AD's miscellaneous things ~Updated 10/23/2009

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

AD's miscellaneous things ~Updated 10/23/2009

Post by ArcaneDude »

Update on last page

This will most likely just be a dump for all my tryouts / concepts and similar shit, untill I figure out another decent backstory and building style.

Random Ships

Unnamed thing 01
First Step
Naming still necessary, otherwise I think it's largely done. Except for weapons of course.

Unnamed Thing 02

See last post for notes
Last edited by ArcaneDude on Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:09 am, edited 5 times in total.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
unsunghero10
Commander
Commander

Post by unsunghero10 »

Since it looks like (at least color wise) like a scar, how about the 'Cicatrix'?

Besides the triangle section in the wings, they look great.
Lurk more
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Personally I think you should scrap the wings and remake them. Their shape isn't very impressive, and the section use there is less then stellar. The front part of the wings (the dark grey area, the antennae and the glowy bit) doesn't look bad, so you could keep that, but the rest needs to go.
The rest of the ship is quite good, nice section use and shape, although the ass seems a little spindly where the tail connects.
Latooni
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Latooni »

Manta. Needs more focus on curves, less focus on jaggy things.
thanto_
Commander
Commander

Post by thanto_ »

The wings appear somewhat curved, whereas the rest of the ship is all angles and jaggies. So, they don't quite fit. I do think a manta-like design would be cool, so you could change the rest of the ship to fit more with the wings or vice versa. But as is, the wings just don't match.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

the colors on this ship look like they need to modified slightly, the brownish red sections would look better in the same shade of brown as the other brown sections.
I like the wings but I do agree that they are slightly out of place when the rest of the ship is focused more in hard lines rather than curves.
Overall I do like it, but it could use some work.
Silver Swordsman
Commander
Commander

Post by Silver Swordsman »

Try tapering the wings out a bit--that should sharpen the look. Other else than that, I have no right to judge: this stuff is in the Anna Workshop thread for a reason.
If admirals hate and trash your ships,
If you can't get it right;
Then off you go, but don't call quits;
Just go make custom sprites.

Solare:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4858
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Silver Swordsman wrote:Try tapering the wings out a bit--that should sharpen the look. Other else than that, I have no right to judge: this stuff is in the Anna Workshop thread for a reason.
That's entirely false. Just because a person has earned the right to post ships here, does not mean their ships are above judgement or criticism. This applies even to me. Of course, the person in question may sometimes disagree with your criticism, but most of us do appreciate genuine criticism, and at least I try to use any I receive, if I think it's a good idea.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Silver Swordsman
Commander
Commander

That's entirely false. Just because a person has earned the right to post ships here, does not mean their ships are above judgement or criticism. This applies even to me. Of course, the person in question may sometimes disagree with your criticism, but most of us do appreciate genuine criticism, and at least I try to use any I receive, if I think it's a good idea.
Oh, what I meant was by that was that there wasn't really anything for me to say about it--I was throughly impressed. There's no way I could do anything even remotely close to that (I'm pretty sure you would say so too), and to nit-pick someone else's faults... it just didn't seem right to me.

But thanks for clearing it up. My apologies for wording it wrong.

Solare:
Cycerin
Captain
Captain

Post by Cycerin »

I love the sepia colorscheme. However, the section choice does not really appeal to me. There's a lot of needless blurring and mix of hard/soft shapes that make the ship much less impressive when you start to pay attention to the details.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

So, in all, the main problems are the wings, the use of angular sections with the curved ones and (maybe) the colors. Allright, I'll redo or change those parts, and maybe fatten the connection between the hull and the engines a bit. I dunno 'bout the colors, I kinda like these...
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Silver Swordsman
Commander
Commander

I dunno 'bout the colors, I kinda like these...
Keep the colors. They show theme, which is better than taste.

Solare:
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Two things:

Did this a while ago, finally got around to posting it. Better now?

This one - let's call it Unnamed Thing 02 for now - popped up in my head while submitting my thing for the Chainship. I've already got some criticism, but I'd like a lot more. I really want this one to turn out good.
Darkship
Captain
Captain

Post by Darkship »

Criticism? Hmmmm

What I think is that the nose area is 'incomplete'. It could either be shortened so that it can flow more with the 'wings' or extended somehow. Personally I would go with shortening it because I think that making the nose longer would break the flow somewhat.

Nothing much other than that.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3979][color=BLACK][b]Assorted Randomness[/b][/color][/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2727][color=Red][b]The Tal'Vorah Fleet[/b][/color][/url]
Silver Swordsman
Commander
Commander

Agreed. Nose needs more juice. A lot more juice.

Solare: