The Scourge Navy

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

xphoenix87
Commander
Commander

Post by xphoenix87 »

It's a bit better, but these sections that I highlighted could still use work

I still think there's too much random empty space, not enough of a solid connection between the pieces. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like where your other ships had some really good tiling in places, this one is just a big jumble. I'm not trying to be nitpicky. The overall shape is very cool, and I really like what you've done on the front of the ship, but with a bit more work on making the center more cohesive, I think this ship could look a LOT better
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Scourge Shield-Ship Paimon
Main Armament:
8x Corruptor-type Light Subspace Rift Cannon
1x Hell Storm-class Heavy Beam Cannon

Secondary Armament:
2x Gatling Plasma Cannon
15x Plasma Cannon
12x Heavy Missile Launcher
12x Light Missile Launcher
10x Light Slash Beam
2x Rapid Point Defense Beam
21x Long-Range Flak Cannon

"The Paimon is designate as both a Shield-Ship as well as a Heavy Dreadnought. It may not have as much raw firepower as a Chemosh, but it is able to focus all eight of its Corruptor weapons to a forward target. Its armor is also exceptionally heavy, and it is well protected by generous amounts of shielding, hence the Shield-Ship designation. It is well suited for absorbing massive damage."- Admiral Harry S. Dick, UIIFS Downpour, Monsoon-class Carrier.

"According to recon reports, its Hell Storm cannon faces rearwards. As if the field of fire on its Corruptors weren't good enough already. There's not a single angle you can attack from without being smacked down by at least three beam cannons. Don't even mention the secondary weapons on the tail portion. The rear is a good vector for another dreadnought to attack, but in this hunk of junk? That's a suicide mission. Actually, getting within three clicks of that thing is tantamount to suicide."- Captain Jen R. Ickerson, UIIFS Rain, Squall-class Frigate.

A Paimon unleashes a broadside

Have fun blowing it up:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... Paimon.shp

---
Credit to ChaosTheory for the smaller blue beams :P

Also, changed the midsection of the Azazel again.
I think it's goign to stay like this:
Magick
Captain
Captain

Post by Magick »

Wow!

These are the anti-fail ships that keeps these boards alive....

:cry: they're so beautiful....
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Shield ship? Why you little....

That is nice, though. I a way, the blue beams go really well with the black and red.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

Wow :shock: That looks bad ass!! Nicely done :)
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

I just realised that I haven`t commented on your ships, but there`s no time like the present so... These ships are awesome! Although I can`t see the ships too clearly, what I can see looks awesome. I can`t comment on how they play because I keep forgetting to download them, but I will once I have.
Koross
Commander
Commander

Post by Koross »

Wow nice. Somehow it reminds me of a king crab.
My Fleet: [url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1821]Aquilonian Fleet[/url] | [url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=53841#53841]Neo Genesis[/url] | [url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2632]UTA[/url]
My Random Ships: [url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2191&highlight=]Brainfarts™[/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=851&highlight=ship+types]Ship Classifications[/url]
Venator
Captain
Captain

Post by Venator »

Not sure how I missed this thread... great looking ships there! I'll eagerly run some battles tomorrow.
ArcaneDude wrote:Shield ship? Why you little....

That is nice, though. I a way, the blue beams go really well with the black and red.
Apparently the Illuminating Ascendancy can blow off both armour belts with it's Deiterling "alpha strike".

It's still downright nasty for us to face, though :shock:.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2921][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DraTuicichNovae/AESig.png[/img][/url]
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

Droid, you're a genius.
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
Ixranin
Captain
Captain

Post by Ixranin »

I definately like the Paimon, but... if it's a shield ship, it's using a lot of those angled sections in the shield which have poor collision detection from what I've seen. <_<
Commodore111
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Commodore111 »

They're okay, though the mid sections seem a little cluttered...

Also, If you wan't a shield ship, you can try giving it a long "tail" to make other ships think it's huge. I dunno if it would fit with the other ships though if you do that.
Magick
Captain
Captain

Post by Magick »

Commodore111 wrote:They're okay, though the mid sections seem a little cluttered...

Also, If you wan't a shield ship, you can try giving it a long "tail" to make other ships think it's huge. I dunno if it would fit with the other ships though if you do that.
Yeah.
As long as it isn't as long as the Lolbaitfish's. XD
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

Meh, one version of the Mastermind originally had a tail reaching many shipmaker lengths. The Lolbaitfish's isn't that big.

/derail
Office hours: 12:30-2:00 PST M-F, in #BSF.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

The tail extends from the core (which didn't move) to the end of the ship builder area. That extends it long enough without making the tail a liability (although it really already is).

Also, Ixranin, what do you mean by "poor collision detection"?
Are their hitboxes too large or too small? (and you're talking about section 18's right?)
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

---New classes sighted, Archives Updated---

Scourge Artillery Barge Morax
Main Armament:
6x Agony X-type advanced swarm rocket
1x Venom-class special weapon

Secondary Armament:
8x Light Slash Beam
10x Long Range Flak Cannon

"A dedicated artillery vessel, the Morax carries 6 missile bays for launching swarms of deadly, long-ranged Agony X rockets and little else. Forward-mounted beam cannon is notably different from those found on other Scourge vessels, releasing an ultra-intense burst of energy capable of ripping through even shielded sections. Thankfully, its capacitors are not powerful enough to store enough energy for any sort of sustained burst, making the weapon only capable of scorching a bit of armor off heavier ships. We can only hope that Venom-class weapons will not installed on less vulnerable vessels. As both the main cannon and the missile batters have prodigiously long reload times, they are only useful for providing support fire.

The low armor and lack of serious secondary armament allows most heavier vessels to simply close and overwhelm the Morax's defenses. If ignored, the artillery barge is capable of doing considerable damage to even the heaviest vessels, making the Morax a high-priority target. "- Admiral Harry S. Dick, UIIFS Vengeance, Deluge-class Dreadnought.

Scourge Bombardment Platform Andromalius
Main Armament:
2x Corruptor-type Light Subspace Rift Cannon
5x Hell Lance-class Standard Beam Cannon

Secondary Armament:
12x Plasma Cannon
1x Rapid Point Defense Beam
3x Long Range Flak Cannon

"One of the most oddly designed craft in use by the Scourge, the Andromalius barely classifies as a ship: it's mobile, but just barely. What it does have, though, is massive firepower in the form of five Hell Lance weapons. It appears to be designed simply to crawl into position around an installation or planet and bombard it, being of less use against mobile targets. It is occasionally seen as blockade elements, contributing effectively to the defense with its heavy armament." - Vice Admiral Joshua N. Leviticus, UIIFS Ascension, Maelstrom II-class Battlecruiser.

Scourge Sentry Gun
FORM A - Beam Cannon
Primary Armament:
1x Hell Lance-class Standard Beam Cannon

Secondary Armament:
2x Long Range Flak Cannon

FORM B - Support
Primary Armament:
1x Bombardment Module

Secondary Armament:
2x Rapid Point Defense Beam
2x Long Range Flak Cannon

"Scourge sentry guns function in a similar manner to our own - to provide a light defensive presence even in the lack of warships, or to assist warships in defense. Completely immobile and unable to move or even turn, sentry guns rely on their small profile to not be targeted, and can be quickly dispatched. Both forms of Scourge sentry guns we have seen feature a deflector array facing in one direction, increasing survivability, but not by much as they can be easily flanked. Just be wary of their weapons if you intend to expose an undefended flank towards them, but otherwise, they're not much of a threat." - Commodore Micheal A. Hunt, UIIFS Undaunted, Sleet-class Destroyer.

---
Yeah, well, since I was bored, I just came up with some specialized ships. They should add some more tactical depth to Great War battles (without lagging them up too bad), since honestly, it was kind of boring to watch lag explosions for a couple of hours and not have anything 'special' to prioritize... :P
The Morax has repitition. So what. Sue me. (also, ignore the shields and pointbeam, they've been removed and replaced with two more flak guns)
And the Andromalius is ugly. I know that. I wanted it to look crude.