this will knock your socks off! GRAND CRUISER

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

bahamutZERO9000
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by bahamutZERO9000 »

here is my other ship, which was the prototype for the Grand Crusier. it has weak weapons and no shields or armor but it is still pretty strong. i made it at the same time as the Grand Crusier, but i stopped working on it because i liked the Grand Cruiser design better.

it also has the glitch that Grand Crusier has but i am not sure how to fix it because there are too many pieces. i tried to fix it but there was to much complexitey to fix so i gave up. and i can't tell where the white lines are going.

here is the Cruiser number Two, or Grand Cruiser Prototype

i have made a new ship to try and fix my problem. this time, one piece blowing up will not blow up other pieces. i think that was what was wrong with my other ship. this ship is the Special Weapons Ship. it is used by the robot legion to throw up a wall of firepower and destroy the enemy's fighters.

here are links do download
http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... serTwo.shp
http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... nsShip.shp
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Still doing it wrong. :|

Ed:

THAT is how things should look.
Last edited by Arcalane on Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
bahamutZERO9000
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

what???? i tested it and it doesn't blow up all at once like my Grand Crusier and the prototype crusier.

actually there is still one problem. the weapon is not destroyed allong with the thing it was attached too, so sometimes there will be a floating weapon on the Special Weapons Ship when it gets damaged.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

I updated my post with how parenting should look.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

OMG WANKSHIP

Seriously. You build big ship, I build bigger, better-looking ship and reenact the French Revolution. Bragging about how powerful your ship is is pointless.

Secondly, do you see the white lines on your Ship Builder pics? Those are parenting lines. Each section/weapon should be parented logically so that destroying one section will destroy the other sections and weapons that are connected to it. All of your parenting lines are extending straight from the core, so weapons and things will be left hanging in space even if I blow up the rest of the ship. Select a section, the RMB-> Set Parent on the section it is supposed to be connected to.
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
bahamutZERO9000
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

ok i am looking at that picture you added. your lines go from piece to piece and mine go the the core. on the Grand Cruiser, the lines go from piece to piece too, but it still blows up. the weapons are attached directly to the core for added firepower. but i don't think that matters because they are not power conduits as you say.

here is the lines for the Grand Crusier:

as you see the weapons's lines go to the core and the piece's lines are connect to each other. what exactly is the problem? i know there are glitches but i don't understand them yet.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

That's because you connected them badly. The important thing is the sequence or order of the connections. Weapons don't lose or gain anything based on distance or connections. :roll:
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Oy... that parenting is... all over the damn place. Okay, newbie, here's the basics. A section explodes when its parent explodes. If everything is parented to the core, then you will have bits randomly floating in space, when other bits get blasted off. So, ideally, sections and weapons and modules should be PARENTED to the SECTION that it looks like they are ATTACHED TO.

Uggghhh. That parenting is horrible. Also, SUPER STRETCHED SECTIONS are fucking hideous. Don't use them.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Latooni
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Latooni »

I don't know what you guys are talking about, this ship is AWESOME.
Popcorn worthy.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

I tried to fix some things on your Special weapons ship. Its not the quality of what the vets look for but it gives you an idea of what is possible. And its the blue print so you can open it in shipmaker and check out the parenting, or blow it up in game and see what they mean. Hope you don't mind.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... s_ship.sb3
Flether
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Flether »

I really don't get why people dislike his ship so much. It's incredibly fun to send a tiny little light-cruiser sized ship with weak(er) weapons and totally smash a ship that's atleast 50times it's size.

This is your Grand Cruiser against my Revenant MKI, the first ship I made a little over a week ago:

Bigger isn't always better.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

I dislike it because it's bad. It looks like shit, it performs like shit, and its parenting is also shit. Any other questions? :|
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

Try to click on the piece that will be right next to the peice you are placing before you click and place it. That helped me alot in my newb days.
salanos
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by salanos »

Like they said.

Bad parenting, overall design doesn't appeal to me.
[img]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g200/salanos/Rnvtbw.jpg[/img]
Noctis
Captain
Captain

Post by Noctis »

Ya know, its times like this that somewhere, in the back of my head, a voice is screaming "HE'S JUST A TROLL, ITS OK, HE'S NOT SERIOUS"

trash the ship

do it

now

Ok once you trash it then look around, look at Anna's guide on shipbuilding
He's a grumpy, seldom affable jerk of a mod but he's also the best damn ship builder here, (the House of BSF sorta)
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1244

also look at these ships
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1886

look around the forums in general, look at Anna's works, danny's works, heck even my works.

Come back when you have something resembling anything like the other ships within this forum.

for your sake.