, so yes, you can add eight sections to one side and then mirror it.

2) After posting your own update, you must wait for two more people to make their own additions before making any more.

3) If you remove any sections added by someone else, they count as sections you used. If you remove eight sections, you can't add any. If you remove five, you can add three. And so on. This is to discourage people from erasing other people's work while still allowing for it.

This isn't a rule, but please try not to plan out an "end design" for this with other people. It will be more fun to let it grow out and evolve naturally. Also, please use SW-style sections. If the sections you've used aren't commonly available, please package them in a .zip or .rar. As it stands, everyone should have all of Kaelis's SW-section packs, SWA's section packs, and Squishy's converted CE-sections.

Here's the start:
http://filesmelt.com/downloader/PCS001.zip

Who's next?

EDIT: Please state that you're going before starting work on your additions, then post again once you've done your portion, otherwise we'll have several people working from the same version. First come, first served.
Last edited by Anna on Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

I'll give it a try, this sounds a bit more interesting than the "official" Chainship.
Siber
Captain
Captain

Post by Siber »

Curse, Aidan beat me to the punch
seriously Anna. seriously oh my gawd seriously.

Author of DAF and Sillyness
Co-founder Homeworld:@
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

Siber
Captain
Captain

Post by Siber »

I'm gonna grab this now. Stand by!

Omicron
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Omicron »

Ummm does moving/group moving count as a section?
unless there is something saying that ensigns who have played BSF before can do this without getting a warning I might just sit in the background....
also is this like repeat turns? (ya know like 5 or so people over and over again?)
And I think Aidan has done a good job :)
Siber
Captain
Captain

Post by Siber »

Anna

Post by Anna »

Omicron wrote:Ummm does moving/group moving count as a section?
unless there is something saying that ensigns who have played BSF before can do this without getting a warning I might just sit in the background....
also is this like repeat turns? (ya know like 5 or so people over and over again?)
And I think Aidan has done a good job :)
Moving sections that other people have made would probably also count as adding a section I'd say, yes... But I'll have to think on that. For now, you probably just shouldn't do it.

And it's not repeat turns, no. Anyone can jump in and go, and people who've already made a contribution can make another one, if at least two people have added to the ship since their last contribution.

Anyway, now that Siber's gone, I'll go again. :D
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Anna

Post by Anna »

http://filesmelt.com/downloader/PCS004.zip

Next!

Important notes guys: 1) It's far too early to add any weapons to this ship, so just don't. 2) If you want to add doodads, you can, but they count towards your section usage. 3) Each stage of the Pseudochainship does not need to look like a completed ship in its own right. If you're building a part and don't have enough sections to finish it, that's fine. The next guy can build onto it from there. Note the forward parts of my current update, which are just sticking out into nothingness atm.
Quality Control Enforcer
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

Realism, seriously? It's a space ship game. Realism was thrown out the window a long time ago.
Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

Alright, I guess I will take a swing at it.

Edit:

Alright, who's next?

http://filesmelt.com/downloader/PCS006.rar
Last edited by Blackhart on Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anna

Post by Anna »

Okay, if you say you're going to do it, I expect a post up within an hour. Two hours tops. All you need to add is eight damn sections at the very most. If it takes you longer than an hour to do it, step down and let someone else do it, otherwise you're just wasting everyone's time.
Quality Control Enforcer
Anna

Post by Anna »

Okay, here's PCS007, from me, again. I thought I'd throw in one more contribution while I'm still awake enough to do so.

http://filesmelt.com/downloader/PCS007.rar

I think some of the next people may need to work on removing and altering some of the existing section work to help it all flow together better, instead of expanding upon it, but ultimately it's up to you guys what you want to do with this.
Quality Control Enforcer
inteuniso
Commander
Commander

Post by inteuniso »

I'll add some.

EDIT:

Here it is.

EDIT: EDIT: My bad, here's the file.

Chainship_0008
Last edited by inteuniso on Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's not my fault I can't take your post seriously.
AlphaDetisMegas
Captain
Captain

Post by AlphaDetisMegas »

okay, someone else can take it, my SM has trouble finding sections, so about half of the ship is missing.
Last edited by AlphaDetisMegas on Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing is forever. It can't be. 'Cause everyone changes.
Whether they want to or not, they need to change. Myself... Even you!