Tsuki no Ronde-class Dimensionripper

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

EriErin
Commander
Commander

Tsuki no Ronde-class Dimensionripper

Post by EriErin »

Sometimes, constructing a screen-filling dreadnought is not enough. That's when you construct a two screen-filling dreadnought and build a fleet of tiny warships to make it seem even bigger. Like so:

Click for fullsize in all its 1024*1144 glory

I'm going to put up the backstory some time soon. Arguably the idea of "decorative" minifleets has potential, and I'll probably build a couple more of these fleets and put them in their own twisted 1/20 scale universe.
AlphaDetisMegas
Captain
Captain

Post by AlphaDetisMegas »

HOLY SWEET MOTHER OF GOD

i like the ship, because of its scale, but also because of the ''junkyard'' look

it looks like it could fall apart any second, but still its not a ship i would like to face

EDIT: is it not symetrical on purpose?
Nothing is forever. It can't be. 'Cause everyone changes.
Whether they want to or not, they need to change. Myself... Even you!
Homer
Commander
Commander

Post by Homer »

Holy crap that thing is BIG, and nice custom sections also. One thing that bugs me are those giant sections but if thats to save FPS I understand. I bet this will be a Holy Ship, Nice job Eri.
My sig is under attack by commie mods!
Slayer0019
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Slayer0019 »

Holy Epic Proportions.
@Alpha: Looks pretty symmetrical to me...

Also, I think those Tac Nukes on the port side should be hidden. Plus, I dare say the whole thing looks a little under armed for something that size. The machine guns are good for coverage, but they don't convey a lot of power. Unless of course, there are hidden weapons I didn't spot.
Got Steam?
Join the official BSF Steam group today!

[img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z148/JohnDG/sig-1.png[/img]
dyoano
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by dyoano »

that's strangely reminiscent of that big bad enemy mining ship from the future in the Star Trek movie... :D

can ur compy actually run that at above 10 fps ?!
Commodore111
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Commodore111 »

The way the understructure works makes me think one big explosive would shake the thing into peices, being that big and all.

But still, quite amazing. Although, more of those sweet looking blue glows would be nice.
AlphaDetisMegas
Captain
Captain

Post by AlphaDetisMegas »

@Slayer

it is fairly symetrical,yes but if you zoom in you can see some differences on both sides...

and im curios at what FPS rate it runs ...
Nothing is forever. It can't be. 'Cause everyone changes.
Whether they want to or not, they need to change. Myself... Even you!
DoubleThink
Captain
Captain

Post by DoubleThink »

makes me want to build a supership, but we all know i don't have the skill.

Can you get a screenshot of it on the SM big so we can get a nice sense of how big this thing is?
abortedfetus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by abortedfetus »

dear mother of god that is big!
I'm curious how many sections are on that thing? :P
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Damn, as usual, amazing.
I think the thrusters look a little weak for a ship of that size, but other then that, I can't really find anything to complain about; the big ship is godly, and its small ships are nifty.
Excellent section work (in all the ships) and custom sprites, and a wonderful design and shape (in all the ships. It makes me think of Talhydras, but crazier (solely because of the struts with round connectors but...).
What would be cool is a version that's more asymmetrical (eg. one wing longer then the other or something).
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

Very impressive ship. I'm especially fond of your section usage layered over the large custom ones.

The smaller ships are also well done, if I didn't recognize the individual sections their scale wouldn't be obvious. Good job.

My only complaints would be the mirroring/symmetry issues (I'm assuming they aren't all intentional), and the fact that the smaller ships are obscuring the screenshot.
Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Post by Corporal Jomn »

HOLY SHIKRAH!

As usual, EriErin makes us all (at least me) feel inferior. Really great ship you got there. I second AlphaDetisMegas question about the FPS.
A gay as fuck girl and loving it.
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
parameciumkid
Commander
Commander

Post by parameciumkid »

Have you seen the new Star Trek movie (Yes, the same one dyoano mentioned)?
After I did I sort of wanted to make a BSF ship like the one the Romulan guy had but never ended up actually doing so.
The point is this ship doesn't look just like that one but captures a lot of its overall feel, which is awesome.

I can has download?
Wizardunic
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Wizardunic »

AlphaDetisMegas wrote:HOLY SWEET MOTHER OF GOD
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Wizardunic wrote:
AlphaDetisMegas wrote:HOLY SWEET MOTHER OF GOD
First and last unofficial warning: Spam posts like this are against the rules. You'd know that if you had actually bothered to READ the damn rules, dipshit. If I see you do this again, you'll get an official warning. Get three of those and it's tempban city for you.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.