Multi-fleet thread(AKA, Magick's Newest Failures.)

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Good?

Fail. Scrap and retry.
29%
Ehh...Ok.
50%
Amazing!
12%
I hate you, so i won't comment on your new ships.
10%

Total votes: 52

Siber
Captain
Captain

Post by Siber »

Large ring shaped devices with a repeating pattern around the perimeter that generates within it a blue portal? Yeah, no idea how you could connect that with Stargate. How silly.
seriously Anna. seriously oh my gawd seriously.

Author of DAF and Sillyness
Co-founder Homeworld:@
Magick
Captain
Captain

Post by Magick »

Edit:

A:Stable portal(Obviously.)

B,C,D,E: Power exhaust ports.

F,G,H,I: Portal Stabilizers.

J,K,N,O: Power cores

L,M,Q,P: Power Transfer Monitoring Station

A nice blueprint for you.
Last edited by Magick on Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aaganrmu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Aaganrmu »

You confuse me! Why are the JKNO/LQMP parts different in function? They look exactly the same to me. Maybe they're different internally, but it's not making sense to me at the moment.

Otherwise, I like it. It's different from most other ships. But I like it more as a background bit for a mission (capture/destroy/enter the gate), not as a battleship by itself.
Siber
Captain
Captain

Post by Siber »

Magick wrote:Also, can i have all posts in this thread besides this and the main post deleted?
Why, exactly?
seriously Anna. seriously oh my gawd seriously.

Author of DAF and Sillyness
Co-founder Homeworld:@
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Magick wrote:Also, can i have all posts in this thread besides this and the main post deleted?
I'm just going to go out on a limb here and say "no". Because I sincerely doubt there's any good reason for it.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Magick
Captain
Captain

Post by Magick »

Eh,on second thought, ignore that.
Magick
Captain
Captain

Post by Magick »

New ships, where i experimented with moving sections and triggers.

Project: A.S.I.E.B.(A Surprise In Every Box)
CheesyErwin
Captain
Captain

Post by CheesyErwin »

Their overall shapes are fine, but I think you can use more colors to show more depthing.
-CheesyErwin.
The one who makes the best[Claim disputed] mechas with BSF currently. (And the creator of the Sabot Cannon of the BSFCE.)

Worlds At War Universe:
The Earth Coaltion
Mars People's Union
The Free City-states of Luna
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Why would you take such close up shots of such simple ships that are all one glaring color? I mean I'm impressed at the movement since I haven't touched that yet but these are painful to look at.
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

In the last set of ships, the triangular one at the top reminds me of a Star Destroyer from Star Wars.

Also, for the jumpgate: If the rotating "portal" is a section, you should attach a ship deployer or two or eighteen or so to the bottom and make it functional! :D
Ne me forcez pas à arracher votre gorge, s'il vous plaît.
~~~~~
[b]ZOMG NINJA SARCASM[/b] :shock:
~~~~~
[quote="Arcalane"]If anyone says "y'all" again I'm going to string them up and put their head on a pike.[/quote]
Magick
Captain
Captain

Post by Magick »

Now that i have been gone for a while, it's time for more ships. Being part of a new star-nation.

The Defenders Of The Impenetrable Fortress-World Of Tygar

Or DIFWT for short.

Tygarian Fighter Pod
The most basic of tygarian ships, these slightly bulky fighters are the ships that the Tygarians depend on for border patrols. However, in the wake of realizing that the world of Tygar is held inside of a large mass of space junk, these have been repurposed. They now turn incoming pieces of trash into molten slag, then into nothing.

Tygarian Bomber Pod
The Bomber Pod is a slight variation on the fighter. It has an extra pair of wings, under which it hides it's powerful Fang Missile Launchers. The Fang fires clusters of rockets which spin around erratically before hitting whatever is in front of the bomber.

Now, for more info on the Tygarians.

The Tygarians once held a powerful star-nation, with the Varun and the Terrans under their control. They had not suspected that the two would rebel, not because they didn't think it was possible, but because they had superior weaponry. Or so they thought. In truth, the Varun had begun developing weaponry on the world now known as Vorus. When the Tygarians came to capture this weapon, known as the Vorus Projector, they were met with streams of blue fire. At the same time, the Terrans used captured Tygarian ships to attack the guardians of their homeworld, and they recieved help from an unlikely source: The Defense Fleet of the Independent Worlds. They were just beginning to be attacked by the Tygarians, but they had the power to push back the Tygarian Fleet. Under assault on all sides, the Tygarians were slowly pushed back to their capital: The Fortress-World known as Tygus IV. No matter how many ships gathered to assault Tygus IV, the attacks always failed. The warriors eventually gave up their attack, and fled back to their territory. The Tygarians continue to build strength.

Notice: These ships use these sections.
Last edited by Magick on Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Krishach
Commander
Commander

Post by Krishach »

the huge blue piece out in front has an appalling lack of detailing. Add something on it to give it more detail and, by result, more depth.

That being said, I like these ships best so far. You need a highlight color: a lighter shade of either the gray or blue, but the color scheme is distributed well by depth.

Lastly, there is very little to differentiate one ship from another. I honestly thought this was a before/after transformation before I read the post. They need something a little extra to set each apart: I'd suggest doing the "detail" I mentioned different per ship.
"Forgive my rudeness. I cannot abide useless people." -Murphy, Firefly

[b]Images removed for thoroughly violating width limit.[/b]
blackrider123
Commander
Commander

Post by blackrider123 »

i feel that ur newest ships are actually ok but lacks more detail(according to the forums) the grey part at the back looks weird but the overall shape is nice. Is that mini-missile?

honestly, ur previous ships are nicer :roll:
Last edited by blackrider123 on Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'Why so serious?' [b]-The Insane Asylum[/b]
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

bomber needs more to make it different because its exactly the fighter with two pieces moved! You can do better than this!
Magick
Captain
Captain

Post by Magick »

Krishach wrote:the huge blue piece out in front has an appalling lack of detailing. Add something on it to give it more detail and, by result, more depth.
:| Adding another piece on top of it results in a massive case of the uglies.
If i proceed with that, it won't look how i want it to look.
That being said, I like these ships best so far. You need a highlight color: a lighter shade of either the gray or blue, but the color scheme is distributed well by depth.
These ships are part of a universe. A universe where i use a stock gray color with another vibrant color to make a color scheme.
Lastly, there is very little to differentiate one ship from another. I honestly thought this was a before/after transformation before I read the post. They need something a little extra to set each apart: I'd suggest doing the "detail" I mentioned different per ship.
Looking back, I agree with this last part.
blackrider123 wrote:i feel that ur newest ships are actually ok but lacks more detail(according to the forums) the grey part at the back looks weird but the overall shape is nice. Is that mini-missile?

honestly, ur previous ships are nicer :roll:
Yes, that is a mini missile. Glad someone noticed. However, carbon-copying someone's criticism doesn't help. :|
Raul wrote:bomber needs more to make it different because its exactly the fighter with two pieces moved! You can do better than this!
>: | This i find very annoying. It's not even unique criticism, it's just annoying encouragement that wastes space.

Anyway, i'm adding more to this universe. A map, if you will:

Map may be subject to change, and i'll have the new bomber pics uploaded tomorrow.