Pseudo-Chainship! New ship starts on page 4.

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Silver Swordsman
Commander
Commander

Post by Silver Swordsman »

No offense, Anna, but I think it may be some people are afraid of getting heavy criticism from you. Not that it's a bad thing, in fact, your criticism helps mine, but I guess it's just some people don't take things the way they do.

I'd love to join, but right now I have midterms and I need to get my sprite folder in order.
If admirals hate and trash your ships,
If you can't get it right;
Then off you go, but don't call quits;
Just go make custom sprites.

Solare:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4858
Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Post by Corporal Jomn »

I'll have another go guys.

EDIT:
Francis 013
Not sure I did very well, although I tried to extend the back.
A gay as fuck girl and loving it.
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Really... the back didn't need any more expanding. It was the front that needed it, really. Now it's even more rear-heavy and... chunky. D: It was curved and graceful, and now it's chunky and... D:
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Post by Corporal Jomn »

My bad, want me to delete it? That would be okay.
A gay as fuck girl and loving it.
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
Anna

Post by Anna »

No no, don't worry about it. I don't want to start ignoring people's submissions. Anyone else can go next. I might have another go at it later, though.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Room21
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Room21 »

I'll have a try, hope it doesn't turn out awful.

Update:

http://filesmelt.com/downloader/Francis_014.rar
Last edited by Room21 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Siber
Captain
Captain

Post by Siber »

Angry Guy In Charge wrote: 2) All ships should be packaged with the sprites used in it. These is REALLY EASY. Click "Tools", Click "Export Custom Sprites". The sprites will be dumped in a folder. Take that folder, move it out of your main BSF folder. Rename it as "Custom sprites". Package it in your zip with Francis ###.sb4 and then I won't be compelled to snap your neck.
This wasn't idle noise. Sadly, some neck snapping might be warranted right now. But don't worry! Room21, you have been selected! As the 14th participant, you are PREAPROVED to save your own skin. ACT NOW to claim your prize, it's easy! Simply load up your .sb4, find the option "Export Custom Sprites", under the tools menu, repackage the resultant directory with the .sb4 into a rar file, and reupload. Follow these easy steps, and YOU TOO can be a winner! Glory in the grand prize of people being able to fucking build off your shit. Because not all of us have every sprite ever.

Please, think of the lurker.

And remember, spay and neuter your pets.
seriously Anna. seriously oh my gawd seriously.

Author of DAF and Sillyness
Co-founder Homeworld:@
Room21
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Room21 »

Terribly sorry, I've edited the download link with the new pack.
Siber
Captain
Captain

Post by Siber »

Thanks. Too slow, though! I grabbed the custom sprites from _013 anyway. Missing the nose tips, but I wasn't interested in that area anyway, and hopefully the next person be able to manage the herculean task of grabbing the sprites directory from _014 as well. Or already have it. Whatever.

Get it here.
seriously Anna. seriously oh my gawd seriously.

Author of DAF and Sillyness
Co-founder Homeworld:@
inteuniso
Commander
Commander

Post by inteuniso »

I wish good luck to whomever takes it next. Here it is.

Francis 016
It's not my fault I can't take your post seriously.
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

Okay, on request I am re-uploading Francis 16 and putting up a new picture. There are no changes, this is just 'cause I was asked.
==>Download here<==
Yes, I know tar archives are funny, and most of you probably won't have dealt with them, but if you've got a program that can handle a .rar then it can probably deal with this. Really, I know it looks odd, but it's a standard format so who cares?

Ed: Only if you're a *nix using lunatic, actually, 'cause, y'know, I think it's kinda hard to call something a "standard format" considering it's probably not nearly as widely used as zip or rar are. Standard for *nix, maybe, but not for windows. So think of other people first! Changed the link to a zip file that's identical and hosted on filesmelt. - Arc
Last edited by Swamp Fox on Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
MagusZero
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MagusZero »

7z is good as well. Better compression than zip and rar. Not widely used, but as equally supported as rar, since winrar can handle it and it can handle rar.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Better safe than sorry though.
Anna

Post by Anna »

Well guys, since it looks like PCS Mk 2, aka "Francis" has run its course, I'd say it's time to once again begin anew. As with the first PCS, anyone is now free to grab, modify and post their own copies of Francis or whatever, in whatever way they want. All that's asked is you credit the Pseudo-Chainship Project.

As an example, I grabbed one of the older versions, messed around, and made this:

Anyway, moving on from that, he's the starting phase of the next Pseudo-Chainship, which for the time being will be called "Sulis".

http://filesmelt.com/downloader/Sulis001.zip

------------------------------

For those who've missed them, I'll repost the rules that people must follow here:

1) You can only add between 4 and 8 sections on your turn, then you post what you have and let someone else add their own 4 -> 8 sections. I know it will be asked, so yes, you can add eight sections to one side and then mirror it.

2) After posting your own update, you must wait for two more people to make their own additions before making any more.

3) If you remove any sections added by someone else, they count as sections you used. If you remove eight sections, you can't add any. If you remove five, you can add three. And so on. This is to discourage people from erasing other people's work while still allowing for it.
  • 3a) Moving sections added by someone else also counts towards your section-use total.
4) Colours can be changed whenever, as they're simple enough to change back, but I'd prefer that during building, people stick to shades of grey.

5) All ships should be posted with a picture.

6) All ships should be packaged with the sprites used in it. These is REALLY EASY. Click "Tools", Click "Export Custom Sprites". The sprites will be dumped in a folder. Take that folder, move it out of your main BSF folder. Rename it as "Custom sprites". Package it in your zip with Sulis ###.sb4 and then I won't be compelled to snap your neck.

7) After stating you will add the next lot of sections to the Pseudo-Chainship, you have a maximum of two hours to do so, which is more time than it should ever take to add 4-8 sections to a ship. If you exceed this time-limit, you forfeit your claim and someone else may take a shot at it.

That's it! Simple enough, right? Grab the .sb4, slap on four to eight sections, then pass it on. Please remember that this is a community project, so try to make your additions mesh with the work done by those before you. Other than that, this is mostly about having fun.
Last edited by Anna on Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quality Control Enforcer
Crimsonflame
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Crimsonflame »

Sweet, i'll have a go.

Edit, Sulis002:
http://filesmelt.com/downloader/Sulis002.rar

6 sections added, next.
Last edited by Crimsonflame on Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.