My third ship: Shadow Rail

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

neotravis
Ensign
Ensign

My third ship: Shadow Rail

Post by neotravis »

Its my third, that is all.

Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

Couple of quick things:
1: Is this finished? Because as it is now, the bits you have floating alongside it don't really appear to make much sense.
2: The twinrail turrets look kinda odd to me, mainly because they look like turrets, with the mounted weapons being another turret.
3: No offense, but the colors are really really irritating.

That said, I do think the shape could be turned into something interesting, and there is some potential here, especially if you put some work into the back area.
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
neotravis
Ensign
Ensign

Post by neotravis »

1. Those floating bits are suppose to be some kind of shield. Not sure if I should improve or delete them.
2. Odd is good. But I will probably change them.
3. Will be all dark red
Billy Joe Bob
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Billy Joe Bob »

You can improve the shields by adding support beams and the like. Extra armor plates *MIGHT* look good on them to add a bit of detail.
blackrider123
Commander
Commander

Post by blackrider123 »

The colours are ok IF you add more shades to it. The design looks odd but it will look alright as a carrier if you scrap the floating parts (makes me wonder if you have parented your ship well...). The usage of parts are quite good but the shape is quite horrid. Try to make the ship wider with a more decent weaponry and set the depth of the wings properly (it will look nicer :) )
'Why so serious?' [b]-The Insane Asylum[/b]