The Slewex Fleet

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Elvin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

The Slewex Fleet

Post by Elvin »

Since the first fleet had become obsolete, due to new weapons research, the Emperor has commissioned a new fleet to be made, incorporating this new technology and hence improving the fleet.

The last set of changes made were rendered obsolete when the Hall of Blueprints was blown up, along with most of the fleet, by a man in a tight pinstriped suit who had recently gained God status amongst the legends. As the engineer who had devised these blueprints was long-since dead, it was decreed that there would be no more of these first generation ships.

The new second generation ships brought with them a new generation of engineers, pilots and staff. These were generally considered to be better than the first generation employees, as they were the children of the ones who had survived explosions, flu, dangerous diseases and hair-dryers.

Light Fighter
This ship is designed to flank and then to pound the enemy, making use of it's small size, high turning speed and rapid-fire weaponry to make this a deadly short range ship. This ship boasts the newest weaponry, such as the Cannon, a device that accelerates matter to lightning fast speeds which rips through ships.

Corvette
This ship boasts two rotating Particle Obliteraters, the newest design, which means that the ship can fire in all directions. It also has two rapid fire cannons on the front, designed for eliminating enemy fighters who stray too close.

Missile Support
This ships has the newest scatter-shot weapon, which launches multiple projectiles at the enemy, causing widespread damage over a large area. This is backed up with six rocket launchers, designed to punch holes in specific sections of the enemy ship

Charger
This ship is named due to it's job. It is specifically designed to charge the enemy and, from there, utilise all of it's guns to damage everything and everyone.

Cruiser
Featuring two of the newest weapon, these shells are designed to be shot AWAY from the enemy, and curve back in, thus avoiding all of the frontal flak cannons found on every ship. Otherwise, this ship's role is general fire support.

Frigate
This heavy ship is designed to be the front line combat ship, with four of the new Particle Obliterater cannons found behind layers of protective armour. It is, however, slightly lightly defended from attacks directly in front of it.

Juggernaut
Featuring the most flak cannons of any ship so far, this vessel is deadly when used in head on assaults, with it's dual Cannons and repeater weaponry, as well as many other weapons.

Battleship
This ship has the largest concentration of weaponry of any ship in the fleet so far. Designed to be able to fight off the enemy in any direction, there are Particle Obliteraters pointed in every direction.

Defender
This ship is usually used to cover the flanks of the fleet, due to it's large frontal area being able to cover smaller ships, and provide supporting fire at the same time.

All comments and constructive criticism welcome.

P.S. sorry for the size of the pictures, I didn't realise quite how big they become.
Last edited by Elvin on Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Make weapons point sideways
L and J rotate weapons.
Change the colour of my ship's core ( the Painters are on strike, apparently)
Simple; it can't be done. Cores always revert to your default colurs, that can be set in the game's option menu.
Fill in the holes in the hull. My ex-Engineers claimed that they didn't matter, but I do not trust them.
Ehmmmm......Fill them them up with sections, mayhaps?
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

ArcaneDude wrote:
Simple; it can't be done. Cores always revert to your default colurs, that can be set in the game's option menu.
Technically I think it can but it's very finicky. You need to select the core and use the edit dropdown menu, and you need to reset the colour every time you re-open the blueprint after saving.

It may not even work in the first place, of course. But it's worth a shot.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Arcalane wrote:
ArcaneDude wrote:
Technically I think it can but it's very finicky. You need to select the core and use the edit dropdown menu, and you need to reset the colour every time you re-open the blueprint after saving.

It may not even work in the first place, of course. But it's worth a shot.
It works. I've done it before. It's just annoying as hell.
XxKiraYamatoxX
Captain
Captain

Post by XxKiraYamatoxX »

Yep. Recolour it every time you open that particular blueprint. Piece of cake if your core's fully shown.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1804]Orion Industries Shipyard[/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2155]Wyrmtech Industries Shipyard[/url]
Elvin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Elvin »

Okay, I have uploaded the rest of the fleet ( for now)

Comments very welcome
natan_j
Commander
Commander

Post by natan_j »

Interesting designs, the last two. Seems half cop-out, half ingenuity to leave such large holes in the ship, but it definitely allows less sections to cover more area. As for your only projectile weapons theory, I think you'll find that instead of epic battles, you'll get long, drawn out stalemates because not shots are getting through to leave lasting damage (remember that there's a periodic HP regen for all section). If the missiles are set to a low enough interceptability, it might be able to break a stalemate.

EDIT: Whoo! Reached 100 posts again!
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2267]Ships of the Imperial Tul'tharian Navy.[/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2878]Minifleet Project.[/url]
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

I like the smaller ships, but I don't like the big ships with huge holes in them. It seems kind of a waste, especially with the battleship, to make a large ship, but make it have only a few more pieces than a cruiser. Also, lol, the Behemoth looks like a 'B'.
Elvin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Elvin »

Weirdly enough, the ships I set to "enemy" always win. Every single time, the enemy ships just beat the allied ships, even when they have minor disadvantages, like two or three less ships.
Anarki
BANNED

Post by Anarki »

The first four ships I like. The last two are just downright ugly.
Lycan
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Lycan »

Your fighter seems more like a corvette IMO. I like your first ship though. :)
Elvin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Elvin »

Anarki wrote:The first four ships I like. The last two are just downright ugly.
Personally I think the last ship is good, but I agree, the Monolith could use a little work.

And I was unsure exactly what to class the fighter as, so that's why it's called " heavy" :P
Elvin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Elvin »

The revised Slewex Fleet is now here, all comments and constructive criticism welcome.
Darksoul
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Darksoul »

The ship's Basic design looks good . Although i would reccomend you don't Use the Section 18's so much most of your ships have alot of repition otherwise good work, keep it up.
Elvin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Elvin »

The repetition on the Cruiser and Circular were deliberate, as I find that's by far the best method to get a pretty accurate circle